Weapon Donations for MAY

Flyaway Bird

Scholar
Hello you beautiful crafty folk! We are in need of a few specific weapons for NPC camp:

- Two or three good staves, even more are welcome (HIGH NEED)

- Ambidextrous shields, preferably with the backs painted/taped as well as the front

- Two (or more) spears

- Short bows

- Crossbows

- Any simple "commoner" weapons/farming implements -- woodcutting axes, rakes, hoes, long shovels, etc

- Long claws

- NPC-specific: Longsword or longaxe with flame decorations (email Samara for more information)

- As always, packets! White, orange, blue

Remember, if you wouldn't use it, neither will we. We expect PC-quality craftsmanship for all donated weapons! Please email Sean at deadlandsrules@gmail.com to let us know what you're making. Gobbies will be awarded on-site.

Last edited:
PC-quality is absolutely the keyword here. The reality of the game is that y'all are using featherlight longswords made out of kitten hugs and unicorn wishes, and it is simply unfeasible for us to attempt to keep up with you using red duct tape logs from 1996.

Basic NPC weapons don't have to be gorgeous, but going forward we would vastly, vastly prefer them to be newtech.

Y'all are the best and we want to give you the best.

Is there a link with directions for how to make the packets?
I Love sewing so I can make some :3 I know they use birdseed but I don't know the dimensions or weight that is proper.
if someone could link me or tell me I'll get on that.

Page 99 of the rule book describes it fairly well.
http://alliancelarp.com/alliancerulebook.pdf

I usually use 6 inch squares of fabric and the heavier hair-braiding rubberbands.
For birdseed, you want to look for Finch seed and make sure that it doesn't have sunflower seed shells in it. Pure millet is best if you can find it.

Are you interested in gently used items? I PCed with a rogue/kite shield that is light, made with foam and Coroplast. I might be able to replace the grip and strap to make it ambidextrous and adjustable in time for the opener. It's in good shape but it bends down at the tip. That happened the first time I used it and I kept using it for the rest of the season anyway. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's just not the right style of shield for my skills.

Also, last season I donated some lightweight claws with sword slipcovers that Sean said had rather narrow grips. I'd made them forgetting that I have tiny hands. I could bring electrical and tennis grip tape to bulk them up. I could also bring some bolts, washers, foam, and red tape to take apart and increase the pommel weight if they're too tippy (I liked them, but an NPC who was using one said "this is a really [impolite word for poor quality] sword" so if you guys want them re-weighted, I could do that) and open cell foam if you want repairs/improvements done on site.

Last edited:
I unfortunately just saw this right now. I will have things to donate at the next event.

Back