To all who attended the Ducal gathering in August

Thorgrim

Artisan
I know it has been some time since we have all gathered in New Acarthia, and I saw many new faces this past gathering. Therefore, I would like to inform or remind everyone of what we have agreed upon in terms of the distribution of treasure obtained during large battles involving most of the town.

Last year we determined that the most fair and equitable method of dividing spoils from these battles was for everyone to turn in any treasure obtained during said battles to representatives appointed to look over and distribute the it evenly. This has become known colloquially as loot sack or treasure bag, and all gold and items from these large battles go into a bag held by an appointed individual to be sorted, identified, and distributed at the end of the event. Participation is not mandatory, but highly encouraged, as it is the most equitable way for everyone to get a fair share. Valuable items are auctioned off at the end of the gather and every person who participated in the fights will be given a portion of the gold from those auctions.

This particular gathering was unusual in that two of the three representatives who normally help with this distribution, Kendrick Eisenhall and Belswin Torrid were not able to attend the gathering leaving only the dryad Percy to handle all loot distribution. This is much too large of a task for a single individual so I made a recommendation to Percy as well as leaders of various factions that for the sake of convenience, that we only deposit those items of great value such as ritual scrolls or magic items obtained during town battles to the treasure bag, to be auctioned off and gold distributed at the end of the next gathering. This was generally agreed upon but doesn't appear to have happened.

Now more than ever I realize the necessity of a treasure distribution system to make sure that everyone gets a fair cut. I heard so many accounts of greed and distrust this last gather that frankly I am disgusted by our collective behavior. A New Acarthian Baron had to dive on top of a pile of treasure at the final battle, covering it with his shield, to prevent people from snatching up items. This is not acceptable; we are all better than this.

In the interest of fairness, I will be turning over the bind magic item that was dropped by the mummy to the treasure bag, and I am calling on everyone else who obtained any of these valuable items (ritual scrolls or magic items) during town battles this last gathering to turn their spoils over to Percy, Kendrick, or Belswin to be auctioned off at the end of next gather.

-Thorgrim Gravelcracker the Unquenched
Seneschal of Warchester

Your house and your boys robbed a grave and brought out that mummy and his posse that was "rod-hungry" that the rest of us also had to fight. Thats probably good that you're shareing.

-Vira

Your house and your boys robbed a grave and brought out that mummy and his posse that was "rod-hungry" that the rest of us also had to fight. Thats probably good that you're shareing.

-Vira

Technically we were retrieving the rod on behalf of its original owner and took nothing else out of the tomb, but that's beside the point. I'm sure no one in house Thorne has ever entered a grave, tomb, crypt, or catacomb and brought anything back out with them, nor incurred the wrath of some evil entity who decided to take it out on the town. Or perhaps you are just trying to pick a fight; if so you know where to find me.

Hello to my friend Thorgrim the Unquenched!

I love the treasure bag! The people of New Acarthia are so generous with their treasure stuffing it into a bag like this to make sure that everyone gets a cut of the loot. Squyère Kendrique and Belshwinn they do such a good job of this and are real organized. I hope lots of people give them tips with their treasure because I see they work real hard to write everyone's names down!

If you change the plan so you are only putting in real expensive things like items of enchantment and formal magic scrolls and things, then it is real tough for little people to get a fair cut of meagre coins and crafted goods. I cast a lot of the healing spells to anybody who needs it... well, almost anybody unless they're a shithead, but you know... mostly anybody who's not awful. And sometimes rich people are real generous and they are nice and they remember to give you a tip, or do you a solid in return or something like give you a place to stay when you can't find a place to build a hut. And then sometimes they find themselves stranded on a far away island with strange and savage people and monsters and you give them a safe place to stay in your hut with a nice Ward to protect them from nightmares and snakes and stuff and they drink in a whole lot of your healing spells... and I mean a whole lot, by the way... and while they're very nice friends, maybe they never think to give you a cut of that giant sack of loot they're carrying around for themselves... You know. Just as an example. Of something that could happen.

So I real hope you are not getting rid of putting all the loot in the loot sack because I think it is a real nice way of making sure nobody gets forgotten.

But you are real nice and brave, and you have always been a good friend to Lola, and I know you got your eye on this like I do. Thank you for standing up on this, Thorgrim, and thanks, too, to the bag holders like Kendrique and Belshwinn and Percy, who I think I know, but I forget maybe.

Anyway, peace be upon all the friends to Lola, and everybody who needs coins because they got bad debts over them, and healers and people who fix your armor, and everyone who is not a shithead.

~Lola

Hello to my friend Thorgrim the Unquenched!

I love the treasure bag! The people of New Acarthia are so generous with their treasure stuffing it into a bag like this to make sure that everyone gets a cut of the loot. Squyère Kendrique and Belshwinn they do such a good job of this and are real organized. I hope lots of people give them tips with their treasure because I see they work real hard to write everyone's names down!

If you change the plan so you are only putting in real expensive things like items of enchantment and formal magic scrolls and things, then it is real tough for little people to get a fair cut of meagre coins and crafted goods. I cast a lot of the healing spells to anybody who needs it... well, almost anybody unless they're a shithead, but you know... mostly anybody who's not awful. And sometimes rich people are real generous and they are nice and they remember to give you a tip, or do you a solid in return or something like give you a place to stay when you can't find a place to build a hut. And then sometimes they find themselves stranded on a far away island with strange and savage people and monsters and you give them a safe place to stay in your hut with a nice Ward to protect them from nightmares and snakes and stuff and they drink in a whole lot of your healing spells... and I mean a whole lot, by the way... and while they're very nice friends, maybe they never think to give you a cut of that giant sack of loot they're carrying around for themselves... You know. Just as an example. Of something that could happen.

So I real hope you are not getting rid of putting all the loot in the loot sack because I think it is a real nice way of making sure nobody gets forgotten.

But you are real nice and brave, and you have always been a good friend to Lola, and I know you got your eye on this like I do. Thank you for standing up on this, Thorgrim, and thanks, too, to the bag holders like Kendrique and Belshwinn and Percy, who I think I know, but I forget maybe.

Anyway, peace be upon all the friends to Lola, and everybody who needs coins because they got bad debts over them, and healers and people who fix your armor, and everyone who is not a shithead.

~Lola

Hello Lola,

I am certainly agree that we should put all loot from town battles into the treasure sack going forward. I simply recommended the large items only this once since it was an unusual circumstance with both Belswin and Kendrick being unable to attend. Dividing up everything including the minor spoils was far too big a job for just Percy. I hope that next gather Belswin and Kendrick will be there as well as Percy, and we can go back to putting all treasure found during town battles into the treasure bag going forward.

Alright you are back on the Good List then!

Peace be upon you,
your friend,
~Lola

Back