To Our Alliance Crossroads Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossRoads

Scholar
Owner
Crossroads Staff
Friends,

Due to unfortunate economic circumstances and complications with my relocation to North Carolina which we had hoped wouldn't arise, Alliance Crossroads will be finishing its final event in New York this coming weekend and will be relocating next season to North Carolina. We apologize for the decision coming so late in the season. We held out hope of another season up north to the very last moment.

My hopes are that it will bring a new population of players to the Alliance and allow us to share this game with more people. With more forgiving weather, I am hoping to run longer seasons, so hopefully our current player base will be able to make at least a yearly trip to Crossroad's new location to help keep the spirit of the game alive and to show the new players how it's done.

As a send off for the season, we invite all players to come and play this weekend. Our level cap will be lifted for this event and the pre-registration deadline will be extended until Wednesday at noon. We want this event to be, as always, about everyone having fun together and we want to share it with everyone up here before we relocate.

Thank you, sincerely, to our players, staff, and crew for all the time, love, and energy you’ve put into our game. You made it all possible; thank you.

Tab

If i may ask do you have a general idea where abouts in NC?

Unfortunately i cant make it this weekend =( best of luck and may happy wishes for the future!

-Chris

Tab,

As a jaded, 22 year veteran of NERO, I came to your game hearing how great is was, how it held the spirit of the "good old days". What I experienced was far beyond even those expectations. It really felt like my first year again, but with the benefits of experience and the advances we have made in costuming and game design.

You surrounded yourself with an amazing staff who take customer service seriously, and truly make Crossroads a community, not just a game. My children had an amazing time at the Kids Event, and honestly, letting them know about the move may be the most difficult part of this experience (vacation may be in North Carolina next summer).

I think that everyone that knows you only wants the best for you, and if North Carolina must have you and your creativity, we all wish you the best of luck.

The Northeast is strong with games, so I guess it is only fair that other parts of the country get a chance at quality games as well. The Alliance should be proud to know that you are one introducing a new region and new players to Larping.

Hi,

It will be sad to see you guys relocate the chapter but good news at the fact that it will not be gone just moved! I wish you the best of luck tab, I miss you guys in NY. I am sorry I have not been around but keep in touch bro and good luck, maybe next year I will get the chance to come and visit

Dave Yanolatos

Crossroads has meant so much to me; it re-introduced me to the game, reminded me how cool it could be. Beyond that, you were all there for my family and I through a very difficult time. Am I sad to see you go, ? certainly. But I had a blast, and I'm already feeling how cool it's gonna be when xrossroads catskills passes into larp legend, and I get to brag about having been there.

Scott

"A new people will come. Work. Struggle. Some will make their light. But once, we were here."

Crossroads also inspired me to get back into this game, to see many old friends and make new ones. I'm sad to see it leave, but happy to know it will live on elsewhere. Plus, we'll be your new neighbors at Gettysburg; 9 hour neighbors, but that's plenty close if you guys ever need to get your fix. And oh yes, road trips will be planned.

Thank you for chasing your dream Tab, and to everyone who helped to make it happen.

Bah, won't get rid of me that easliy.. ;)

Tried hard, but can't make this weekend: sights are set for next year though.
you guys do good work.. only fair to share, right?

>hugs< to all & Good Journey

Dale

Hey,

I recently had to relocate down south for school, in Richmond Kentucky. I lost a great group of friends in the Ashbury family and I can't wait for a new family to come down here with Alliance to its name. I will be there to help as often as you need or I can do. I know how hard it is to leave NY and everyone I know for something new.

I'd be interested to know where in NC you guys will be so I can figure out feasible travel plans.

I know its not ideal circumstances, but welcome!
-Lauren Webb

The relocation will be somewhere in the environs of Asheville, about 4 hours from you.. so not that awfully far!

Hello!

I'm about to drive out from California to Charlottesville, VA for work and I've heard so many good things about the game you run that I'd love to come play! Maybe you could look closer to Greensboro? That would make it only 3+ hours away, instead of 5+ hours =D

-Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back