thrown weapons

Nikorisu

Artisan
Hey! I'm gonna be coming out to the June 9th event and I was wondering if anyone has made effective use of thrown weapons. I haven't really found anything that works in my home chapter, but if anyone has and is willing to bring them to the event, that would be awesome.

I have made some of my own. The key is weighing them properly. Personally, I use 10 or 12 layers of plastidip on the tips and the pommels of mine to give them some counter-balance while in mid-air.

They work, but they really should be used while either moving away or moving toward an enemy as you get into short range, say four of five feet. Bonus points if you have them all coated with something.

If you miss with a coated thrown weapon, is it expended? The coating I mean. I could see justification for both ways.

A swing in the air does not use up a coating, but hitting a target, even a sword or shield, does, per the ARB. For me, that implies that physically contacting another surface uses the coating, so I would consider it expended for hitting the ground.

Alliance Rule Book

Back