To much love for one man.

Balryn

So I hear I'm wanted?

It is always good to hear that the gaje are off putting my likeness up at the tavern. But it is so rude to hear that people want me dead and they don't even have the gall to post it on a public wall.

This place of dreams is so ironically funny sometimes.

~Forestis

Balryn said:
So I hear I'm wanted?

It is always good to hear that the gaje are off putting my likeness up at the tavern. But it is so rude to hear that people want me dead and they don't even have the gall to post it on a public wall.

This place of dreams is so ironically funny sometimes.

~Forestis

As you wish:

Wanted -

The following individuals are wanted for questioning -

Yasmay Laetschi
The Gypsy known as Mikhel (associated with the Laetschi tribe)

Balryn, also associated with the Laetschi tribe is wanted for prosecution on the charge of High Treason

Set forth by my hand, let it be done.

Count Bianco Di'Orsini

After listening to the testimony given at the trial, I'm suprised the poster doesn't say: "Wanted Dead or Alive" :eek: instead of ..."for prosecution on the charge of High Treason".

Evad said:
After listening to the testimony given at the trial, I'm suprised the poster doesn't say: "Wanted Dead or Alive" :eek: instead of ..."for prosecution on the charge of High Treason".
You know this is far more typical of what I expect of gaje. I can't think of a time I haven't been wanted for high treason and I am always going to wonder why they seem so wanting of my head. Far be it from arguing with nobility, but I was hoping some of these nobles in this land were not so wanting of war and death. I thought that was a place of difference, not of similiarities.

From the stories I have been told, I am somewhat honored that my actions fighting on the line make me responsible for the destruction of a world that was fading from reality due to the lack of effort on many people over the past few months and even years... but mostly I am more unsettled with the fact that those who want me dead are still trying so inadvertently to reduce my life without raising a sword themselves. I know of many skilled storytellers, but the lore I've heard as of late is far more skillful than that of the dragon.

Being held accountable for the destruction of the world is far more interesting- even if it is more fictional, than being held accountable for a suicide mission given from a brother or watching my kind targeted for eradication.

Oddly enough, it is more strange that the nobles here want me dead and they fail to send word or even look into the situation before raising such stories to the realm of political intrigue. If the nobility of the land wants this settled within reason, they should really communicate the intention of justice through honesty and honor rather than spreading such sentances in rumor.

Oh well... one more nation of poor judiciary measure. I'll take blame, as I always have and see those who care to know me at the redwood.

~Balryn

Balryn said:
You know this is far more typical of what I expect of gaje. I can't think of a time I haven't been wanted for high treason and I am always going to wonder why they seem so wanting of my head. Far be it from arguing with nobility, but I was hoping some of these nobles in this land were not so wanting of war and death. I thought that was a place of difference, not of similiarities.

From the stories I have been told, I am somewhat honored that my actions fighting on the line make me responsible for the destruction of a world that was fading from reality due to the lack of effort on many people over the past few months and even years... but mostly I am more unsettled with the fact that those who want me dead are still trying so inadvertently to reduce my life without raising a sword themselves. I know of many skilled storytellers, but the lore I've heard as of late is far more skillful than that of the dragon.

Being held accountable for the destruction of the world is far more interesting- even if it is more fictional, than being held accountable for a suicide mission given from a brother or watching my kind targeted for eradication.

Oddly enough, it is more strange that the nobles here want me dead and they fail to send word or even look into the situation before raising such stories to the realm of political intrigue. If the nobility of the land wants this settled within reason, they should really communicate the intention of justice through honesty and honor rather than spreading such sentances in rumor.

Oh well... one more nation of poor judiciary measure. I'll take blame, as I always have and see those who care to know me at the redwood.

~Balryn
Yet again, balryn says all the nobles and gaje are out to get him. Yet again he asks why people who think he has done something wrong dont just take a sword and stab him.
We have heard this story before, and it rings hollow. No one went to talk to you first becouse you left town as soon as your ship could sail, leaving others to answer for you. Would it surprise you that other gypsys feel that you have done something wrong this time?
If you really want the law to tell you what they think you did, you should come see them, no one in this matter has been killed out of hand, and no one had been punished without quite a bit of talking and deliberation on the matter. If you really think this is all rumor and speculation, then you have nothing to worry about do you?

