Waylay specific weapons (2 part question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) What are the construction requirements for Waylay specific weapons? There is a point cost for a Sap on the production chart but I couldn't find anything in the weapon construction chart (p. 31) or in Weapon Guidelines (p. 31-32) of the rulebook. I had always thought that it was to be made entirely of open cell foam but couldn't find a mention of that.

2)The first parapgrah of the Waylay section (p. 55) states that a foam phys-rep of a rock may be used. The fourth paragraph states that thrown weapons may NOT be used. Since a Rock is made of open cell foam and if a Sap is made of open cell foam, why can't thrown weapons be used to Waylay when they are made of exactly the same materials? It seems like I could make two identical phys-reps, tag one as a Sap the other as a Thrown Weapon, and only be allowed to Waylay with one of them.

I believe I asked about this, at least in part, at some point, but couldn't find it in this ARC section. Many apologies if I am rehashing something that has already been explained.

---Mike E.

Telokh_Amdo said:
1) What are the construction requirements for Waylay specific weapons? There is a point cost for a Sap on the production chart but I couldn't find anything in the weapon construction chart (p. 31) or in Weapon Guidelines (p. 31-32) of the rulebook. I had always thought that it was to be made entirely of open cell foam but couldn't find a mention of that.

I can't find mention of 'only open cell foam' anymore either. I would use the Rock guidelines as the best guide to a sap (based on the applicable Waylay paragraph).

2)The first parapgrah of the Waylay section (p. 55) states that a foam phys-rep of a rock may be used. The fourth paragraph states that thrown weapons may NOT be used. Since a Rock is made of open cell foam and if a Sap is made of open cell foam, why can't thrown weapons be used to Waylay when they are made of exactly the same materials? It seems like I could make two identical phys-reps, tag one as a Sap the other as a Thrown Weapon, and only be allowed to Waylay with one of them.

Correct, two otherwise identical physreps can be tagged differently. That's why we have tags, to tell us what's what :)

Note that just like you couldn't Waylay with the thrown weapon, you couldn't throw the Sap, so it goes both ways. As to the "why no thrown weapons" you will probably get a better answer by sending a PM to someone who was around when the rule originated long ago :)

-Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back