What's gonna try to kill me?

DracoIam

Spellsword
I have been traveling a bit and I learn that different places have different things that wanna kill me.

At home, in Gaden, we have Corrupt. Wayside had had Vampire issues, the Grate gather had Rocksawsha.

What's gonna try to end my life when I travel here? Any thing I should know to defend myself and protect others?

Gorka don't want friends and me to die. Knowledge keep Gorka Alive.

- Gorka

Gorka,

Although I wont be at the upcoming gathering I can give you some warning from previous gatherings. Various planer aligned lizards are eating magic, mainly wards/circles but they will eat your items if you give them a chance. Don't throw magic at them, it will just make you sad. Elemental seems to work well. We recently got rid of our 'vine-infested' issue so hopefully that is taken care of. There is the ever present issue of the Brood Queen, I believe destroying her is on the agenda. I would imagine that will be a tough fight, bring potions/scrolls etc. The Dragon poker cirlce always needs more gold to keep it active, so bring a lot of that. Undead seems to attack at the most inconvient times. So if you think you are done for the night and just walking back to sleep, expect to get jumped with Drain.

There is a new Dark-Elf house that has/is taking over the nation-building/law enforcement in the area. They seem to have contracts that need to be completed. I would try to contact them if you are looking for mercenary work.

Travel safe,

-Idris

what color are the magic eating lizards?
We get salamanders quite regularly at Hope's Reach, they breath fire and tend to be early risers.

Why is this brood Queen a Queen? what is she Queen of? What color is she? Does she have pretty dresses? if I help can I maybe have one of them, nothing magical I just need a fancy dress for a feast later. What's her Brood made up of or do you mean that she's just pouts?

I have a friend Dark Elf, he teach me and help me know what to hit some times. I Bring Him along. Its good to meet more of one's people... Any High Orcs coming to market day?

Thank you so much for the knowledge it raises more fun questions. Gorka Will work hard to be helpful.

- Gorka

jwconvery said:
There is a new Dark-Elf house that has/is taking over the nation-building/law enforcement in the area. They seem to have contracts that need to be completed. I would try to contact them if you are looking for mercenary work.
-Idris

Interesting, tell me Idris, do you have a name that I can contact?
- D'rezz

See I told you I had a Dark Elf Friend. Gorka has lots of Friends. I like Friends.

I have a Friend Kendra who hits things dead, She likes getting earth blades to kill undead with. Last market day she was splitting the undead of the forsaken in half and dried blood was flinging everywhere, I don't think I've seen a more happy Kendra.

I have a Dwarf friend too who may travel with and he very good blacksmith, he made me pretty sword and dagger last market day and he made a sword silvered for me too. hes a good Dwarf good to his friends.

I am excited to meet new and old friends.

- Gorka

DracoIam said:
what color are the magic eating lizards?
We get salamanders quite regularly at Hope's Reach, they breath fire and tend to be early risers.

Why is this brood Queen a Queen? what is she Queen of? What color is she? Does she have pretty dresses? if I help can I maybe have one of them, nothing magical I just need a fancy dress for a feast later. What's her Brood made up of or do you mean that she's just pouts?

The lizards range in color, depending on their planar origin. Blue, green, black etc.

The Brood Queen is not a human, or humanoid. He/She/It is, as I understand, an abomination who controls his/her/its 'brood' through a hive mind similar to a colony of bees. The brood paralyzes it's victims then infests their cocooned bodies with their young. After enough time, the young burst forth from their, now dead, hosts. If you plan to join the fight to slay her, keep your friends close for the brood can paralyze with a touch of their claws. I have also heard stories that the acid in their blood can destroy weapons, bring extra's. You say you have a blacksmith with you? Good his services will most likely be needed.

