What Dreams Shall Come?

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
[A calmly collected voice of a dozen men and woman speaks below in unison]

To the furthest reaches of Fortannis,

The Dreamscape is a remarkable place; for it is as much apart of me as it is for all life. All around you there are messages of triumph, of victory, joy and happiness. At the same time, there are also dreams of despair, loneliness, and even those of death. Why must there be such painful dreams? What’s worse, those dreams of misery don’t stay in dreams, they leak out into this pure world and cause devastation to all.

Why not remove all violence in the world, why not make each nation come together under a single goal of peace and harmony? We’ve all witnessed death. I see clearly that many believe the current state of the world is beyond hope, beyond redemption. Why allow such thoughts to taint your minds, your hearts, your spirits? I didn’t truly understand why life was so important until recently. There is an emptiness, a pain, yes, pain is what it is called that lingers.

I want all sadness, terror, and destruction to turn into hope, tranquility and bliss. However, it is not something that can be done alone. It requires those of strong mind and spirit to lend their aid for a calming of a restless land. Terna is plagued by betrayal, war, corruption and fiends bent on its demise; fiends who strive to disallow the unity of life.

This land deserves to be rid of tyrants and those who seek only to harm others. My dreams are too focused to reach my own lands at this time, and I am concerned 3 years of plans for a blissful existence of Terna are in jeopardy. So I call out to you, travelers, adventurers, warriors, mages and merchants from afar strong of strength and will, to come to Terna in 2 weeks’ time and be a part of the birth of a new age. You are the catalyst to ensuring the sons, the daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers of this land live in an eternal state of peace. My thoughts must return now but I believe...

you can save these people. I believe in you. Terna believes in you.

- Kaz’ik

Of those here who could hear you..... I am sure none want you what you have to offer. There can not be one without the other. Yes It would be grand if the evil and hurt was gone........ But the truth is it is part of what makes life what it is. There is Hope. There is Light. There is Joy. But there is NO need for this that you call bliss. You just don't know how to see the light, hope and joy that exists in this world. Perhaps it is time you were shown what happens when those things are threatened, TO show you the driving force behind the balance that is Life. And yes Terna can be saved...... But NOT by the likes of You.

To Those who hear this creature's speech..... Know this, the thing he offers, it will not bring true Peace. It will only bring greater pain later. Stand strong friends and may the best of days be upon you in all matters that you must attend to.

-Taliss

Back