Warrior Dash 2014!

Draven

Count
Hey folks! The Alliance Warriors would like to invite you to the 2014 Washington Warrior Dash at The Kelley Farm in Bonney Lake!

While I realize it's a year away, I'd like to let you all know that pre-registration for 7/19/2014 for the Washington Warrior Dash is already taking place. Also, until August 2nd, it only costs $45 to register. Here's the price breakdown:

Code:
$45* until 11:59pm** on Friday, Aug. 2, 2013

$55* until 11:59pm** on Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013

$60* until 11:59pm** on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

$65* until 11:59pm** on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

$70* until 11:59pm** on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

$75* until 11:59pm** on Wednesday, July 9, 2014

$90* until 11:59pm** on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

*Additional processing fees will be applied during the checkout process.
**Central Time.

So, here's the thing. Everyone that went to this with me had a great time, and it went to an awesome cause. Committing now means you'll save yourself some money in the long run, and it also means that you're less likely to back out. Going for the first time can be intimidating, especially if you don't currently have a major focus on exercise in your life. Prior to me doing this for the first time in 2012, that was me. I was massively encouraged by my wife, and after experiencing it for the first time, I'm hooked. This year, Emily and Dave raised a freaking bucket of cash for St. Jude's while having this adventure run with me, and we stuck together and finished together. It was awesome.

Committing now also means you have more time to get yourself physically prepared for it. The good news is that you don't need to be in military shape to do this run. I finished it at over 300 lbs and nowhere close to in-shape in 2012. But it gave me serious motivation and desire to improve my fitness.

Also, if you're someone who enjoys fundraising, you can make use of some extra facilities if you raise money for St. Jude's. The website has more information on that. Committing early also gives you more time to do so.

There's also an Oregon run in September, so you have an option if you live down south, or if you'd rather run that with other Oregon folks. Or, if you're nuts, you can run both. You psycho.

http://www.warriordash.com.You can click on Locations on the left hand side and go to whichever location you prefer to get information. Then click on Sign Up Now to register, also on the left hand side. I've started a Facebook event as well.

Thanks for reading, and for your time. You're awesome. :)

[sidelong look] If paying into Warrior Dash for the purpose of helping a cause was the motivation, wouldn't it make more sense to wait until the last minute to sign up?

[gets up, runs]

[trips on a log, gets trampled by Evan]

jpariury said:
[sidelong look] If paying into Warrior Dash for the purpose of helping a cause was the motivation, wouldn't it make more sense to wait until the last minute to sign up?

[gets up, runs]

[trips on a log, gets trampled by Evan]

:x

Now I see why some people marry doctors. Ahem.

Back