Trials of Knighthood at the November Gathering

meirya

Artisan
To all citizens of Acarthia and attendees of the Ducal Gatherings in particular,

On Saturday the fourteenth of November shall be two Trials as the ducal Paladins convene in New Acarthia to examine Squire Brom Farsmythe of Rivervale, who is in service to Dame Katherine Albright, and also to examine Squire Risom of Tiatar, who is in service to Her Excellency Baroness Kathryn Westing Elavir.

All are welcome to attend. There will be a time during the Trial when the floor will be opened to the voices of all Citizens of the Realm to share examples of deeds both Noble and Ignoble by each of these Squires. We the Paladins cannot see and hear all. This is an opportunity to make your voice heard about those who aspire to be among your leaders, to influence whether they shall become Knights.

Squire Farsmythe shall stand at public trial in the vicinity of Deepjug's Tavern at ten bells on the morning of Saturday the fourteenth.

Squire Risom shall stand at public trial in the vicinity of Deepjug's Tavern at eleven bells on the morning of Saturday the fourteenth.

The precise location of the Trials will be announced at Deepjug's Tavern immediately preceding the event.

If any citizen should fear repercussion or otherwise desire anonymity for their statements, they may present their statements to any within the Guard Barracks ((OOG: NPC Camp)) on Friday night. These statements will be read aloud at the trial without the names of the providing citizen.

May Squire Brom Farsmythe and Squire Risom do honor to their liege and land. May Truth bear out in the Trials of Knighthood. May the light of Chivalry shine bright and true.

By my hand on this the tenth of November in the 415th year of the Age of Chivalry,

Dame Audrianna Kettredge
Ducal Chamberlain
Order of Lucius, Third Class

Anonymity in fear of reprisal... hm...Or! if you aren't respectfully skipping this situation entirely while you're trying to go about your day like the rest of us poor bastards of "adventuring", such as one does... what with needing to make a living, you -that figurative you, that symbolic YOU, you that has something so important to say- could say what you have to say to the respective guy's face and consequently have to support your statements with facts or personally own up to your opinions!

But yanno. Wichever works.

-Vira

Last edited:
Please allow me to express my admiration for both of the squires facing their paladinic trials at court in November. Squire Brom, Squire Ri, each of you is a shining example of chivalry and gentility. It has been my honor to travel alongside of you both through your squire training in the past two years. My pride - and confidence - in each of you is boundless. Each of you bear my full support and all of my good wishes. I am positively beside myself with excitement to witness this step in your continuing journeys; I wouldn't miss it for anything!

With great hope,
Dame Katherine Albright

Back