Weapons Questions and Rep Creation

averzwyv

I checked over the Players Handbook 2.0, and could not find any information as to if thrown weapons could be used to physically block attacks. The book specifically sez that you cannot use shields, thrown weapons and something else to parry/riposte with no other weapon, but does not indicate whether a foam throwing knife could possibly intercept a weapon blow while being held in hand.

Current Work Load for D&A Productions:

Spear for Tadron - Finishing touches, once he gets back to us
Antler Bow for Raven - core done, glue is being cranky and we'z back to drawing board (estimated delivery requirement - July)
Ram's Horn Short Bow for Raven - Core done, initial shaping done, needs more goo and glue (estimated delivery requirement - July)
Katana for Keeper Repair - Autopsy indicates that the carbon fiber core shreaded at a splice joint due to excessive bending stresses (rolled over sword) replacement cores have arrived and will be installed in time for (September)

Currently accepting commisions - Max Three (3) prior to July Event
Need concept picture/photo to work from and details, we can do most anything given enough time

Current projects that need a home/owner:
-Large double bladed Axe
-Long Bow with mechanical takedown feature
-Couple of short machete type swords
-Set of Carving Knifes (Orcish)
-Heavy (coreless) Crossbow

pg. 83 - Rocks and Thrown Weapons must be soft sculpted with no core material. They can be dagger shaped, star shaped or any other shape. The longest dimension cannot exceed 18 inches and the smallest dimension must be at least 3 inches in diameter. Rocks should be round or otherwise not look like a fashioned weapon. There cannot be any stiff corners or small protrusions on these weapons. Because they can be odd sizes and shapes, they must be approved on a case-by- case basis.

These weapons can never be used as a melee weapon in a fight; they must be thrown.

Hence, no blocking with thrown weapons, as block is a melee function. There's a few guys in the ARC board posts that are trying to get a provisional playtest on this, but nothing so far.

Sent you a message.

Edit:
I didn't understand what the current projects post was. Can you send me pictures of the crossbow and bow?

Back