Waylay and Contact Posions - armour by 'slot' or by location

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathGwyson

Artisan
The book indicates that armour which protects the 'back of the neck' protects against waylay. Many people in our chapter have helmets that cover their entire head EXCEPT the back of the neck. This is the same 'armour slot', but doesn't specifically protect this area, but the general consensus up here is that it does work against waylay.

The forearm slot covers the elbow to tip of fingers as one 'slot'. If someone were to have sleeves or bracers without gloves, they would still get full armour points for it (more than 50% coverage). The general consensus here seems to be that they would not be protected from a contact poison.

(By 'general consensus' I mean other players, I did not specifically ask our local marshals, as I'm sure they are 'winding down' from last weekend's event and don't want them to feel like I'm pestering them with minutae.)

Since our chapter is somewhat removed from everywhere else, I'm curious to know how other chapters rule this, and/or why there seems to be a difference between these two situations, as clarity would really help the information 'sink in' on the matter.

Thank you

Re: Waylay and Contact Posions - armour by 'slot' or by loca

"Back of the Neck" used to be it's own armor location. Now, your "Head" location determines your waylay protection, see page 79 where it describes the armor types and point values.
Sleeves/Bracers without gloves is sufficient for the "Forearm" armor location.
"Contact poisons" do not technically exist within the rules anymore in the way that you generally need gloves to protect you from. The only contact poisons in the book that you'd ever see applied to something are Paste of Stickiness and Oil of Slipperiness. However, the rules for Contact Poisons are still in the book, and it's reasonably common for plot teams to introduce Contact Gels that don't exist in the book (which is perfectly valid, just don't expect to be able to harvest them). Something that actually covers your skin (gloves) are required to subvert a contact gel.
~Matt,
OR/SEA Marshal

Upvote 0
Re: Waylay and Contact Posions - armour by 'slot' or by loca

Perfect, question answered with enough specifics to appease the weirdness in the way my mind works, thank you! This thread may be locked.

I saw that back of the neck and head are now the same 'slot', the fact that 'back of the neck' used to be it's own slot clarifies why this wording is weird. (I also thought I saw a reference to 'back of the neck' as an armour location somewhere else besides the main armour rules, but I don't recall where.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back