Totally Random Question

I know alcohol is not permitted on Alliance sites, but what is the rule regarding smoking?

I'm asking because I know a lot of people smoke, and a lot of people think it's okay to smoke in areas where non-smokers can't avoid it, such as in front of doorways, in narrow walkways, etc.

I have seen a section roped off for smokers at Six Flags, which I thought was a good idea.

I'm just wondering because the smell of smoke really bothers my sister and I. I didn't even think about it until now, but what better place to ask than the forums! :p

So, yeah. Any info on the smoking policy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

siriuslyyellow said:
I know alcohol is not permitted on Alliance sites, but what is the rule regarding smoking?

I'm asking because I know a lot of people smoke, and a lot of people think it's okay to smoke in areas where non-smokers can't avoid it, such as in front of doorways, in narrow walkways, etc.

I have seen a section roped off for smokers at Six Flags, which I thought was a good idea.

I'm just wondering because the smell of smoke really bothers my sister and I. I didn't even think about it until now, but what better place to ask than the forums! :p

So, yeah. Any info on the smoking policy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Probably depends upon the site more than anything. Most sites that Oregon/Seattle use are Boy Scout of America sites which have smoking only allowed 'off site' (basically the parking lot). While the State Park sites will usually have fire pits or a covered area which we designate as the unofficial 'smoking area'.

I can speak for the three chapters I've been to, that smokers are put wayyyyyy to the side so we're the only ones enjoying our unhealthy habit :lol:

In Crossroads, you have to go down the long magical road to the parking lot, which is a trek and a half for the smokers and an OOG area so the only reason to be there is to smoke or get something out of the car.

In HQ, it's at the top of the hill by the parking lot, also fairly out of the way and OOG.

In NJ, it's off in the parking lot, usually in your own car.

So yeah, smokers are usually put way out of the way so we don't bother anyone with it. :)

Awesome! I'm super glad to hear that. It sucks you all have to trek back and forth, but it's totally great that us non-smokers don't have to worry about dodging the fumes. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot! :D

Oh, I have another question! XP

What time do people usually get to events on Friday and leave on Sunday? Or does it differ based on chapter, weekend, etc.?

Thanks! :funny:

siriuslyyellow said:
Oh, I have another question! XP

What time do people usually get to events on Friday and leave on Sunday? Or does it differ based on chapter, weekend, etc.?

Thanks! :funny:
differs

Yep. Different from chapter to chapter.

It takes me 4 hours to get to an HQ event so I tend to show up a little late (Sometimes after 11pm Friday) and then leave as soon as I get all my stuff together and clean up wherever I was sleeping (4 to 5pm Sunday). For a NJ event, it only takes me 90 minutes to get there so it's easier on me.

My advice, show up as early as you can so you can get ready for the game with time to spare, don't worry about being late because it happens and leave whenever you're done packing and cleaning.

Thanks, all! I'll ask the people running the event. :)

Kantil said:

It takes me 4 hours to get to an HQ event so I tend to show up a little late (Sometimes after 11pm Friday) and then leave as soon as I get all my stuff together and clean up wherever I was sleeping (4 to 5pm Sunday). For a NJ event, it only takes me 90 minutes to get there so it's easier on me.

My advice, show up as early as you can so you can get ready for the game with time to spare, don't worry about being late because it happens and leave whenever you're done packing and cleaning.

I think I'm gonna show up a bit early so I can fix my boffer since it'll probably need fixing. Lol. XD

4 hours is a long drive!! :noway:

siriuslyyellow said:
Kantil said:

I think I'm gonna show up a bit early so I can fix my boffer since it'll probably need fixing. Lol. XD

Some of us go 6 to 8 pretty easily out here in the midwest. "Only" a 4 hour drive would make me play more. ;

siriuslyyellow said:
Kantil said:

I WISH my drive to HQ was only 4 hours. If traffic is perfect, I can do 5 hours, otherwise I am usually closer to 6 hours.

-MS

I used to have a four hour flight for every event I went to (4-6 per year for about 6 years)...does that count?

mikestrauss said:
siriuslyyellow said:
Kantil said:

I WISH my drive to HQ was only 4 hours. If traffic is perfect, I can do 5 hours, otherwise I am usually closer to 6 hours.

-MS

Whoa!! I guess if I had a car I might drive far to get to an event, too. I'm going to Crossroads because I can get there via train. It's not too far, either.

I also work on friday and sunday usually, so it wouldn't be possible for me to attend an event every weekend. *sigh*

Back