[.11] Timeline for Magic Item Conversion?

IMoriarty

Marshal
Given that many chapters are starting to end their seasons (or already have), I've been part of a lot of discussions looking towards next season, with the underlying assumption that chapters will move to 2.0.

While the new Player Database is really helpful for planning out what 2019's builds will look like, we still have no idea what the conversion of magic items will look like, and that's holding a lot of people back.

Do we have a prospective conversion system? I've regular heard the rumor that it will be based on some sort of "point buy", but no indication as to what those points might be.

This is particularly important as my chapter, along with many others, are looking to hand out loyalty, GS, and DS picks for magic items, that will never see use (as is), as they'll be immediately converted at the season opener.

So, I'd like to see a relatively final conversion process prior to the holidays, as logistics teams will likely get a flood of MI requests before the calendar year closes out.

I think you have at least half a year, and maybe a year before that is an issue, assuming they keep to the tentative timeline mentioned in this thread https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/alliance-2-0-rules-and-playtesting-read-first.33331/
"I wanted to give an update on the current status of ARB 2.0. At this time, we intend for there to be 2 more playtest rounds: one from January through the end of March, and a final round after Symposium ending in late summer. At that point, if the Owners are satisfied with the state of 2.0, we will begin working on the rollout."

It would also be great if we had a more firm idea of when 2.0 hits. Because for me I am not sure I will bother with pay no plays in 2.0. The rate of exp is so much less. But if I get half a year of 1.3 I would probably go ahead and do them.

It would also be great if we had a more firm idea of when 2.0 hits. Because for me I am not sure I will bother with pay no plays in 2.0. The rate of exp is so much less. But if I get half a year of 1.3 I would probably go ahead and do them.

I'd thought the XP gain was same, and that all was changing was they were skipping telling you the XP and just giving you the build equivalent directly. So if you were first level and attended a 2-day event, instead of getting 50xp, you'd instead get 7.14 build (which has been renamed XP).

The only official information on it I've seen is from the packet, which discusses the removal of XP in favor of fractional build and increase in starting build. No change in gain per event is discussed. Any of the moderators want to chime in?

I've heard the same thing as you @Tantarus
I will gain something like .1 xp per blanket. So after 5 weekend events I'll get 1xp. I better build my character right other wise I'm stuck. Can't wait

There was a chart in one of the previous packets that broke down rate of xp gain by level. If I remember correctly, there wasn’t a significant divergence from the current gain until around level 40 or so, and (again going off memory here) it was comparable to the current rates at around 55 or 60+

I can chime in here. There is very little difference between the old XP to BP conversion and the new XP chart. You gain XP at the same rate as before. It will just be much easier to calculate on your own going forward. At the much higher levels, there is a bit of “slow down”, but nothing significant, form 1.3. I believe the change starts around 400 XP, but again, not by much.

I can chime in here. There is very little difference between the old XP to BP conversion and the new XP chart. You gain XP at the same rate as before. It will just be much easier to calculate on your own going forward. At the much higher levels, there is a bit of “slow down”, but nothing significant, form 1.3. I believe the change starts around 400 XP, but again, not by much.

Can you share the chart?

By my math it is like 40% less much build per blanket at 40+. It is like .3 build a blanket at 40-45. That means I get .6 build an event. Where as now I get just under a build per event. That adds up alot over the course of a year. That means if I play 1 chapter and get 5 events worth of exp I only get 3 build a year.

By my math it is like 40% less much build per blanket at 40+. It is like .3 build a blanket at 40-45. That means I get .6 build an event. Where as now I get just under a build per event. That adds up alot over the course of a year. That means if I play 1 chapter and get 5 events worth of exp I only get 3 build a year.

#ShouldBeCappedAnyways

#ShouldBeCappedAnyways

Absolutely, however the day for that was 20 years ago, unfortunately. We could apply a cap now, but it wouldn't deal with the rather large number of absurdly high level characters floating around, and it seems very unlikely that the owners are interested in telling players who have been reliable income streams for that long that their characters are getting cut off.

Seems very significant to me. Humm

Absolutely, however the day for that was 20 years ago, unfortunately. We could apply a cap now, but it wouldn't deal with the rather large number of absurdly high level characters floating around, and it seems very unlikely that the owners are interested in telling players who have been reliable income streams for that long that their characters are getting cut off.

Not invested in the fight, but there's an easy solution for that. You cap anyone coming up, and grandfather the old characters, with the understanding that they won't gain any more than they already have. Then you start incentivizing them to retire. *shrug*

Level-BP per Blanket
1-2 5
3-4 4
5-6 3
7-8 2
9-10 1
Every 5 levels after 10th, BP per Blanket goes down by 0.1 to a minimum of 0.2.
11-15 0.9
16-20 0.8
21-25 0.7
26-30 0.6
31-35 0.5
36-40 0.4
41-45 0.3
46+ 0.2

Not invested in the fight, but there's an easy solution for that. You cap anyone coming up, and grandfather the old characters, with the understanding that they won't gain any more than they already have. Then you start incentivizing them to retire. *shrug*

That's probably the way you'd have to do it, but I have philosophical issues in creating a permanent overclass whose mechanical stats can never be matched by those who weren't above the 'must be this tall to ride' line at the right time. If put in that situation, I'd much rather declare a full world reset with a build cap and any blankets above that cap shifted off to an alt.

I better build my character right other wise I'm stuck. Can't wait

Man you're in a national staff position. This kind of negatively doesn't help the game. A lot of players have given feedback about worries about building their character wrong. Including @Auric, if you think the owners haven't heard that you're wrong. There's a proposal up for voting right now to assist with it, as is further discussion taking place about how to further alleviate this fear.

Back