Warnings

There are vampiric trolls around the outskirts of town, I ran into them while doing some research and trying to track down my sword. They're making bottled wine, but it's not just any sort of wine. The maker's seal has a symbol of a crooked spiral on it, and the wine has a very peculiar, fruity, taste. Drinking it will not only begin the steps necessary to turn you into a vampire, it will also make you extremely susceptible to puppet-like control by an entity calling himself The Master. He claims to be the one in control of Pain Slice as well.
These trolls are VERY tough, and incredibly strong. They have mottled red skin, and will smell of the wine they drink.
If anyone has the fortune to actually capture a vampire, or subdue one, I desperately need to speak with it, and would appreciate being given the chance to do so.

Also, Kasuni and I ran into some trouble with a Fae of Winter, or Frost's First Kiss, or whatever her name was. She seemed curious as to who we worked for, who was active around town, and especially what Fae were still involving themsevles in mortal affairs. At some point later, she was attacked by something I didn't see but Kasuni did, and she was forcibly masked with a strange device, and turned into some kind of angry flame spirit. They managd to down her after she turned me into flambe, then someone brought me back to my feet. In the process of trying to get the mask off of her, which seemed to alter her personality, i suspected she would rather be dead, and cut her head off. Her head rejoined her body after a few moments, however, and she demanded to have her sword back and then left, claimng that she would return soon to 'fix' us.

Be aware, and be warned. While I am no longer chosen for the fight against The Titan, I do not intend to sit idly by while the forces of Evil overwhelm the innocent people of this land.

Jax.

Coldsnap. I believe her name was Coldsnap. The mask will make her rather obvious. If you happen to see her, please try not to kill her. If at all possible, remove the mask from her. When Jax, Johnathan Hawks, and I tried to remove the mask, the three of us were unable to do it. If you know of a stronger creature or a spell that might remove it, please, try.

If you would like more detailed information, contact me privately. There aren't many other details, but some would not be wise to explain in such an open way as a dream that may be shared with anyone.

I can be found around town.

~Kasuni

Seek me out when I return to town, both of you. My group is heavy in both elemental magic and vampire experience. It is well within our ability to subdue and keep captive a vampire, regardless of its power. I will want all information you have on this Master.
I stay out of the affairs of the fey, but this Coldsnap is not the fey of winter. I believe that fey's name is Winter. It wouldn't surprise me if they're changing their names now, but it's not likely. Destroying or otherwise subduing Winter in the Crossroads may very well prevent the seasons from changing, and it is extremely unlikely that there is anything that could reverse a fey of that strength's aspect. If I'm wrong, it is almost certainly a Fey item, and there will be little we will be able to do to remove it. Either way, I recommend finding the source of the mask before proceeding. When I return to the Crossroads, I should be able to tell if Winter has been subdued, that fey's Thread will be very apparent in the Weave this time of year.
~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi
Sorcerer of the Split Sky

I'll see if I can locate you, but I have an ugly hunch my hands will be full with trying to stay one step ahead of my pursuers. Unpleasant things seem to want me in their clutches.

Coldsnap, yes, that's what she called herself. Seemed odd, but fairly pleasant; until her change, that is.

Are you one of the gypsies that helped me look for Elayna?

obcidian;18270 said:
Seek me out when I return to town, both of you. My group is heavy in both elemental magic and vampire experience. It is well within our ability to subdue and keep captive a vampire, regardless of its power. I will want all information you have on this Master.
I stay out of the affairs of the fey, but this Coldsnap is not the fey of winter. I believe that fey's name is Winter. It wouldn't surprise me if they're changing their names now, but it's not likely. Destroying or otherwise subduing Winter in the Crossroads may very well prevent the seasons from changing, and it is extremely unlikely that there is anything that could reverse a fey of that strength's aspect. If I'm wrong, it is almost certainly a Fey item, and there will be little we will be able to do to remove it. Either way, I recommend finding the source of the mask before proceeding. When I return to the Crossroads, I should be able to tell if Winter has been subdued, that fey's Thread will be very apparent in the Weave this time of year.
~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi
Sorcerer of the Split Sky

I very much doubt that Winter is involved with this 'Coldsnap'. Cerulean, what evidence do you have that this creature was in fact Fae? There should be very few of them left in these lands after the arrangement that the Queen of Nightmares and I worked out - time and the seasons should be about it. There has been evidence that a few of these creatures are still able to manifest for short periods of time, but the Queen should be able to prevent any extended interference on this plane.

If Coldsnap is actually a Fae, I am very curious how she is able to maintain her presence here for any length of time.

-Polare

Cerulean Jax;18272 said:
Are you one of the gypsies that helped me look for Elayna?

That I am. What a short memory you have, you who are known also as Blue.
You know me, I am clothed in the colors of Fire and Lightning, destroy hollow spiders with the flick of my wrist, and bring into light the designs of the Weave with a fantastic contraption.
Slice is a friend of mine, and Elayna is important to me and mine. We will help each other.
~Kerjal

I only caught a short glimps of person who forced the mask upon her. Aye he wore black thats all I caught before he rifted out. I don't know whether or not she was actualy a Fae but I do know that she claimed to be one and she knew a fair bit about other Fae. She was also throwin very powerful elemental magic both before and after she had the mask forced upon her. Thas what I saw.