But no, I think we will not see you till you have time to work on your story, and a chance to see if you can intimidate others into standing by you yet again. You have already started using words like honor and suicide to make others think that these charges must be false, that someone like you could never have done anything bad, and its just the "foolish" nobles and "evil" gaje who are out to get all the gypsys again.

This is not about gypsys, this is about crimes and evil deeds. If you were purely human, an elf, a hobbling, or even a dwarf you would be called to stand your your actions and lack of actions.

So as I said, if you have truely done no wrong, come and see the law, and have them prove you innocent of all charges.

Well Kauss... I've been in town almost the whole time and I don't need any time to work on a story. The wisdom of a second is all that is needed when the hour is setting. So while you go about creating stories of how I abandoned the town or some such you will just have to rethink that Mykell and I fought along side the rest of the town to kill the Strega. If throwing life spells and healing around throughout the evening is viewed as inaction... I can only assume you were too busy trying to keep your own head intact.

I didn't say all nobles are out to get me, in fact Kauss- I have been a noble in several lands far more practiced than the town I've seen as of late. It would be fairly hypocrtical of myself to say all nobles are evil... The nobles in the old town tend to be very wary of rom and treat them poorly and I expect better of individuals who actually hold noble title. I don't fear nobility, I admire it when it is actually someone who believes in action from the heart rather than greed from the pocket. I was expecting more of people I had never met in a new land.

As far as other gypsies feeling I've done something wrong... that is perfectly acceptable. I haven't spoken to them and they don't know what happened and either do you. I am not going to squabble over the particulars of what happened or the stories I've been rumored amongst. Yet more to the point regarding rom- most would be outraged if the truth was known about the past gaje inactons they have not born witness to and for that which I have kept silent over the past decades.

I haven't actually been advised of any law being broken nor have I been contacted by anyone in these lands who holds any noble title. Just the words of someone who'm I thought was a friend turning against the people who cared most for them. I feel as though no one feels the loss of such heart as closely as I do and no one can truly understand the sadness of the things other people paid to make sure your head was kept intact.

Balryn

Just a smidgen of irony.

Taran,
you are welcome to your opinion, and I do appreciate you sharing it, but we have this saying where I come from:

"Shut your bloody trap, and sod off, fiveskin."

It loses absolutely nothing in translation, and is very relevant to your comment.

Kauss,

Do you really believe that "I'm innocent, so let the cards fall where they may" shite? That is as idiotic as a trial by fire. You pave your own way to the endgame, or become a cobblestone yourself.

You talk about Balryn as if his response is oh so typical, but your response seems just as reflexively cliche.

High Treason is a very serious charge, I find it suspect more information was not released. Treason is also very specific, High Treason moreso.

Any information you could garner from those who have defected from a tribe or clan is even more so suspect.

The burden of proof most often rests with the accused, and anyone would be hard pressed to defend themselves singly against an entire town's accusations... many of which are baseless.

If I were falsely accused of crimes, I would elude capture until I could prove my innocence, not turn myself in to be hanged. The evidence of your profession and personality speaks contrarily to an overly trusting mindset...
So I highly doubt you (or anyone) would consciously suppress your instinct of self-preservation in the same situation.

Balryn has contacted many of the Romani elders, myself included
He asked for our patience... We have given it.

He told little else of his tale, but I asume this is because he is a wanted man, with many who would kill him out of hand on nothing more than the word of a fellow adventurer.

I can understand that, and appreciate that he even tried making contact at all... considering his situation.
He didn't leave "as soon as his ship could set sail," he has simply proven better at evading capture than his opposition has at capturing him.

What happens (or doesn't) to Balryn as far as the Romani are concerned is none of yours. You may think you know our ways, but I assure you that you are incapable of seeing the greater Romani picture.

Many Romani have been what Gaje call "Nobility"...
I myself am a member of the peerage, I simply do not advertise it boldly.

