What's in YOUR Bag, Pack, Kit, pouch or purse!

Itaeo

Hello Alliance players,
I'm Brand new to this game and I'd really like to know- what you all carry with you, in your IN GAME bags?
what props, tools, odds and ends do you carry?
Also what type of bag you carry all your stuff in?
I'm just curious- but also trying to get inspiration for creating my own IN GAME kit.
Thanks!
(Pictures are more then welcome too- if you have them!)

Shaking out my bag, I've got :
A small folding knife
a whetstone for the same
a pair of long, fine pliers
several firestarters
a couple candle stubs
some coin
a tavern game
a couple noisemakers
a few yards of cordage
a few yards of string
and some dried cranberries

My day to day kit generally adds a number of curative potions, a canteen on the belt opposite to balance the weight of the pouch and my bolt case, a couple liquid light reps, a small notebook, and a stub pencil. If I'm going to be at a site where it's allowed, I'll add a sewing machine bobbin full of fishing line and a cardboard with a couple hooks to the mess in case I get one of those afternoons where the best thing you can do is go fish.

I carry too much stuff, really, but it's all been useful at one time or another.

As far as pouches go, I prefer these. In black, they're pretty nondescript, pass the 10' test for being in-period. and hold up well.

well for me, I have a pretty eclectic kit and I would try to tailor yours to your character, nut the most vital piece of any kit is a small notebook and quill. I have a horrible memory, but who can really remember 1 conversation with an npc after weeks or sometimes MONTHS of working without a game? some of the other stuff I carry around include a rifle bandoleer filed with potions, a pair of steel handcuffs, a pickaxe, and the occasional snack. Picking specific character things for my kit (ie. pickaxe and handcuffs) really made me feel like my character as a whole became more of a person than a costume.
Picture below, I'm the idiot in the armor
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFMXym_FB9k/

~20 pages worth of philosophy notes. Might be more. Its a character quirk.
Paper to write notes on.
Feather pen. I attached an ink cartridge from a good pen to a feather, it stays in a tube.
Clan necklace from a Freemen (Barbarian) friend.
Rope.
Light physrep.
Empty vials.
Shiny things for goblins.
Squire Tokens (also IG thing)
"Candle and Matches" (its just an electric candle, which I need to replace. Essentially for lighting trolls/other stuff on fire.). I kinda want a flask of burnable liquid (alcohol, whatever) for this reason.

Really its PC quirk things, stuff to write notes with, and useful IG things. Light rep, Empty vials, Rope, and shiny things for goblins comes in handy a LOT. If I couldn't shout so loud IRL, Id take a whistle with me.

Coin/loot/MIs stays in another pouch. Potions are all on racks on my belt and my arm under my bracer.

If I was a rogue, this would change...so drastically. Pieces of wire, every useful theif tool, lockpicks, twine, whatever is similar to a slimjim, on and on and on.

I have:
-Paper and pencil (I'm a messenger)
-Tankard (A man needs to drink)
-Cards and dice (for the slow times)
-Potion vials
-Light rep
-Stuff for legerdemain
-A black scarf (perfect for night time recon or tying someone up)
-Rule book (I'm still a newbie)
-Gas globes
-Character sheet

Eh. As a rogue, I quit carrying all those tools years ago. The only ones I ever really use are the knife and the pliers anyway, on the very, very rare occasion traps exist that I didn't set in the first place. ;) For the most part, the best option is to grab the nearest guy in rendered armor and tell him to kick whatever it is and pour a cure light down his throat if you need to after.

Plus, I don't like crossing state lines with what amounts to a burglary kit. It would make the police ask unkind questions if I got pulled over.

Plus, I don't like crossing state lines with what amounts to a burglary kit. It would make the police ask unkind questions if I got pulled over.

If the police have already pulled you over, and initiated a search of all your belongings down to the level of your LARP character's pouch, you've probably got larger issues at hand than providing the explanation of what the thieves tool were for! ;)

Organizationally, I keep 1 pouch strictly for OOG items: character card, Chapstick, travel pack of Kleenex.

Everything IG goes in the other pouches, for easier organization during game play.

Trace

Thankfully, up here in Alberta, we don't use full on locks, as owning a lockpicking kit is illegal (unless you are in the trade). So my 'kit' is a pair of tweezers, an allen key, multi head screwdriver, magnifying glass, mini scissors and...I think that's it.

I prefer it that way anyway. Ledgerdemain is one of the few skills that isn't 'be all you can't be', and is iconic to one of our classes. Using other means to simulate lockpicking makes it much more accessible, and likely to actually be included in the game rather than being a build sink that comes in handy once every few years.

I prefer it that way anyway. Ledgerdemain is one of the few skills that isn't 'be all you can't be', and is iconic to one of our classes. Using other means to simulate lockpicking makes it much more accessible, and likely to actually be included in the game rather than being a build sink that comes in handy once every few years.

As do I. If I actually had to pick a real life lock? I likely would have skipped ledgerdemain.

