Vacuum Packages (Brand New)

TadRon

Spellsword
Hello all!

The SOMI group has this deal going on at their chapter and we have asked if we can take part in it up here in Traverse City as well. The land down south was gracious enough to let us steal their ideas so here they are! Take a look and let us know if you want any for the upcoming weekend on the 30th! They will be around for the rest of the year as well. Let me know if you have any questions about them. The only thing to note is that if you have a transform already you are not allowed to buy these packages.

We will be renaming them at some point but I want to give people time to look over them if they are new to this system :).

Attachments

• VacuumPackagesV1.3.0.pdf
    149.5 KB · Views: 71
Will these be a pre-reg (i.e .ASAP) thing, or handled at check-in.

-Joe

disagree ^

We can handle it at check in this time :).

"Upon purchasing a Vacuum Package for the weekend, your player is considered to have a transform and is bound by the rules set out in our player's guide."

Listing out what the Transforms in PvP rules are would be good. (Especially if we're doing PC governance) I have a general idea, but that's more from playing for a while, rather than having a set of rules to reference.

-Joe

"Upon purchasing a Vacuum Package for the weekend, your player is considered to have a transform and is bound by the rules set out in our player's guide."

Listing out what the Transforms in PvP rules are would be good. (Especially if we're doing PC governance) I have a general idea, but that's more from playing for a while, rather than having a set of rules to reference.

-Joe

Oof that text is terrible. Whoever wrote this should give it another once over.

I was unaware that Transforms had limitations in PVP. Could someone enlighten me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was unaware that Transforms had limitations in PVP. Could someone enlighten me?

I have heard various rules from different plot teams, from all good, to not at all. We should let Thetford give the official answer for Traverse.

-Joe

This is something I need to talk over with Cory and my plot team. Currently I would say just don't PVP in general because it leaves a bad taste in almost everybody's mouth. The only reason PVP usually comes up is when one person or group is acting like bullies or jerks to another person or group. Just don't be that bully or jerk, and don't try to exert "power" over one another. We are all here to play a game to take us out of the real world and to make friends/build a community. PVP does nothing for that.

Just like it sucks in many ways to be a rogue because you can't steal from tents etc, and we do lots of treasure at the end stuff, we are looking to make the game as a whole better for everybody. Unfortunately sometimes that means upsetting a player who likes stealing from cabins, or likes PVP but this is where we are right now for the good of the game.

As a team we will decided upon this policy and let you know as soon as we can. Sorry for the inconvenience and I as always appreciate the patience :).

Last edited:
As a personalized question, how exactly will the "getting out of game consent" work with my New incants? Because it prevents me from using Bindomancy and casting normal evocation, the only thing I could use to defend myself from another player would be commands or my sword... as a scholar...
Here's me wishing this didn't need to be a legitimate concern, but sadly, we all know how well Velnaeus is liked.

Evan

For the record, you can only have (1) transform.

Second, TC based transforms (not the vacuum packages yet) will have a transform card starting this event.

Thirdly, if you are talking about pvp and out of game consent. So if you know the fight is brewing out of game and you make arrangements (with a staff witness) to allow transforms to work, then cool. If some player jumps you, then you don't have transform powers or use of your incants.

So, in the case that another player jumps me, am I allowed to use spells normally as though I didn't have a transform?

Yes. It works the same for flaws. So for example you know Pyke is an Ice Knight and can't really take advantage of his know weakness to fire in a PvP situation. Now Pyke may decide to take double damage to fire in the name of the spirit of his transform, but isn't required to in a pvp situation.

Back