v0.10 - Poll - Perception of class value

If 0.10 were to go live today....

• I currently do not play a Celestial Scholar, and I would start playing one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I currently do not play a Fighter, and I would switch a character to one.

• I currently do not play a Fighter, and I would start playing one.

• I currently do not play a Rogue, and I would start playing one.

• I currently do not play an Earth Scholar, and I would start playing one.

• Total voters

Draven

Count
Maxed out the poll choices, but this should be enough to gauge some idea of perceptions on the classes. I apologize for not being able to add Artisan.

I also did not add (I play a thing, and would stop playing a thing) because I ran outta choices, and that would feel less constructive than the options provided, anyways.

In order to properly support my team with the Cloak and Expanded Enchantment removals, and with the v0.10e unplayability of Fighters, I would need to switch from Fighter to Earth Scholar.

@Graham Wolsey, is your voting indicative that you'd play two Celestial casters? One from a switch and one fresh? That's a completely legit vote, don't get me wrong, but I just want to clarify the intent.

Im not sure which of the two i would do. I think it mostly depends on how likely the rules being scrapped in the short term are.

I currently play Earth templar would switch to celestial templar, wish there was that option but I understand you ran out of room. Cause it looks like I did not change because of the new rules, but I did.

Last edited:
I usually play what I consider the "worst" build and try to make it work.

I would probably play artisan or rogue.

I currently play Earth templar would switch to celestial templar, wish there was that option but I understand you ran out of room. Cause it looks like I did not change because of the new rules, but I did.

Gosh, those are basically the same thing. Obviously. ;)

I would continue playing Kjeld as a fighter, but only because I have trouble picturing him as anything else (scout would be a second choice, but I just don't see it with his personality). I'd be very reluctant to do so and I'm afraid it would severely limit my enjoyment of the game from a mechanical point of view and hamper my enjoyment of fighting.
That being said, under the new rules I would never create another fighter.

I would continue playing as my dual school scholar, but would likely create a scout for the new character I have been considering. Was originally going to make him pure fighter, but unless I gamed the system for resist spell/dodge as a Kyn, I couldn't stomach making a fighter.

I currently play an Artisan (Master Potions, nearly Master Alchemy); that wouldn't change in the new rules, except I'll be adding Master Traps for the sweet, sweet Trap Globes. Just not looking forward to sinking the XP into 50 ranks of Craftsman. :p

I currently play an Artisan (Master Potions, nearly Master Alchemy); that wouldn't change in the new rules, except I'll be adding Master Traps for the sweet, sweet Trap Globes. Just not looking forward to sinking the XP into 50 ranks of Craftsman. :p

Any XP into Dodges? :p

Any XP into Dodges? :p
Not planning on it, but something might happen to make it feel worthwhile to the character. He mostly stays out of danger to begin with, but I'm also a sprightly little fellow and I think he's hit his bleed/death count fewer than 10 times. Been playing him for two years and haven't hit the circle yet.

I also avoid a lot of combat, which certainly helps, but I don't have any plans to buy Dodge until after all of the above skills are bought. :)

I would continue playing Kjeld as a fighter, but only because I have trouble picturing him as anything else (scout would be a second choice, but I just don't see it with his personality). I'd be very reluctant to do so and I'm afraid it would severely limit my enjoyment of the game from a mechanical point of view and hamper my enjoyment of fighting.
That being said, under the new rules I would never create another fighter.

This is about where I'm at right now. (Plue is an Earth Adept.)

If I were to make a new character under .10 rules, it would absolutely be a C-caster. Maybe go spellsword once I have the high magic to stay alive.

I currently.play two characters.

Nikolai, my rogue, is about to be Spirit Forged into a celestial Templar in 1.3. In .10, he would be a full celestial Scholar.

My alt is an Earth Templar, which would likely stay as a Spellsword or shift to Earth Scholar under .10 due to his current shtick of swinging 5's with claws being impossibly build intensive.

I am an earth templar, though I have been many classes over my 23 years. Mostly Fighter, earth templar, but also earth scholar, celestial scholar, started as a alchemy rogue, went stabby rogue for a time.

I likely will change to celestial scholar, the value of wands is over the top. 1000ish damage for no build that is thrown and elemental. Sign me up. I do really enjoy stick jocking though so is a slight change I will make a poor choice and remain a templar. Though I would only swing 5, but my wand would do 6 damage...

I will not change my main character if 0.10 were to go live today. However, I've been blanketing a secondary character that I was considering going Fighter or Scout, because of some cool looking armor I wanted to buy. But that concept would be scrapped in favor of Celestial scholar for 0.10.

I'm currently rethinking my switch to Celestial Scholar to Celestial Spellsword. Not for any build-related reason, exactly....I just have a really awesome custom sword rep being made, and I don't think I'd use it as a C Scholar.

I wanna beat people up, y'know?

I'm currently rethinking my switch to Celestial Scholar to Celestial Spellsword. Not for any build-related reason, exactly....I just have a really awesome custom sword rep being made, and I don't think I'd use it as a C Scholar.

Sure you would, need a weapon to Spell parry...

Back