I believe my deeds and feats of arms truly matter, not words I put before or after my name.

I suppose I simply lack the resevoir of idealism necessary to foist my own shortcomings and beliefs onto others unwilling.

-TD, KBN

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion "TD", let them have it. Obviously the Gypsys or A gypsy has done somthing to Taran to cause his response. I think he has alot of courage for making a statement like he did about a group that has the reputation of "If we don't like you then you die" kind of aditude and for that he has my respect. The nobles seem to have already decided that he is guilty for it, at least from what I've been hearing. Everyone pays for thier crimes in some way, I've paid for mine, how about you?

Jarax Axenthis

Why don't reps from each side send people to parlay,(for lack of a better phrase) maybe this could all be resolved without a rope and a large oak branch.

Jarax said:
Obviously the Gypsys or A gypsy has done somthing to Taran to cause his response. I think he has alot of courage for making a statement like he did about a group that has the reputation of "If we don't like you then you die" kind of aditude and for that he has my respect.
Jarax-

The person in specific broke romani law and was fully aware that he did so. I thought of him like a brother, a loved son of my beloved sister Nina and he chose to burn the rom by openly abusing our friendship and trying to kill one of our elders instead of following the belief's of our the blood to which he swore to.

I wish he had not done this thing. I wish for a moment he had said "I'm sorry" to the very family that chose to help him when he was lost as a child. But he didn't... he abused our friendship and our love thinking that we would not respect him and by doing so- he commited himself to a lifetime without family.

Even today... he would rather throw insult and plan our death instead of believing that any of our blood has a heart that would love him. I'm sorry he doesn't know what family is, what he really meant to us, or the lonely path he has committed himself to. I would have gladly died for him as I would have died for any of my brothers.

~Balryn

To answer part by part.

"Do you really believe that "I'm innocent, so let the cards fall where they may" shite? That is as idiotic as a trial by fire. You pave your own way to the endgame, or become a cobblestone yourself."
The point I am making is that I feel he is using this time to blur things not clear things. But the longer he stays away from the law in handling this the worse it will get, I feel.

"You talk about Balryn as if his response is oh so typical, but your response seems just as reflexively cliche."
Sadly true, but he and I have danced this dream dance before. I do have to agree, for the number of people who have problems with him, I wish less of them feared speaking up, I am myself tired of the way he and I go back and forth.

"High Treason is a very serious charge, I find it suspect more information was not released. Treason is also very specific, High Treason moreso."
Actally, I was on the jury involved in hearing arguments about a related charge/person/event. There is information not released, some of which I can speak about. What I can say is, one of the crimes is High treason, and the details in his case are still being looked into.

"Any information you could garner from those who have defected from a tribe or clan is even more so suspect."
If your talking about teran, he is not a major source of information here. This is a very unrealted matter to his prior concerns.

"The burden of proof most often rests with the accused, and anyone would be hard pressed to defend themselves singly against an entire town's accusations... many of which are baseless."
Are you sure they are baseless? Have you heard all of the matter or just that part that has filtered out? I ask you to please ask the law of what they are looking into for the actual charges.

"If I were falsely accused of crimes, I would elude capture until I could prove my innocence, not turn myself in to be hanged. The evidence of your profession and personality speaks contrarily to an overly trusting mindset...
So I highly doubt you (or anyone) would consciously suppress your instinct of self-preservation in the same situation."
If I knew there were false, I would not run if I trusted the law. I would make sure that others knew what I was doing when I turned my self in however, and i would make sure that I had someone helping investagating matters. No one is going to hang him without full investigation and trial.

"Balryn has contacted many of the Romani elders, myself included
He asked for our patience... We have given it."
I am glad to hear this.

"He told little else of his tale, but I asume this is because he is a wanted man, with many who would kill him out of hand on nothing more than the word of a fellow adventurer."
Actally, it is not the word of a single person, and no one is going to kill him on sight. He is to be asked to go to the law, to answer questions.

"I can understand that, and appreciate that he even tried making contact at all... considering his situation.
He didn't leave "as soon as his ship could set sail," he has simply proven better at evading capture than his opposition has at capturing him."
Actally, It was reported that he left on his ship the morning after. It may be that he has returned, but witness noted his leaving.

