We need heat! Donate for this Saturday

Paige

Artisan
Hello Fellow Alliance LARPERS!

We are looking for some fine people to donate fire wood for the one day on saturday. There is a nice wood stove in the back of the lodge and we like to keep it piping hot throughout the event to make sure people can warm up after fighting off bad guys out in the cold!

If you would like to help out by bringing firewood, please email info@mnalliance.com and let us know you'll be bringing it. As this is a requested item, it bears the standard "we love you extra lots" goblin reward on top of whatever time/money you put into the wood!

I feel like that dang PSA about moving firewood has been permanently burned into my brain. If you're bringing firewood, it's best to buy it from around the area. Gas stations typically have some available, though many places along the road do as well.

Your friendly neighborhood Dryad-player-for-pretend educating you about moving firewood.
-Ryan
nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

So what about freshly chopped firewood? I chop it every summer at my grandma's...

Not if it isn't local, the point is not to spread insects that kill trees, and don't think that you "know" that they aren't there, you can't tell, and it is illegal to transport.

That's kind've ridiculous. Quite frankly if I were worried the insects were in the logs, I'd be worried about the woods out at my grandma's being destroyed. -_-

Thorador says "no". That's how those insects spread. There was some ad campaign recently some kind of wood borer that said something to that effect.

On a only-slightly-related note, we have a bag of charcoal to bring with us for whatever use it may be

Do we have anyone who can help us out with this in all seriousness? If not its going to be cold tomorrow... :(

As Josh said we have a bag of charcoal, I will try to swing by and get some scrap lumber pieces we can burn but a couple of good local logs would be a great additive.

Icey said:
That's kind've ridiculous. Quite frankly if I were worried the insects were in the logs, I'd be worried about the woods out at my grandma's being destroyed. -_-

Your grandparents' woods might have the traits to resist it, but the site's might not. This is how Dutch Elm Disease absolutely slaughtered the woods around here. Not worth a risk.

Back