White Scarf

Unsure

Artisan
The seatle event was fun but it was cold and I was thinking of having a white scarf that I could wrap around my head and neck to keep me warm. Would this be OK considering the white headband rule?

B~>

Neck totally okay, Head would be really iffy. especially if it is not part of your constant costume.

Gold would be better, and it still matches your costume

I was thinking of white with gold trim but I thought I would ask before I made a dicision either way.

B~>

I'd say if you ever get more than three "Dude, are you IG or OOG?" questions within two events, then you should probably ditch it, and be sure if you are approaching a group of players OOG (PC or NPC) at night and one of em looks your way make sure to let em know you are in fact OOG.

What if it was dark and the hood was a light yellow, light blue, or grey? In the dark you won't notice much of a difference in color and any "light color" could be confused for white. Seems to me that useing a white head covering rule is needless and could be substituted with say a reflective saftey orange color. Something that most people would never consider a color to use for a costume and is easily noticed in the dark or in the daylight. Or we could use a simple hand above the head to signify OOG status. Most people do that anyway why not just get rid of white head band? I know not the place to suggest but the rule is so limiting to alot of costume ideas. K rant over thanks for reading ;)

BTW the rule book says a white headband and not hat, hood or bandana. Most people will notice the difference in the dark or not.

Back