"What happens (or doesn't) to Balryn as far as the Romani are concerned is none of yours. You may think you know our ways, but I assure you that you are incapable of seeing the greater Romani picture."
I dont wish to interfear in your ways, I simply wanted him to know that this was not a everyone vs the gypsy matter. Often Balryn will state that people are out to get him simply becouse he is a gypsy, and that does not seem to be the case.

I am glad to hear you reply on this matter, tho saddened that we seem to be on opposing sides. If you would like, please contact me and I will tell you what I can of the matter, as there is no secrecy intended. Better however would be to speak with the Magistrate himself as he has been investigating this matter for some time.

Balryn said:
Being held accountable for the destruction of the world is far more interesting-

From the things that I have seen and heard, it seems certain that Balryn and Mykell have done something that is very wrong, but is their crime really as terrible as folks are making it out to be? Unless I missed something, I?m pretty sure the gypsies weren?t the ones that made the sky split apart, nor did they cause all of those people to die and resurrect, nor did they make the weave around Crocevia transform into this strange new land.

Not to underplay the crimes that they actually did commit; I mean, I?m sure that they intended to rob the Earth Guild, and considering the politics that were occurring in the Guild at that time, Balryn and Mykell might have had complicated (and even partially unselfish) reasons to do that. But did they really intend to assist the Strega?

Folks, the Strega is dead.

No one else should suffer for her crimes.

I guess all that I?m asking everyone is that, when this case is made against the gypsies, please don?t blame or punish them for crimes that they didn't commit; more or less, aren?t even capable of.

With that said, I?m going to make a rather bold statement regarding what Tristan said.

most_precious_blood said:
What happens (or doesn't) to Balryn as far as the Romani are concerned is none of yours. You may think you know our ways, but I assure you that you are incapable of seeing the greater Romani picture.

But it IS our concern. THE CRIME AFFECTED ALL OF US.

If gypsies lived completely outside of Gejay society, and never interacted with us in anyway, we would not need to care about their actions. But when a person, --gypsy or otherwise-- comes into a town to live, they MUST follow the rules of the town! Otherwise what would hold the town together?
It?s not fair for anyone to live within a society, but outside the rules!

If some gypsies want use Romani law as an excuse live outside the laws of the town, and to HURT THE PEOPLE OF THE TOWN, then they should just...leave! And go make their own town! Because you either live in this town or you don't!!! It's not halfway!!!

I?m sorry if I sound angry about this, but I am. I really am. This place, or what's left of it, really means a lot to me.

most_precious_blood said:
I assure you that you are incapable of seeing the greater Romani picture.

And by the way, gypies don't even live that long! How could they ever see the big picture anymore than the rest of us? If you're looking for the big picture, try talking to some races that atually live long enough to understand it! Try talking to a Dark Elf! Or even a other Elf!

Speaking as an average member of the town who was actually at the trial (may I ask where you are/were? I've not seen you around town), it would seem to me that those currently in charge of things around here were not out for blood; they were out for justice.

And, in fact (as The Good Merchant Kauss mentioned), they even went so far as to select six townsfolk to be on a "jury" to decide the fate of Aeris (this after actually hearing arguments from both sides).

Barlyn, I'm not sure what kind of nobility you're used to seeing, but in my experience, the nobles have taken matters into their own hand, and acted however they saw fit; whether in a fit of rage or from a pit of despair, nobles are often governed by their feelings.

Not so here. Not so now.

If anything, Aeris was shown a great mercy when her charges (and subsequent sentence) were reduced. This to me does not speak of an unruly mob of nobles out to dispense indiscriminate justice.

At this trial, Barlyn, your name was brought up in regard to some very serious matters, and as far as I can tell, they simply wish to question you. If you are as innocent as you claim you are, then you should have no trouble with turning yourself in for questioning and, perhaps, trial.