D'rezz: The master at arms of the Dark Elf house is Ches'Dril. I may be mis-spelling that, I have only heard it. His brother, whose name escapes me at the moment, is the house Mage. He has also visited town. Although I cannot remember their House name, both can be trusted. I would assume they, or their representative will make an appearance early in the gathering, to recruit the town's aid. Ask around once you arrive and I am sure you can make contact with them. Their is a lot of work to be done, so I'm sure they will be easy to find, when they want to be.

The woods around our outpost are also filled with opportunities for adventure. Whether you are looking for gold or information a walk in the woods might bring both. (Bring your friends though, not everything wants to just talk to you)

I am sorry I will miss this gathering. It seems to be a popular one.

-Idris

Oh yeah, and BlackClaw. I can't believe I forgot him.

He is a very powerful, lycanthrope Barbarian. If you meet him, be polite and don't attack him unless you planned for a fight. He will use chaos, and is very strong. Speak to Sloane, a member of the Order of the Emerald Flame, if you would like more information. I have never been attacked by him, but I have never done anything to provoke him. Sloane has had the experience of both, and I think she would welcome any help that is offered.

-Idris

Idris you are a very helpful ma-... person, hrm, the dreaming makes it hard to know someone's background. but it is good to force people to judge by one's words and not skin or gender. I will miss not being able to meet you but you still be Gorka friend. if there is any message or task I can do for you since I will be in town please let me know.

The knowlage you have given me and my friends will save our lives, and your kin's resources.

- Gorka

To Gorka and her adventurous friends,

I apologize for not having the time respond to you sooner, I fear my spare moments are few in number. I will be visiting the gathering early on the first evening to talk to several towns members and deliver some contracts which you are more then welcome to take part in. My brother Poxanarian Ra'Veale may also be venturing to town sometime this gathering.

My house newly presides over these lands in the name of Voth the king. We have just recently made a place for us to stay near the town, and have human aids to convey messages during the day. Of the one gathering we have been established, we have not had many travelers from other lands. Our house shall accommodate and have a visitor's guide letter written based on our recent scouting endeavors.

I hope to see you and your friends make it here safe and sound.

Chessdrill Ra'Veale
House Weapons Master
Appointed Representative of King Voth

DracoIam said:
Idris you are a very helpful ma-... person, hrm, the dreaming makes it hard to know someone's background. but it is good to force people to judge by one's words and not skin or gender. I will miss not being able to meet you but you still be Gorka friend. if there is any message or task I can do for you since I will be in town please let me know.

Happy to help Gorka. We met in Vandlar, however we did not talk much to each other. It was a very busy time.

I actually do have a message. When you see Lord Tadron, let him know I would like to join the gathering in Valdanis in the last month of the year. However, I seem to have misplaced all of my gold, and will not be able to earn more before the tournament. Perhaps he would be able to loan me some to gamble with? He knows how to contact me back.

My thanks,
--Idris

Gorka, if you need some more friends let me know. Can bring a group of people to back you up.

Don Ket Draken

Draken, You bring more Friends to be friends with Goka? ya! Gorka make more new friends, I can paint group portrait of new helpful friends. We good friends now. hrm... Gorka hungry... Gorka wake up now.

- Gorka

Tank said:
My house newly presides over these lands in the name of Voth the king. We have just recently made a place for us to stay near the town, and have human aids to convey messages during the day. Of the one gathering we have been established, we have not had many travelers from other lands. Our house shall accommodate and have a visitor's guide letter written based on our recent scouting endeavors.
Chessdrill Ra'Veale

Honorable Chessdrill,
I would indeed like to meet with you if your time allows it.
- D'rezz

Gorka,
Are you coming to our lands soon?
Do you remember the song I was teaching you? If you do you can still get the gold I promised you.
-Naomi

I was practicing but then the words started getting mixed up and could you please remind me of the correct ones and I will practice hard. My friend Kendra, a barbarian, will help me practice, she's coming with me too.

- Gorka

Why shouldn't my goose,
sing as well as thy goose?
When I paid for my goose,
twice as much as thou.
-Naomi

Back