Winter Feast 2009

Hello, Everyone!
Sir Wynn and Thrace Geffrin (Ben and Stephanie) are hosting a Winter Feast again this year, and hope that many of you would like to come and role-play with us. As ever, there will be feasting, entertainment, contests and prizes, traditional dancing, fun and folly--and this year, we believe there will also be live music!
We have changed the location to make travel easier for those who live south of Franconia Notch--Now we will be meeting near the Claremont, NH site at a VFW hall. Mark Simino has been incredibly helpful in securing a location--and I think he'd prolly write better directions than I would. Either way, directions will be posted soon.
Along with the change of location, we have changed the date--This year, the Feast will be on Saturday, February 7, 2009. Bring along your loved one(s): Valentines' is only a week after, and we try to make the feasts as child- and family-friendly as possible. Even LARP-shy loved ones can come and try out role-playing.
Some feast-goods will be provided, but we are planning this event to be mainly "pot-luck," so please bring along some food to share. I know that there are great cooks out there...
I have heard that Deadlands has graciously offered to make the Feast count (almost entirely) as in-game this time! I understand that means gobbies for your door-fee and for what you bring to share. Oh, yeah--door fee--to help with the cost of the hall-and-all, we are asking everyone to bring $10 each for a door fee (children and infants are gratis).
Questions and RSVP's and what-all can go to Ben (Sir Wynn)'s email at: benjuan@localnet.com

hmmm.... I think that's everything Ben asked me to say... Whatever I've missed, I hope can be posted later.
Thank you all for your time, and
See You At The Feast!
Stephanie (Thrace Geffrin)

that is the weekend that im going to be in florida, on vacation
but if ocean (tim) is going i will send some food.

This looks cool, it actually falls on one of my breaks and gobies are always awesome. ^_^ Although that's a big maybe because I might not be back for this break...

if mike gets a different job in the next 6 weeks that allows for weekends off we will be there...otherwise prolly not. but let's hope that ben's faith in the situation is catchy and i'll keep hopin' for weekends off for my shmoo

A few things about the feast.

1) The feast will be taking place in the mists. What does this mean to you? Come in character. You can bring IG weapon reps if you would like, but NO IG SKILLS CAN BE USED. NO COMBAT IS PERMITTED. This is essentially a role playing experience more akin to a live action write up than an actual event. This also means you don't have to bring spirit linked and locked items if you don't want to. Said items, if not present, are merely floating around in the mists. This also means that IG curses will not be in effect. For example: If your character is human he or she will be able to taste food. Yay!

2) Steph is correct about the gobbies. If you are coming, please donate approximately $10 dollars for the food and hall rental fee. Anyone who does so will be awarded 50 gobbies.

3) No xp will be awarded for attendance.

I hope to see lots and lots of people.

Gary

PS. We will be dropping plot hints for the upcoming season.

No Winter Feast is complete without House Geffrin's Revel Mistress. Irina will totally be there, probably with Kaie in tow.

For three years this has been the highlight of my winter -- I expect to see as many of you as possible!

I will probably be there assuming finals don't kill me.

::guards kelsy from the evil finals:: I shall keep them at bay m'lady!

Re: Winter Feast 2009 Directions

Hi FOlks the site is very easy to find. The street address is 365 Lovers Lane Rd., Charlestown, NH. Or type VFW Charlestown, NH into Google. A map appears.

For people coming form south and East. i.e. Boston area, you may want to come up through Rte 2 to rte 140 to rte 12 into Keene, NH. Stay on Route 12 through Keene and stay on it all the way into Charlestown, NH. Come through the village, and take the left onto Lovers lane. ( This will be the first left after the turn for Rte 91 just outside of the village) The VFW is the first place on the left. Big Blue Building. You can see it from Rte 12.

For people coming from VT, Northern NH or Western Mass and Conn. Take rte 91. The Charlestown/Springfield VT exit ( I believe it ie exit 7). Head east, across the Connecticut river toward Charlestown, NH. At the end of the bridge, take a left. Follow this road for about a mile. Look for the big Blue building on you right, across from the outdoor sportshop. If you come to a stop sign you have gone too far.

IF people need further direction, please feel free to contact me
Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Mark

usually in the past it has started around 12 noon and ended when we get kicked out by the vfw people HEHEHEHEH 7 p.m. ish? i dunno did we have a time limit mark?

you could only stay for foure hours? :( we're just getting silly bythen and irina doesn't dance until at least half way through the meal! gotta stay for the whole thing ::nodnod:: just kidding we love to see everyone no matter how long you can stay...i am still hoping i get to go

I'll be there for sure. Whether or not I'm bringing an additional person won't be decided until about ten minutes before I leave, however.

And, just to check, what kinds of brought food might be good for this? I can do some pretty decent cooking, but a basis to start from would be great. If I'm feeling really fancy, I might even bring more than one thing. Any particular requests?

Anyway, I'll see you all in February,
Paul

lessee..in the past the soup has been a big hit...homemade lentil soup that was vegetarian friendly in a bread bowl was loved...roasted taters (whats taters precious?) salads? uhhh cheese platters, bread, olives, drinks!! hot cider is always a yummy fun thing, cookies, cakes, pies, anything is good. lasagna? think 30 people or so..meat is good i spose. or crock pot things. try to think of something that doesn't required being cooked there. make it bringable in a crock pot if possible.

zehnyu said:
Hrm....9 hour round trip...4 hours of roleplay..

Hrm....

You'd totaly do it.

--bill

As long as nothing major comes up, I should be able to make it. A good chance to get acquainted with all the characters, plus a good excuse to cook is something I won't pass up! I can't wait!

Michael Hynes said:
When does it start and when does it end?
In past years people have shown up around noon to help set up, get into costume and generally kibbitz. We usually get into game around one and play until seven or eight, when we break the setting down and return it to a bingo-room. However since the venue has changed, I'd leave it to Ben and Steph to set up an official time.

Paul Vorvick said:
And, just to check, what kinds of brought food might be good for this? I can do some pretty decent cooking, but a basis to start from would be great. If I'm feeling really fancy, I might even bring more than one thing. Any particular requests?
In previous years we've had the advantage of a kitchen to use and a friend of Ben's was good enough to cook for us. Last year there were several soups (veggie and meat-based), salad, fruit platters, devilled eggs, breads, cheeses, charoset (Jewish apple-and-nut dish), cakes and other desserts. Probably more that I don't recall. Drinks were your standard faux-booze faire, and I think teas and such. So... By all means, get creative! Whatever you think is edible and still portable. And bring sparkling cider.

wowy319 said:
As long as nothing major comes up, I should be able to make it. A good chance to get acquainted with all the characters, plus a good excuse to cook is something I won't pass up! I can't wait!
Do it up! My first experience with these nutty folk was the first Winter Feast, back in January 2006. It's a really nice, casual way to meet players -- no combat or skills to worry about, just roleplay and fun. You'll have a great time.

Back