uNclear Disarmament

DiscOH

Artisan
Can you only target items currently held in hand with a disarm spell?

If not, what else can you affect?

A platinum coin in their pocket? A gas globe in their bandolier? Shoes?

From the spell description: "This spell causes the target to drop one specific hand-held item."

So no "I summon a force to disarm the plot McGuffin that I assume you've got on your person somewhere"

That makes sense to me.

The paragraph about successful disarms vs juggling opponents (I drop my shield in response to your incant) is why I brought up the question.

Ah, gotcha. No, I think that's just meant to prevent cheesing around having to drop your stuff. Spirit of the rules and all that. Same deal with shields. Mine's got buckler style straps so when I'm feeling lazy and wearing it on my arm it's technically not in my hand. But it's pretty clearly the intent so I take the disarms.

Note, however, that you can disarm any item held in the hand, which may include a gas globe or a McGuffin.

Or, in one case, a baby. :p

I once tried to disarm a cane from an NPC in hopes he would just topple over. It didnt g as hoped.

"Disarm Bacon" has proven to be a very useful spell at breakfast.

Additionally, even if the target is illegal, it will still burn the victim's spellshield or reflect magic defense.

And it can be helpful if they are running away with your friend. "Activate disarm your victim "

"I summon a force to disarm your Ragnarok" is a line that will go down in history.

Back