Wearing Latex Masks

I wear a latex mask as my spiderkin and sadly, over the years, my face has gotten more and more willing to pour water out of it's pores, which makes it rather uncomfortable.

My plan had been to start dusting the inside with cornstarch, but I figured I'd ask if anyone else has found a better solution.

Huh, interesting. Using a liquid is much more appealing to me than a powder, since my mask has lens eyes which I don't want to make all powdery.

I'm not enthused by the idea of having shelf-liner near my face, but I can't claim to have ever tried it. I'll try putting some on me to test it next time I'm in a hardware store. Some random person putting shelf-liner on their face probably won't be the weirdest thing those employees see that week.

You can get a "Dry Spray" skin sealant at a make-up shop. If you spray your face down before, it does prevent sweat, but not 100%. I'll try to dig mine out of the kit to give you the real name of it.

Yeah, just hit up your local costume shop for a bottle of barrier spray. Mehron makes it, and it's been my go-to for all makeup races forever and a day.

Was absolutely necessary back when I was wearing a Lyonshel for my Sarr.

I do the foam latex from north fur and noticed a huge difference from regular latex. I feel it's cooler, breathes better, moves more realistically, and doesn't collect moisture at all. I tried all sorts of methods with my slush latex but ended up still taking a ton of mask breaks. I just did this past weekend with maybe two-three breaks just because it was muggy. Either way, it makes playing a kin a heck of a lot easier

Back