Johnathan Hawks

I have no proof at all other than what she said; it wasn't really the sort of conversation where I could ask her to give me identification or lift her skirts.
But her words indicated that she knew enough about them to be more than 'normal', if there is such a thing. That and she said she was Fae, and seemed to have a deep respect for Norigda (spelling?) , and her sister. I also got the impression from her that perhaps the Queen isn't watching as consistently as we assume she is. But all of my impressions could be wrong, of course.

Polare Lissenstine;18273 said:
I very much doubt that Winter is involved with this 'Coldsnap'. Cerulean, what evidence do you have that this creature was in fact Fae? There should be very few of them left in these lands after the arrangement that the Queen of Nightmares and I worked out - time and the seasons should be about it. There has been evidence that a few of these creatures are still able to manifest for short periods of time, but the Queen should be able to prevent any extended interference on this plane.

If Coldsnap is actually a Fae, I am very curious how she is able to maintain her presence here for any length of time.

-Polare

obcidian;18275 said:
That I am. What a short memory you have, you who are known also as Blue.
You know me, I am clothed in the colors of Fire and Lightning, destroy hollow spiders with the flick of my wrist, and bring into light the designs of the Weave with a fantastic contraption.
Slice is a friend of mine, and Elayna is important to me and mine. We will help each other.
~Kerjal

It's not a short memory I have, but a confusion of all these names. Truly, it gives one a headache trying to keep them all straight. Elayna is important to me as well; I'm hoping to find her well.

I thank you and your family for your aid, and your kind offers. I will meet with you as soon as I am able.

Having picked up the echoes of this dream, I have a few thouhts to add.

First, regarding Coldsnap. I think it is too soon and there is too little information to make any presumptions. I am too far removed from the Crossroads to communicate with Thato to ask what he knows. It might be wise to try and find an expert on the Fae, Polare, perhaps you have some contacts that might prove useful? Barring that, maybe we need to start putting our heads together, and see what we can put together if we pool our knowledge. Also, what did this mask look like? Do we have any artists in our community? Cerulean, would you be able to describe the mask to someone so we could get a visual representation of it? i think that may provide useful.

Ok, now moving away from the Fae, I'd like to touch on the issue of the vampiric trolls that seen to have been ignored. Judging from what I heard, Cerulean, am I to understand you sat and had wine with these creatures? Was 'The Master' among them at the time, or did the others only speak of him? And where around the outskirts of town was this? I am assuming these trolls weren't just wandering around when they decided to just stop and make some wine. Not to mention wine takes time, so had they set up in a cave or something similar somewhere? I think it would be wise to know so we can warn locals not to go there. And getting back to visual representations, can you make or describe one of the 'crooked spiral' symbol?

I think thats all the questions I have on the matter for now, but if I think of more I'll take a nap.

Well I'm used to having important issues ignored whenever 'I' bring them up, I'm actually surprised you noticed. However, Kasuni is right, and perhaps this is a discussion better served to have in person then over a broad missive that anyone might intercept. I already have far too many enemies at my heels, no sense in giving them more of a target.

If you wish to know, come find me in Crossroads.

Aziraphel;18285 said:
Having picked up the echoes of this dream, I have a few thouhts to add.

First, regarding Coldsnap. I think it is too soon and there is too little information to make any presumptions. I am too far removed from the Crossroads to communicate with Thato to ask what he knows. It might be wise to try and find an expert on the Fae, Polare, perhaps you have some contacts that might prove useful? Barring that, maybe we need to start putting our heads together, and see what we can put together if we pool our knowledge. Also, what did this mask look like? Do we have any artists in our community? Cerulean, would you be able to describe the mask to someone so we could get a visual representation of it? i think that may provide useful.

Ok, now moving away from the Fae, I'd like to touch on the issue of the vampiric trolls that seen to have been ignored. Judging from what I heard, Cerulean, am I to understand you sat and had wine with these creatures? Was 'The Master' among them at the time, or did the others only speak of him? And where around the outskirts of town was this? I am assuming these trolls weren't just wandering around when they decided to just stop and make some wine. Not to mention wine takes time, so had they set up in a cave or something similar somewhere? I think it would be wise to know so we can warn locals not to go there. And getting back to visual representations, can you make or describe one of the 'crooked spiral' symbol?

I think thats all the questions I have on the matter for now, but if I think of more I'll take a nap.

Cerulean Jax;18286 said:
If you wish to know, come find me in Crossroads.

I would certainly do so, but it will be a few more months before I can escape current commitments (and avoid one commitement altogether). I certainly prefer open dreaming like this because it allows not only you and I to confer, but also individuals like Polare and Kerjal whose input I respect and who have a better finger on the pulse of the Crossroads than I have. However, I do not wish you to feel at in jeopardy, so I will you decide how we should continue these discussions.

Back