What Moonlight Reveals

DiscOH

Artisan
It might seem strange for a simple merchant to enter a wildland unarmed and unprepared for the dangers of darkness, but I've always been blessed with sharp ears and sharper eyes. I've been content to armor myself in only acumen all these years and build bridges over any turbulent rivers I'm forced to cross.

Multiple times these last few days, the crackling footsteps and wandering lights of those sent to protect me actually did more to feed my fears than to dissuade them. But beyond that dissonance lays a valuable truth.

There are a hundred ways to solve a problem, this we all know, but few of us take the time to consider what this really means. We look at others and see only our skills that they lack. We see only a bumbling fool to be coddled and pitied. "Forgive them, they are young", we explain to those we trust.

The deeper truth is that we all hold boundless vaults of hoarded secrets. Each volume more valuable than any gem, given freely to those humble enough to ask.

To those that broke bread and taught me their lessons, I can never repay you. But I do thank you.

-A humble merchant

Last edited:
Back