I say this with as much respect as I can, but time and again you have claimed to be a noble in other lands, and I simply and humbly request that you start acting like it. I think I can safely say that if you are indeed beyond reproach, and act as a noble should act, that you will have the backing of those who hold truth and light to their highest standards, and they would to whatever possible to keep any harm from coming to you.

I've not heard your side of things, only what was said at the trial. If I were chosen to be on a jury to decide your guilt or innocense, honestly I would have to find you guilty; ah, but I have not heard all of the facts, and this is why it is important for you to come and enlighten us with the rest of the facts.

I'm not out to get you; hell, I don't even really know you aside from seeing you here and there around town, so I ask that you not take this the wrong way, but from my perspective, if you don't show up to answer these questions they have for you, then to me, you are guilty.

And I'm not making that decision based on anything but your actions (or lack thereof) in regard to this matter. I do not want to believe that you are, so I ask you as humbly as I can, to give me a reason to not believe you guilty, and do so by showing up and facing these charges. I do not look for mere words from you, but actions. One can sit all day and talk about how they will visit their neighbor, or harvest their crops, but unless they do it, it does not get done and it is all a bunch of useless hot air.

I wish you long days, and pleasant nights,

--Avaran

I understand the problems involved here, but the reality of the situation is thus-

If I was innocent of charges I will be executed based off the accusations of others even though the individuals whom are accusing me have no evidence except for the words of individuals greatly biased against myself and in part my other family members if not blood. I've seen the old town execute one of my family once for following the orders of the LaGreatman and I know that there is no sense of morality or sleep lost with several of the previous nobles. I do not need to know that previously this was a land where guilt and innocence was relative to the pursestrings of those with the most coin. It's a proverbial pink bunny courtroom.

If I am guilty I will be penalized for a "what if" of additional crimes I didn't commit. I find there are dozens of sorrowful decisions from the months of fighting the Strega. Many of the decisions that led up to the final conflict were not mine and I share no responsibility in a town that has allowed chaos, thieves and necromancers into the very orgnizations that are sworn to protect Dagliano. Because of the town's leadership and poor decisions for months- many individuals died horrific deaths. I was not one of the many individuals admitting to various acts of criminal actions the night the Strega attacked. A world of catastrophe and failure came to the town and rather than save the world- the town saved itself.

If greed and personal profit are the means by which some of the town wishes to fight the denizens of chaos and if they are to be your ally in the war, then they can realize that one person can make a difference by fighting against the very politics that were still being used as personal tools. If they are failing to realize the Dragons and the Fae have broken this land in a personal war that has allowed the realm to unweave, then they have failed to realize who caused the war and who controlled it... and then they failed in preventing it because rather than fight them they fell into a chasm of use and betrayel. They sought to earn prestige and power in the ranks of those they didn't understand and they lost a gamble... and with it a world.

I was already threatened with high treason once if my family didn't take a task upon themselves and I have no ill knowledge that my actions saved lives on the field because many of the town were unwilling to do what needed to be done, or questioned the failure of tactics throughout the evening. I fought alongside my family, including my brother Mykell as we healed and revived dozens. For the most part I followed the orders to a painful extent and tried keeping more alive than I could hope to save. Many died seconds in front of me as I cleaved things with my blade, but the lack of life on the field was not my fault or the fault of any in my family. It was the failure to make a decisive command action and carry it through, along with a failure to train a band of adventurers in working as a cohesive battlefield unit. I was not the general that evening... nor was my knowledge and experience on the battlefield listened to. If you want to blame someone, blame whoever ordered you to die without a valid plan of action.

Avaran- nobility does not mean that you adhere to law. Nobility and the law are two very different things. There were many things lacking nobility in the old land that are legal and there are many noble things that are illegal. Choosing the right things to move towards in interests of good and in interest of life is far more noble than following the law. I am not above the law nor am I above morality, I am choosing to adhere to a life far more withstanding than the laws of a single and ever changing town. In regards to where I am- no one came to get me for a trial or to ask questions, so the truth of the matter be told I was simply not aware that anyone wanted to speak with me. Unlike gaje, we rom tend to wander here and there and do not always camp in the same spot and we typically find the best locations for food and materials to make camp (which contrary to gaje belief, is not in a town). If someone wants to ask questions of me... they can obviously find me right here as I tend to sleep almost every evening. More specifically- the post clearly indicates that I am to be prosecuted for the crime, not questioned. I am also very stringent on the law vs. nobility issue, as the old town made it an incredibly painful reminder that gaje tend to overlook crimes when it is in their best interest. I was even told several times to cast necromancy if needed and that certain people would look the other way, yet this is illegal here.

