We Are One

Fortannis speaks in many languages, but only one voice.

It speaks in the language of hope.
It speaks in the language of trust.
It speaks in the language of strength, and the language of compassion.
It is the language of the heart and the language of the spirit.

But always it is the same voice.

It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us.
And the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born.
It is the small, still voice that says We are One.
No matter the blood, no matter the skin, No matter the world, no matter the plane, We are One.
No matter the pain, no matter the darkness, No matter the loss, no matter the fear, We are One.

Here, gathered together in common cause We agree to recognize this singular truth and these universal rules:
Necromancy is an Evil that perverts the spirit and pollutes the Earth and must be combated at all time, on all fronts.
Slavery is an Evil that corrupts the mind and destroys the Spirit and must be combated at all times, on all fronts.
In the combat of these Evils we must not lose our compassion. We must keep in our hearts the idea that redemption is not only possible, but necessary.
That we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us, And each voice lost diminishes us.
Knowing this, those who refuse rehabilitation are to be put to the sword, their voices silenced forever.
Take no pleasure in the necessity of violence for these ideals.

We are the voice of the Planes, the spirit of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future.

We are One.

If these words and ideas resonate with you, please contact me in any way you can. I will be listening.

Prolon L'ar
Shaman of the Skulltaker Clan
Horned Elf of Kosmara
As Lightning Strikes the Earth

Last edited:
Well, I can see why you wanted the negotiator job. This is nothing we have not discussed, but you are a poet friend Prolon.

Dorgun of the Osprey

I hear you. We are one.

Hiwa Chulainn Steelclaw

Last edited:
Prolon,

I will gladly stand with you.

Zara Bloodrunner
Last of Her Kin​

I hear you and agree. We are One.

Sefid-in-training Rayna

Necromancy has done nothing but shame and enslave my family. I stand with you

Castlebur Fizzlbeaf
Clan Whiterock

Your words bring me comfort and strength.

Soon.

Ria Sevaria of Goshawk
Heirophan of the Deadlands

And as one we shall strike as lightning strikes the earth.

Sir Amaranthus Landcharmer

To the ends of Fortannis, my brothers and sisters, I shall stand with you. Let any who hear this know that we all stand together, united, looking toward better horizons; a beacon of hope for those who've lost theirs. Our combined light shall guide the way.

~ Lord Vryan, Knight of the Harvest

Let us not forget compassion, let us not forget forgiveness, let us not forget empathy. None who wander any land is without worth and value.

And let us remember that we do what we must only because none else can. To stand judge, jury and excecutioner, determining with absolute prejudice who shall live and die... be careful in your actions.

Hate is a self-imposed slavery, and vengence is a perversion of justice. To destroy someone only because they have destroyed someone else will only perpetuate a cycle of violence.

Be gentle when you can. Be kind when you can.

I am of little use to you, and I know close to nothing. I am here if you have want of a foolish man who would rather stay his blade than swing it.

In Service,
Tvard Sendall

Last edited:
It's a man's own mind,not his enemy or for,that lures him to evil ways.
In my short time ive been around fellow adventures.I've seen acts of great kindness and compassion. And acts of bigotry and hate. I would say it is human nature, but some of us are not human.
We must cast aside all feelings of doubt and dislike towards those that have wronged you in the past. If we are to stand together against such evils in our world than I ask you. Let go...

- Artalon Dragonflow

Me be executed by kingdom of Gaden soon for me crime of simple ask question if can use necromancy for save lives in dangerous situation. Yes, that be "aiding and supporting necromancy" and me found guilty of it for suggest use it for save lives. Before you call me "necromancer" like so many other, me no able even read, me pay fine of ten gold, me head get cut off soon, me forced join Earth Guild as Defender for one year, and me take Oath on Oath Ring against corrupt magics of necromancy (corrupt earth magic) and elemental (corrupt sky magic). Me pay me price of only idea of necromancy. There be bigger penalty for actual use and there be no mercy for advanced and repeated use of necromancy. Death and destruction be only way some learn and it need be us that teach. We be one.

-Cho Ko Nu

Last edited:
Prolon, my friend, I will do whatever I can to stand with you.

