wands continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb G

Baron
paythin said:
Wands do not expire only the charges expire. You'll need to recharge your use of wands during each logistics period if you care to do so (A PC does not need a physical wand to get their charges at logistics). The date of a wands creation is for tracking and verifying that your wand was given the seal of approval to enter the game in a similar manner as having your weapons inspected and checked into the game. The 2 silver being spent at logistics is used for the cost of creating a wand.

i get the charges thing but dating the the wand tag itself makes no sense to me. the way i understood it (please correct me if I am wrong) is once per logistics period a celestial caster could pay 2 silver to create a wand of x element up to 4 wands (1 lightning wand, 1 ice wand, 1 flame wand, 1 stone wand)... total 8 silver. since these wands are similar to weapons in the sense that they can be shattered, destroyed etc... you should be able to stock pile these wand tags like weapons regardless of if you have a phsyrep for each tag. that would negate the need to "check" for a wand phys rep when giving out tags.

am I way off here?

A main reason why the physical wands need to be checked and dated is because there may be something on your wand that may be OOG dangerous so a chapter might not allow it into the game. We can have this broken up into a marshall tag and a weapon tag if it will clear up any confusion.

breaking my own rule about not replying to an Arc post.. but..

yes i think there should be some kind of clarification on that because I know although it's a good idea to check the wands for safety and to make sure they follow the rules for wands in the book, that check doesn't really relate to a C Caster buying those wand tags. I know I have like 20 wand tags so far I have paid for IG because I know I am going to have my wands shattered. The same goes for finding wands as treasure. can't check for a phys rep then either...

I don't see why logistics teams couldn't be the ones to check the wand phys reps and issue saftey tags if we have to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back