What race/class can dual-wield?

Dangles

When I finally get around to creating my PC after NPCing for a bit, I would like a PC that can dual-wield (is that Flourentine?). So I figured I'd ask now....

Thanks.

As far as I know every race can do it. And every class is roughly the same, (10 build) except for fighters who get it for only 6bp and scholars for whom it costs 12.

You would need the applicable weapon skill (One Handed Edge and/or One Handed Blunt and/or Weapon Master, etc) as well as Florentine (Up to Spear or Long Sword + Dagger) and Two Weapon (Up to Spear or Long Sword + Short Sword). Unless I completely missed something, there aren't any classes or races that are disallowed from using two weapons at the same time with the proper build expenditure.

how long does it usually take to acquire those skills? sorry, but I'm wicked new and don't quite get all the jargon yet.

If all you were shooting for was to wield two swords, you could do that on day one as a fighter, scout or rogue. At your second event, you could do that no matter what the class if my information is correct - maybe not scholar but definitely all the others.

You start with 15 build some chapters will give you a bump for a good background and stuff but thats a chapter to chapter thing.

Build is used to buy all the skills so as a fighter it woudl cost 6 of you starting build to be able to dula wield (4 if you just wanted to wield like a dagger in the offhand) then you need a weapon skill. One handed edged to use a sword costs fighters 5 so thats 11 points to be able to use a longsword in one hand and a short in the other leavign 4 points on a new character to get another skill or two.

That would be the rogue. they get various back attacks that up damage when you attack form behind as well as alchemy for cheaper.

Any class can be an assassin.

That (in my opinion) is more in the RP than the skills.

This is quite true though for the clasic poisoner sneak attacker archetype rogue woudl be the most point efficient way to go.

Angrydurf said:
This is quite true though for the clasic poisoner sneak attacker archetype rogue woudl be the most point efficient way to go.

Yeah see here's the thing. I'm not very big, nor very tall. So I want to be able to roll light and almost use guerilla warfare tactics, hit and run you know, when fighting. I figured that would be an Assassin since in Warhammer Online (the only MMO I have ever really played), Assassin classes are very squishy yet they do very high damage -- basically they run into the back line and try to take out the healers as quickly as possible before they can get crushed by a tank or other melee dps class. So am I describing the Rogue correctly?

Yeah. Rogue is probably the easiest option for that... though a fighter would do just as well... or either of the casting combo classes, really.

That's more of a playing style than a class. You could very easily play a celestial scholar (damage/binding/protectives mage) and do that same sort of thing, you just run up behind em, pop a couple spells in em, then run if they turn on you. Rogue would work very well because you do a lot of damage when behind someone and you have evasion skills that go along with it to avoid damaging attacks (they're outlined in the rulebook) plus you can do archery and the same skill that makes you do tons of damage from behind allows you to do moderate damage with ranged weapons from any angle, not just behind people. Add in throwable poison attacks and rogue is very effective as a flank slashing attacker.

I'm just going to make a shameless plug here for my favorite class in the game... ;)

If your at all willing to take up some magic in addition to damage dealing, honestly one of the most cool combination spell caster damage dealing classes is an Adept with celestial magic as their primary type.

For offense you can play the sneaking game, come up behind people and either try to waylay them or lay in a few deadly slashes from behind before they turn around. Then if you don't really want to high tail it yet you can quickly sheath your sword and blast em with the damage celestial spells. Or if your not quite done stabbing them hit em with a few binding spells and run around to stab them a few more times before the most likely rip out. And just for a little bit of extra fun you can go into ranged damage through throwing weapons or archery to do some decent DPS from the front at a distance. Not to mention that when you fill out your 4 column of spells you can get decent wand damage to chuck as well.

Now on the defensive side you've also got access to the best defense skills in the game IMO. Once you get a moderate number of backstabs you can buy a couple Dodge's and a handful of Evades. On top of that you can memorize Magic Armor and Spell Shield spells which you can self cast defensively to protect yourself both from weapon and spell damage. So when you do decide its time to get out of there you should be able to keep yourself together while your doing it. And I can't fail to mention that when you get to your powerful spells you get the access to the best spell in the game, Prison. Using it defensively you can protect yourself completely until your enemy turns around again, lower the spell and keep slashing them from behind.

Of course, on the downside as a hybrid class it will take some serious time and investment before you're able to use all of these skills together. Even at 17th level an Adept is just barely coming into its own. But I haven't even mentioned the fact that you can also even pick up Alchemy if you like poisons and add one more thing to your arsenal. Basically the Adept is probably the closest Alliance class that is a "jack of all trades". If you want to be able to cast, slash things from behind, shoot things from the front and generally be deadly, fast and multi skilled they are the way to go. :D I'm supper excited that with the rules change and Forge I'm going to be able to take advantage of this myself...

And all of this to say, that here is just yet another solid option to consider for a deadly hit and run striker type of character. ;)

jpariury said:
Totally not being snarky, but I'd recommend buying a rulebook, available as a bound hardcopy, or cheaper as an online download!

Ya, I'm planning on doing that too. thanks.

Angrydurf said:
You start with 15 build some chapters will give you a bump for a good background and stuff but thats a chapter to chapter thing.

Do what now? :|

Toddo said:
Angrydurf said:

I belive the specific mechanic would be awarding a blankets worth of gobbies for a quality background that gives plot stuff to work with. It's not a big bump but I've seen people given it in the past at some chapters.

Angrydurf said:
Toddo said:
Angrydurf said:

I belive the specific mechanic would be awarding a blankets worth of gobbies for a quality background that gives plot stuff to work with. It's not a big bump but I've seen people given it in the past at some chapters.

Ah, that's perfectly reasonable. :)

Back