To those who held Fairdale with me

Gwendara

Fighter
Fellow adventurers,

First, I wish to express my regret to Amaranthus Landcharmer. I know the pain of obliteration, and I feel responsible for not being able to stop Feldherr Orlantha Reidic from taking you. This is only tempered by the fact that your spirit was strong enough to return to us, and you continued the fight.

For those who stood beside me, I wish to commend you on your bravery, integrity, and honor. We stood outnumbered and surrounded by a superior force, yet all of you stood with me to defend Fairdale to the end. We were fully prepared to make a last stand if it came to that, and you all honor me by your willingness to die beside me in her defense. You also honor me by having chosen me to lead in the absence of the nobility. I wish to formally thank you for your bravery, skill, and dedication. Some of you were not even from these lands yet you were with me until the end, willing to give your life in our defense. It is only fair and fitting that your names be lauded for these deeds. To those who can hear my dreams, these are the names of those who stood with me, a mere handful against thousands.

Amaranthus Landcharmer
Mellith of Blythedale
Mattock Ironleaf of Vandlar
Dazzle
Landiara
Kiki Sanchez
Zatarina Norik
Ren Suzume
Darkan Silverstorm
Andros Westerling
Kayden
Sryah
Warpfang

If there is anyone I neglected to mention or a name that I mispronouced please forgive me, and correct me. Again I am honored beyond words that you trusted me and respected me enough to allow me to command you in such an important engagement. I could not have asked for a better command, all of you acted with incredible bravery and foresight. Words fail me...

All of you answered the call. All of you served above and beyond what I or anyone else could have expected or asked of you. I will remember this day always. What you have done is no small task. We held a town against the full rage and fury of Feldherr Orlantha Reidic and her Lieutenant Emilio. Surrounded and outnumbered we did not lose hope. We did not merely hide and weather the storm until reinforcements came. We bloodied the nose of the greatest threat to this kingdom. Huzzah to you heroes of Fairdale, I salute you.

Honor and Duty,

-Gwendara Alanik
Seneschal of the Stormblades

I know we have different ways of doing things in life. But I would follow you to hell and back again. Well, providing it was not contrary to the council.

Zat

Gwen

I am very proud to have been there with ya and ALL of the others. After seeing how you and yours stand by each other it makes me think that Fairdale might just make a good home for me. And as far as Feldherr Orlantha Reidic and all of her forces goes I think that im ready to make your war my own as well.

Mattock lightfoot Ironleaf of the Wood Keep clan

First, I want to express my sincerest thanks to those who stood with me in Fairdale. I know my history these last few years has led many to doubt me, and to others at first glance, to think me the enemy. I have done things that many will never forgive me for, and I understand that that is the price I pay for the information on our enemy we now have.

I thank you all for your trust. I thank you all for your willingness to die by my side against an enemy that knows no mercy. I thank you all for helping me to see, with eyes not clouded by the endless haze of rage. For these things I am truly greatful.

No regret is needed over my obiteration. Given the number we faced, and the fact that Feldier Orlantha came specificaly for me, there was little that could be done. Be glad that she wasted the time and resources on me, instead of doing more overall damage to our position. Every effort she made to torment me, or play her games with us, was time she gave us to hold out for aid.

I thank you Gwendara for your aid in the month before the siege, helping me and the 4 others to raid the supply lines. You prooved yourself here, in Fairdale, as a most capable and honorable leader. I will stand with you, and all of Icenia, for as long as my blade is wanted. You did a wonderful job with a meger handful of resources.

To Zatarina Norik. I hold no comtempt to you, I swear. We do not see things the same way, and on something as important as the Stone which Speeks in Dreams, I can respect you doing what you felt you had to do. I may never understand, but I respect you doing what you had to do. Its all we can ask of anyone.

Long live Icenia. Long live the Code. Long live those who would defend them both.

Amaranthus Landcharmer

I regret that I was unable to stand with everyone to face such a vile foe.

I will have to live with this and other failures and errors in my life until each one is resolved in its own time.

I hope to return to Fairdale soon, if not to fight the Dominion, then to fight whatever foes might plague the land.

Argus Varda

Yer t'anks spahk a sense of pwide an' honuh inside of me. Izza a feewing wike noffin' I felt afore, an' it make me all da more happee to 'ave suhvived such a t'ing. When I finawee find mah way back 'ome, I make sure all dodeeja an' elduhs know of da bwave people who defended Fai-ahdahle against so manee enemy.

I hope dat I norra jus' made good comwads durin' dat, but awso some goo' fwiends. Until da next time.

-Warpfang (Tuzien'doduajja)

There is no need to thank us. We only did what had to be done to hold off the Feldherr and her empire of chaos. Perhaps we have bought Icenia time, but this war is far from over.

Amaranthus, may you keep working to free yourself from rage and hate. The best warrior is one who can see his enemy through clear eyes.

Wizard Ren Suzume

You made me proud to stand by you, and the Storm blades. The problem we faced brought the best out in everyone and I was and am happy to call everyone that stood on those lines a friend.

Gwendara,

You've proven yourself yet again against nearly impossible odds. It doesn't surprise me you were chosen to lead... in fact it seems to be what you were born for.

We're going to have to talk... a lot.

-Ezri

Ezri,

It is good to hear your voice again, if only in my dreams. Your words honor me, I only hope my actions can continue to do them justice. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Honor and Duty,

-Gwendara Alanik
Seneschal of the Stormblades

Gwendara,

Our paths have crossed only a few times, but even when you and I first met I knew you were made of stern stuff. I, and the Phalanx, salute you from our far away lands. I look forward to having my dreams fills with tales of your victories in the years to come.

Amaranthus,

Glad to hear you made it back my friend. Hopefully this war will end soon enough so we can find a way to quell the rage within you. I have found a way... I will gladly point you in the right direction when next we meet.

One Shield; Meaningless Without All Others,
Riddick Dale
of
The Phalanx

We forgot ta name some other people, Ivie and Skufer and that wizard fellow from the mages guild. With out there help we would have had a much harder time of it. Ivie followed us into battle armed only with a bag o cure lights. Skufer cleared the field of there fallen Gnolls. And The wards from the Guild leader saved us all when they came looking for there officer. I just wish i knew his name.

Thank you all
Mattock Lightfoot Ironleaf of the Wood Keep Clan

Mattock,
The "wizard fellow" you are refering to is Guildmaster Aloysius McMannus. The other two you were trying to mention are Evie and Skirfir.
Wizard Ren Suzume

Back