Well done children!

Diamond_Kate

Artisan
Gettysburg Staff
Well done younger of Barran! Congratulations on your "victory" this past gather within the dreaded secret compound of House C'neaus. Congratulations should also be had for your victory over the Doctor and his vile creations.

It is a shame though that none of you were able to see the bigger picture. That each of you was too busy concerning yourselves about what you could loot and get for this trinket or that trinket instead of what really mattered. For all of your greed, you are doing a wonderful job of showing the Elder of Barran how mortals act in the face of adversity. You mortals stumble from place to place to the lure of adventure and riches; but you fumble through this world like blind kittens, knocking delicate treasures over without any regard or understanding.

It is interesting to see that the very nature of life, the multi-verse, and everything, could be written down and placed on the tavern wall. You would only read it if you thought there was gold in it for you. I can think of no other reason as to why his most royal highness, King Zartarum, would want you nowhere near his citizenry or anything of a delicate nature. Clearing out that camp was about all you were good for and it saved him men and materials for your trouble. Well done!

Unless you can begin reading the writing on the wall and getting your act together, this play will draw to a close a lot sooner than we thought possible, but then again, you will just make room for the next batch of races that will take your place. The show will go on with new players and new stories.

Until then, I personally will be looking forward to your avarice, stupidity and antics entertaining me for as long as you are able to scrape your miserable existence together. I thought you would be worthy of my interest and you certainly are

Wellorg, Anan’ta Black of Ehursag, Overlord of Hydera, Master of Discord, Lord of Strife, Dragon of the Unfathomed Deep

Wellorg - if I'm not mistaken, we've met. You had a nickname, but you mentioned this one, too.

I wasn't present for whatever event you're talking about, so I'm at a disadvantage. I know the words of a short-lived "lesser (I keep hearing this term used, so I'm going to use it, too) likely mean little. I know even more that our actions are the truest judge of our character.
Some adventurers do seek little more in their travels than to gain. That is their prerogative, whether or not you or I or anyone else agrees. I keep hearing that words used, too, and I think I get what it means so I'm going to use that one as well. I know that greed and gain are blinding things, and I know what harm they can cause.

I don't know what was damaged. I don't know what mistake was made. But I know that not all lesser or mortals or whatever you want to call us share this lean toward material gain. I will speak only for myself specifically, and for my brother Huleen and my siblings in arms in the land I'm from. Our vision may be limited by our ability to see only the present, but our eyes are keen. While others may seek gold or items of value, we will always strive to do what is best not for us, but for the land around us. Without the land, we are nothing.

I'm currently living in the tavern in Midmeadow, as the mists don't seem to want to deal with me. Please, if you find it interesting or convenient, even if you just need some entertainment from someone small, seek me out. I will give you hospitality as I am able and hope you will discuss this issue with me.

Humbly,
Squire Jovunn Rannveig
Herald, Court of Nordenn
Ram Tribe

To Squire Jovunn Rannveig, Younger of Nordenn –

We have not met. I met some of your friends at the adventurers in C’Naeus. I may be mistaken and I am sure His Overlordness will let us all know, but I don’t know that he used the word Lesser. Again…I could be wrong. I only serve the Danse, so I am not terribly powerful in the grand scheme, but I’m a little more beefy than my Younger acquaintances…I say that not to wow you, but to caution you. I don’t often call the Lord of Vile Discord to myself…it’s not the best idea on anyone’s best day, let alone when that someone is mocking people. If you weren’t involved…I’d take that as a fine excuse to lay low and keep quiet. But again…I could be mistaken. I’ve only lived a few ages…

To His Royal Badness, Wellorg, Anan’ta Black of the Ehursag and Master of Discord,

Nice speech sir…

Thanks!

Sincerely,
A Nameless Servant of the Danse, humble and really not wanting any trouble

Good sir Wellorg,

I am sure you can understand that we short lived beings are unable to see the big picture due to the fact that most pictures are larger than our life times. Please forgive our blindness.

As for the gold hunting, I try very hard to pay attention to veryyhing that happens to me while in your lands. However most of my time is taken up in the kitchen preparing food for the others. So I am left unable to answer many questions.

You are welcome to visit again during dinner time. We will give you a plate and some wine.

Eitiri Anvilstrike

Hi Dragon!

We have never met. I have lived or remember living or can see the lives of many of my kind throughout time, though these are the first days when foreign boots imprint the soil of Barran that I remember. One thing I do know from all of the children I have raised, or seen raised, or remember raising is that your comments seem to be missing the point. While some may stomp their way through Barran crushing things and scooping up coins these are mostly the foreigners. Further, I think more of us have our eyes open to the happenings of Barran than you (or if we're doing it right anybody else) might have noticed.

Work happens each and every day to further the understanding of the tragedies that have befallen Barran. Some of the Elders help guide, others do not interfere at all. Where we stand virtually united is in our belief that we can build something better than what we have endured for so long. Certainly we can build something better than the rubble left after the terrible rituals tore our world asunder. If you want to help, then give us guidance. If you want to manipulate us, then do so under the guise of help. If we are so stupid as to crush the secrets of our salvation beneath our heels than we surely would not catch on.

However, if you wish to help than tear down the pomp and circumstance. Don't speak in riddles or send us thinly veiled insults or attach unnecessary titles around Dragon. As an aside, seriously... Do you need to say more than "My name is Wellorg, I'm a F*****g Dragon?" I think at that point its pretty clear you can do what you want.

If what you want is to help, than teach us. Actually explain in a way that a younger can understand what we did wrong and how we can fix it. Maybe some are too consumed by greed to learn but if even a few of us are loyal enough to our land to want to help than it will have been enough.

Hopefully I'll meet you sometime and we can discuss things. I hope when we meet you don't eat me. 'Til then I'm going to keep dancing and hoping to find my way to a brighter Barran.

-Malrohiren

Mister... Whoever you are -

Fear is not a word or feeling my people understand. I will exercise caution, but I will not fear.

I say that not to wow you, but to caution you.

-Squire Jovunn

Elders,

Your interest and amusement are irrelevant to our destinies.

We will meet at the crossing of the paths.

May the spirits forgive us all.

- Zara Bloodrunner of the Younger.

Wellorg,

Remember that time you gave Magic Armors to that frogbeast?

That was actually kinda funny.

See ya around, buddy,

Laguna Hallik

People,
I believe we all have forgotten something, I know I did, I acted rashly and did things I should not have... The truth, of the matter the underlying truth for all of us to remember, Short lived, Long Lived, and Elder alike is this. We all do things that amuse us, for there is no other reason to do something, the "greedy" collect coin so they may spend it in the tavern later to get drunk or do something else that amuses them, the "thoughtful" look at the big picture and chuckle at those that seem to miss it, the "Stalwart" Swear by their word and continue to do so in times of crises when it would be better not to. Why do we all do the things we do? in the end amusement, it makes one feel good. I have not forgotten about stone elves, or in Barran Stone Born, but there is one thing that I have learned about them, even they have emotions, even they, do things because it is amusing, and yes that amusement might be "logical" but in the end they do these things for the same reason.
So before everyone goes shouting they know better... why do you know better?

-Kogara Shanshi

Kogara you are wise. I hunt things because I enjoy the challenge! I hope I can come hunting again in Baran sometime with you or others. I'm not to worried about super big doom gloom things. If they are going to try and eat me or my friends I will try to stop them! I'm sure the stronger one will win. But either way even if I am eaten I am sure someone will be amused in the process!

- Quyri (or Y)

Back