I wear a utilikilt with good cargo pockets so potions items tags and character card are taken care of nicely... I don't need much and less chance of losing stuff to either theft or by accident

notebook and pen,
potion vial clip box.
it also holds my magic items
and a rit scroll w comps for the ct game i could need at any time.

Going around the various pouches on my belt and excluding standard combat items (packets, potions, scrolls, character sheet), I have:

- Quill/pen
- Spellbook that can double as a notebook
- Coin purse for small change (larger savings kept elsewhere)
- Flat clip purse for extra tags
- Hand mirror and eyeliner
- Collected papers and notes
- A bunch of superstitious items (lucky coins, trinkets with personal meaning, etc)
- A few empty potion vials
- Chapstick
- Folding fan
- Sun spectacles
- Tankard on a belt clip
- Circle rep on a belt clip, doubles as fancy rope
- Small knife
- Favours and house colours from the various teams my PC aligns with (the list is long)
- Occasional snacks or flavour packets for water

Amory keeps three bags to help with organization.

Purse:
*1 Cure Light Wounds potion/elixir
*Small money pouch with spending coin
*Loot from any adventures she was a part of to share with the others

Bag 1:
*A small bag with jerky and dried fruit {because it helps negotiations}
*Mana packets
*Potion pouch with an assortment of cures, purifies, and antidotes
*Writing utensil and small notebook
*Spirit {character card, arrow tags, armor tag, etc.}

Bag 2:
*Arrow packets
*Small obsidian cutting knife {phys. rep. It's latex}
*1-2 yards of twine
*Bamboo eating utensils

Scarlet's Bag(s) are ever changing and numerous lol, his newest addition is a wooden merchant chest that's on leather straps as to make it easily carried. (I'll try and remember to post a picture when I am at home) in it he keeps:

- A leather folder (in which he has his entire stock of weapons and alchemy)
- About 15-20 potion vials with various potions and elixirs.
- a quill and paper to track his sales and purchases for the day.
- a small amount of coin so he can make change if needed.
- plastic card sleeves + elastics (For people to attach tags to their weapons)

Next he has a small leather purse which contains:

- A blacksmithing hammer (for refitting armour)
- Mana packets to activate MI
- Magic items that can't be worn and their tags.
- A leatherbound notebook
- a dry erase marker
- laminated stock and pricing cards

On his belt he has two quivers that when not in combat he occasionally keeps snacks in.

then lastly he has a bag that straps to his leg that houses:

- His spirit
- Current Armour tag
- Emergency potions
- a small throwing knife

My rogue shoulder bag consists of:
set of lockpicks
50 feet of thin rope and single hook grappling hook
liquid light exlir and light source
mirror
set of tweasers, needle nose pliers, scissors, long, thin files, jeweler screwdriversand a long thin craft knife
ball of twine
golfball size piece of clay
Throwing knife
Granola bar (thievin' works up a hunger).

Daygar carries a leather satchel with one big bag and several pouches built in (its super cool and i got it for 10 bucks!!) in the large pocket he keeps magic packets and occasionally loot during mods. first pocket up would be all the cure potions second would be misc potions. first pocket on the right side is coin and magic items, back pocket is my spirit and armor tags. i also carry a burlap bag on my waist to keep treasure and food. I have a plastic canteen that is flat until filled that i keep in soft leather to act as a period canteen. I also have a black scarf used for tying or keeping me warm in Gettysburg's "spring" events. My ogre will be more streamlined with separate pockets on waist and stuff on his shield.

I carry a lot of junk!

-small neck knife... generally just used to cut cordage or to whittle, or handy to clip stray garment threads.

-belt pouch is a "dagger pouch", but the small single edged blade in it needs a lot of work. It's really more decorative at this point until I acquire a grinding surface to put a proper edge on it to turn it into a useful camp tool (period camping is half the fun of this game!)

In that pouch are a couple potions, liquid light phys rep, gas globes, a pocket watch, and aura. It's kinda cramped... and really disorganized.

-the Saddleback satchel is my EDC bag, and mostly remains as such, since my costumed pants don't have pockets. I remove my tablet, and add in a hip flask, my spell book, a notebook, recipe book, and a quill pen. Anything else in there is OOG (multitool or first aid kit or whatever). I do keep my character stats in the back outside pocket, and a white headband in one of the side pockets, which is handy. There's also a small pouch of miscellaneous junk coin there to pay for tavern drinks or whatever.

-drawstring shoulder bag: wooden bowl, wooden or pewter mug, cast iron vittles kit, cordage, fire starting kit, magnifying lens, and jerky. If I get Legerdemain lock picks probably go in here.

Looking to upgrade next year to a proper backpack that I'm in the process of constructing. Once I have that, I'll also potentially have a blanket and period rain gear with me, and additionally the belt pouch will probably have less in it.

Lastly, I need to get a proper potion pouch soon. The logistics of accessing potions in a hurry are going to get... tricky.

I found carrying a backpack didn't work to well for me, but then I tend to fall pretty hard, so your mileage may vary. :)

I don't intend on fighting in a backpack, or the shoulder bag I have, for that matter. It's a fairly simple matter to shrug it off in a hurry. And there are no tagged items in it for a steal-active NPC to run off with.

Back