To the best of my ability, as an advocate of the Forest and a Child of Autumn who speaks on behalf of the Earth Mother herself, I believe in reeducation. As one who has traveled to the southern Gorbe Kingdoms with old friends of different cultures, I see that we are many who believe in reeducation. There is confusion and tension in the modern world, but there is also beauty and understanding to be found in this diversity. I will always try to accept and learn, and will act in faith, strengthened by the perseverance of the Forest that I see all around me, that others can accept and learn truth as well.

Mother thought the word "reeducation" strange, and told me she prefers to think in concepts of cycles of growth and renewal. She affirms my faith in the eternal strength of nature. I devote everything I am and all that I can to attempt to assist her in spreading this wisdom and faith. I believe that those who have changed their ways and see the evil of necromancy are valuable friends to assist us in this fight against it. Necromancers can and will be reformed. Or necromancers will be killed. Either way, it is not tolerated. Either way, natural cycles will be restored and will always be growing; we will see an end to this evil, and the Earth will always prevail.

Dreams with this amount of passion, conviction, and unity help bring me courage. I will do my best, friends. Forgive me if I forget the details of these voices upon my waking, but I will indeed do my best.

~Kialda Loa, Child of Autumn~

Chaos is a natural force in this world, a force without which Fortannis would cease to exist as we know it.

You can sit here and preach of your passion for our 're-education', you can threaten to wipe us from the face of Fortannis, but allow me to point out that your zealotry mirrors my own. I harness the power of Chaos through Necromancy and I do right as I see fit. I seek to better the world in my own way, with my own tools.

I join my fellow legends of 'evil' as you define it in saying that, I also, will do my best.

-Rocklin Von Drigrath

Last edited:
I have no hatred for those who use chaos magic. I have only purpose for those who would introduce the twisting of the natural world for their own ambitions.

To save a life with necromancy is to pollute it, and your own. To save a life with necromancy, you damage two, and perhaps more besides.

You have power, but lack wisdom. Ambition, but not integrity. Arrogance, but not humility.

Those who would taint the world in such a way, I invite you to meet the Legion of the Sun, and know oblivion.

-Zeth
Shaman of the Arahkounem tribe

Though I do not know you nor your voice, I know your message well.

Your words echo the resolve of many and my own.

Though I do not know you, I know your intent. I will stand with you and any other who so champions the words you echo.
To the Ending of All things.

Let us live as though the world is as it should be, to show it what it can be.
We are One.

- Squire Shin

The call of chaos is a disease of the spirit for which there is no redemption, only release through permanent death. The hope for rehabilitation, while admirable, is futile. Many have believed in this hope and seen their would be 'redeemed' fall to darkness again and again.

When you learn this truth, seek the Dawn.

Scarn Whiteleaf
Order of the Scarlet Dawn
House Nemesis

Shaman Prolon,
You spoke of redemption last summer in the Hollow, and those words still echo in my mind. I did not agree with you then, but time has passed and I've become ambivalent. My blade is stained like many others with the blood of slavers, many of them true mortals who have no second chance. Your words resonate, but tangle with anger. If you travel to the Hollow again or the Mists take me to where you travel, I would seek your further counsel on this matter.
-Nerium Hawthorne
Mystic Wood Elf displaced to Eire

Goodman Scarn,

For centuries my people suffered under the curse of Glantri. A curse the Vakkar avoided by never taking to the sea, yet it cannot be truly said that we were not tainted and debased by the potential necromancy that lay within our blood.
While our spirits have been cleansed of the curse by the blood of the enslaver, my people were shaped by the necromancy within us, and our denial of it.
Are we deserving of death? Does the accident of our birth condemn us? Or does the fact that we never accepted the power of our birthright make us noble?
I say no on all counts. The circumstances of one's birth cannot be controlled. You have no choice of the values you are raised with. Mistakes made while growing can be understood, even if not forgiven. It is what you do when you come into knowledge of who you are that matters, and the atonement for the sins of your parents can be the labor of a lifetime, and if your lifetime is shortened by this atonement, is it enough?
To condemn a mistake to permanent death is only noble if it is the choice of the one who has transgressed. If you must kill an unrepentant necromancer, do it with sorrow both for what must be done and for the waste of a life.
To murder without opportunity for the guilty to make the attempt to repair some of the damage they have done does nothing but feed the pride of the murderer. This is dishonorable, this is tragedy, this is evil.

-Dorgun of the Osprey

Back