The way information is garnered is oddly wonderful too...

"Actally, It was reported that he left on his ship the morning after. It may be that he has returned, but witness noted his leaving." - It is very odd that I was leaving on a ship, more importantly my ship, when in fact my ship hasn't set anchor in a Daglianan harbor for years. I have yet to disclose the location of any vessels related to my travels and you can clearly check the log books regarding vessels at this port, you won't find my signature anywhere. I have never really trusted Daglianan port authorities mostly because they like to charge high port fees, but it is better yet that someone witnessed me doing something that was simply impossible. More to the point... what type of moron parks his trading ship in a country port currently at war? Does anyone even know the definition of an unsafe harbor?

Another issue-" I simply wanted him to know that this was not a everyone vs the gypsy matter. Often Balryn will state that people are out to get him simply becouse he is a gypsy, and that does not seem to be the case."- I beg to differ. I see three Laetshi names on the list for being wanted. I know full well that arguements before and after the Strega conflicts did not earn me any personal friends, but it is very apparent that many things regarding the arguements and conflicts were motivated by racial hate. Kauss is on a jury to hear matters about the crimes, yet he has already admitted to being bias against myself in this conversation if not many others. Jury trials are a wonderful thing if the members all dislike you. There is no faith in a legal system that purposely wieghs itself to cause a suitable outcome.

Ellie- I appreciate your words of impartialness however there are many things that I wish you could understand. I would suggest you look harder into romani lore as most rom live far longer than you apparently think. I actually know of very few rom who live short lives. If you would like to know more about romani and our lore I can take you to Kerjal or let you read from my personal library of lore, I tend to keep books around from my travels and I know Kerjal is scholarly as well (and is Derek, but I believe most of his books are in other langauges you are not skilled enough to read). I'm sorry that you loved the world you lost, but I can only say I lost far more than you can really comprehend.

Anyone is welcome to ask questions of me here, in person or in private.

I suggest that with a new world that everyone does not take the same path of perpetual conflict. It grows tiring.

~Balryn

I'm not even gonna bring Gaje Law or logic into it. I'm gonna use the arguments that have been presented several times by several people who have said these things that were not in the best interest of themselves or their loved ones who remain at large. I have heard it from the lips of several of your family, Balryn, that the things that were done to the Earth guild and to the town were done because you and yours felt that the town sent you to die fruitlessly on a suicide mission and that you were used. Okay, fine. Well guess what you're little nursery rhyme in tattered pieces did to me? And my friends? And many other people that I respect and fight with? That's right, so what do you think my response should be, in the grand gypsie tradition as it has been demonstrated to me by you and your brother? Exactly. I'll go you one better at least, out of courtesy for the life spells and healing and fighting that you've done for me and those listed before. I'm not gonna just toss my hands in the air and swear off gypsies forever. I'm already doing everything in my power to continue to help those you've abandoned so they won't have to take the wrap for you as you would seemingly have them do, and believe me, some of them have tried already to take your medecine for you since they believe you're guilty of the charges against you. I'd die for Yasme without thought or remorse, or Kerjal, whom I've fought beside many times. I'd put my back up against Tristan's and let the bodies pile at our feet, our laughter mingling over the singing of the steel in our blades. But you, I don't ever want to see you again, for any reason. Run, hide, whatever. I'm done with you, and I don't want to bring more heartache and ruin to those your loss would hurt. Take your ill gotten goods and your well earned reputation and leave. And take Mykell with you. You two deserve each other.

