What did we learn?

jwconvery

Spellsword
Plant monsters are new and potentially spreading through the river.
--Weak to Alchemy
--Green spores fall off eventually on their own, not sure what that means. Spreading?
--Green spore infection cured by alchemical solvent or Antidote
--Moss swung Paralysis

Something is in the River (it ate a mushroom monster)

Bandit King made references to Sir Simon being an illegitimate Knight. (must consider the source)

Skeleton with Green Eyes in the Area

Supplies needed, kind of everywhere.

Trolls and Bandits are an issue.

Anything else?

-Gideon

Things I noted that weren't in Gideon's list and a few questions.

- The bandit presence isn't solved with the capture of their leader (Does anyone remember his name?).
- Bandit leader had murdered at least one of Knight from Dragonreach
- Many of the bandits appear to be former soldiers. Possibly with additional organization and agency they can be converted into allies instead of criminals​

- Undead seem to be prevalent in the foothills near the Bleakmount (Did Sir Simon use a different name for the mountains where Bleak was defeated?)
- Did the people who sought out information about the "Green-eyed Skeleton" learn anything specific?​

- Plant creatures
- I believe that Alchemical Antidote and Alchemical Solvent worked to remove the Plant Creature spores.
- Spores fall off, but that likely means they've spread
- Mushroom creature appeared to be controlled by the Vines
- Curses (or possibly just Curse of Weakness) were ineffective
- Vines appeared to Infect incapacitated people.​

- If people are interested in the "politics" of the area please feel to speak with me for more information.

- The area is in need of increased trade routes. Hu'ock the High Ogre (sp?) is part of a trading company in the area.

- There are a number of other "minor" issues related to the well-being of the people settling in the areas.

If there are other things people remember please share them here. If you learned something and believe that someone should know about it, but that it shouldn't be public knowledge, please contact me. I may not be the one who needs the information but I can generally point you toward someone who might be useful.

Travel safely,

Sir Mathis of the Order of the Emerald Flame
Knight to his Majesty Lycergis, King of Dragonreach

Last edited:
Did the people who sought out information about the "Green-eyed Skeleton" learn anything specific?
We did not. We killed the bear instead.

Also while I am not interested in the inner workings of the politics of the land. I am interested in a who's who type posting.
So if I meet someone from Kingdom Across the Sea, I can properly pre-judge them.

-Gideon

I am interested in a who's who type posting. So if I meet someone from Kingdom Across the Sea, I can properly pre-judge them.

I believe that continent of Kundurk is surrounded by seas but the Mists of Fortanis do not extend to other lands (though that might change, as is the way of the Mists). If someone claims to be from across the seas I'd be wary.

As far as who's who, I'm still gathering information on who lived through the war. I think you're right that having that information somewhere would be useful. I will attempt to have some additional information in the coming weeks. For now I can tell you that Fort Aegis and Sir Simon represent the Kingdom of Dragonreach and Fort Ana to the south of Springdale is held by the Nation of Foundry.

-Mathis

Collette,
Should they not be poisonous, I will gladly try the inevitable sauteed mushrooms as I'm a big fan of eating things that try to kill me, but the only mushroom we saw was eaten by a big fish.
Ardos Irani

Sorry Mathis, all we saw was some thrashing in the water and the mushroom was pulled under.

Fredrick had some of the little mushrooms come off of him in the cabin last gather.

The antidote seemed to clear that up, no new sprouts.

-Fredrick

Back