Weapon legality

Elandril

How hard is it to get a weapon 'legalized' for safety? I uber scared about showing up for my first game and having my weapon rejected...

Honestly, your first weapon will PROBABLY fail. There are two tried and true methods to get around this. First, if you have made a legitimate effort to create a legal weapon (assuming it fails), monster camp will usually lend you an equivalent weapon for the weekend. Second, contact an experienced weapon smith on these boards and request that they make a weapon for you. You can usually get one for about $20.

-MS

Another option, if you have a Rules Martial that lives nearby is to have a craft day and make your first weapon with a Martial present. It's what my wife and I did!

Follow the guide in the book. It is a very good guide. Your first weapon will likely be a brick, and still may fail, but if you follow the guide to the best of your ability, chances are it'll pass, or only need a small adjustment.

I remember someone's first weapon where it failed for no thrusting tip (that hadn't passed yet) and I took the hacksaw out of my kit, whacked about 2 inches off the end, then fixed it up with some open cell from my kit and she was ready to go.

Ya, part of my game supplies are a full repair kit, foam, tape, utility knife and a little saw in a box. I can fix about 99% of weapon problems with my little supply kit and it removes a lot of the concern about a weapon failing at an event.

Ya, part of my game supplies are a full repair kit, foam, tape, utility knife and a little saw in a box. I can fix about 99% of weapon problems with my little supply kit and it removes a lot of the concern about a weapon failing at an event.

There's always at least one of at as any given event, eh? :p

Indeed!

Back