Solomon Maxondaerth said:
I have heard it from the lips of several of your family, Balryn, that the things that were done to the Earth guild and to the town were done because you and yours felt that the town sent you to die fruitlessly on a suicide mission and that you were used.
My family? Are you saying that Mykell or Yasmay told you these things? I know Kerjal and Derek haven't been around to talk to the last few weeks... and I don't believe that Mykell would ever admit to anything like what you are talking about and I know Yasmay doesn't have such intentions in her body.

I didn't write anything and rather than really look at what happened... you would rather blame me for something that has already been admited to.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions Solomon.

~Balryn

You just love to bring this up, and hope to confuse the waters
"If I was innocent of charges I will be executed based off the accusations of others even though the individuals whom are accusing me have no evidence except for the words of individuals greatly biased against myself and in part my other family members if not blood. I've seen the old town execute one of my family once for following the orders of the LaGreatman and I know that there is no sense of morality or sleep lost with several of the previous nobles. I do not need to know that previously this was a land where guilt and innocence was relative to the pursestrings of those with the most coin. It's a proverbial pink bunny courtroom. "

He commited a crime, he had a trial, and he was defended, and lost. He was proven guilty and his punishment was lessoned and defered (with an raising of the threat of punishment). But he didnt even stick to that, and instread of getting the new punishment, he went back to the lesser charge. Mykell was killed becouse he broke the law, and then when offered the chance to make restatution, didnt follow through at all.

If your ships are not docked near by, then how come people keep speaking of coming to, and leaving from town on your ships?

The reason why there are mostly Laetshi names involved is becouse the crimes mostly involved people you convinced to go along with you. It is not becouse they are gypsys, but its becouse they were involved in the same activity. An activity that you seem to have been the ringleader of.

"Kauss is on a jury to hear matters about the crimes, yet he has already admitted to being bias against myself in this conversation if not many others."

Yes, I was on the jury, becouse I am a respected merchant here, to be exact my honesty and fairness are fairly well known.

However none of this matters, becouse all Balryn is doing here is what he doesn whenever he, or mykell, is accused of wrongdoing. He will try and cloud the waters and use his skill at storytelling to try and win people over to his side. The truth will rarely touch his argument.

Kauss said:
Mykell was killed becouse he broke the law, and then when offered the chance to make restatution, didnt follow through at all.

If your ships are not docked near by, then how come people keep speaking of coming to, and leaving from town on your ships?
Well that's pretty funny Kauss, because I paid the fine for Mykell after the individual needing payment wasn't to be found for months.

People refer to my ships? Well that's news to me considering they aren't passage ships. I don't know why that would be. I guess they could have booked passage on a ship and mistaken some merchant. But even if they did... that would mean my ship is here in port and that I wasn't gone regardless?

I can confuse the facts only as much as you would like to confuse them against me Kauss. I have no need to confuse facts. If I wanted someone dead I would simply do so myself or if I was not near them I would simply put a price on them as ample payment.

You have never treated me fairly Kauss since the first day I stepped into this area. I have no need to tone my words with you, in fact I would rather count my coins and see how many there are for the next time I hear from you. I would love to buy some services with your fine name on them.

~Balryn

Balryn said:
Well that's pretty funny Kauss, because I paid the fine for Mykell after the individual needing payment wasn't to be found for months.

People refer to my ships? Well that's news to me considering they aren't passage ships. I don't know why that would be. I guess they could have booked passage on a ship and mistaken some merchant. But even if they did... that would mean my ship is here in port and that I wasn't gone regardless?

I can confuse the facts only as much as you would like to confuse them against me Kauss. I have no need to confuse facts. If I wanted someone dead I would simply do so myself or if I was not near them I would simply put a price on them as ample payment.

You have never treated me fairly Kauss since the first day I stepped into this area. I have no need to tone my words with you, in fact I would rather count my coins and see how many there are for the next time I hear from you. I would love to buy some services with your fine name on them.

~Balryn
You made payment then. Tho you say you couldnt find taren to pay him, I and others saw him more than a few times. Actally that argument came up later as well.

I have never treated you fairly? I am sorry to say I dont see it that way. I have treated you exactly the way your actions have demanded you be treated. As to the rest of your statment, I will let the coins fall as they do and see what happends.

Back