Winterhelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dramm a'dan

Scholar
It was been a long, hard ride to get to Carrasville. With the mountain pass snowed in, you were forced to pass east of the mountains and travel the plains through Harnsburg, Kalstrand and onto the port city. Even on horseback, the snow covered plains was a slow march.

While waiting for the ferry to take you across the straight you over hear many tales of the attacking savage Frost giants, Ice Elementals four horses tall, snow storms that shred the furs and flesh from a person. Each tale gets bigger with every passing person telling it.

Walking off the docks into Winterhelm, the streets are overcrowded with refugees. The city was built to house all the tribes during the winter season, but over the years many of them decided to stay out on the frosty tundra year round. Now with everyone trying to seek shelter in Winterhelm, it’s bursting at the seams.

Scanning the crowd of people, you do not see fear or despair. This is just another hardship of life for the Nordthildr people. And it will be overcome one way or another.

Mar pauses holding his horses reigns as he takes it all in swallowing as he pushes his fear down hoping that these people would accept him as krow and ariana had. "any suggestions on where to start?" he asks glancing at krow hoping the scholar would have a plan as he scans the crowd.

"Of course," clapping Mar on the shoulder, "We go to where all the greatest storytellers of our people spin their tales, now help me find the closest pub."

Crow continues down the street, reigns in hand as he scans the crowds, a bit of worry snaking its way into his thoughts, though not that anyone would notice. Searching every face for someone that he may recognize, while he and Mar are searching for an ale house.

At the FROZEN HORN tavern Stig sits in the back on his own, not feeling like joining the others in their fun. Hes happy there can be sounds of joy near a month since the raids but he has much more on his mind at this time then to join in the festivities.
He sits quietly thinking over all that had happened,
KARR TH'UL being lost, so many wounded and for most the loss of half of his only family... his uncle. Hes remember the last few words spoken by his uncle
"find your cousin. Become stronger."
These words are now what drives him. After some time he decided its time. He will board a ship south and begin his journey in hopes to find his cousin. He stands, finishes his horn of ale in one gulp, grabs his bag and turns to head across the tavern too the door.

Last edited:
((I'm not wearing my tabard since I'm on leave to go this far north. please do not speak for our actions))

Mar taps Krow on the shoulder pointing to the frozen horn having spotted it through the crowds "that might be a good place to start" he says starting to move through the crowd hand tensing on his bow as he enters the tavern slightly ahead of his companion eyes scanning the crowd appraising everything. Mar steps aside to let krow take the lead he felt uneasy and far from anything he'd ever known.

((Changed. My bad wont happen again))

((lol all good mang :) We know you're just excited to get into being a PC))

Patting Mar on the shoulder, he motions to let go of his bow, "You won't need that here, if anyone wants a fight, it won't be much use to us here. Stay close and lets get a few horns of ale, see if we can learn any stories."

Moving to the bar, Crow motions to the barkeep with two fingers, grabbing a few coin out of his purse before turning, handing Mar one of the horns and begins to scan the crowd.

"RROOOOTTTHHHH"

Crow finds himself in the air spinning and nearly being crushed

Last edited:
Mars sword flashes immediately at stigs throat "continue your attack on my friend and I will remove your head" he says coldly before taking a sip from his horn "I don't react well to unprovoked attacks I have to admit"

"HAHAHA. Put svord avay before Stig put it away for you." He puts Crow down and pushes the blade aside
"Dis cousin white hair.... yoooou not from here eh? Dis no place to swing steel as wish"

Clapping Stig on the back, Crow explains to Mar, "He's from my tribe Mar, meet Stig, and Stig, Mar knows me as Crow, which you should call me from now on."

Taking a seat Crow continues, "Spin us a tale cousin, we heard rumor of Frost Giants up north and I've come with a fellow northerner to find out the exact story."

Mar puts his sword away carefully and sits with them taking another drink "good to meet you Stig" he says still a little tense "like Crow said we're here to learn more about the frost giant attacks"

"AH HA. Friend of Ro...Crow?..Cousin is friend of Stig"
Stig stands restlessly next to the table "Vhat you seeing is vhat is left of most of tribes.. .villages gone....people come here. be safer here.........dey come...." *THUD!* Stig slams his hand on the table "Dey come from north over vater....right trew KARR TH'UL" he says through clenched teeth

Last edited:
"Stig leave village on quest for find you ..Crow. Uncle say elders have vision of darkness round you. Stig sent to help cousin. Stig leave make way for south then Stig hear war cries from town. Stig run fast as can back. Find FROST GIANTS in village. Stig try help. Village stop couple of dem but dey still leave with plenty"
Stig speaks quite hastly till now.. he does not want to tell Crow this next part but feels it should be him to tell him. He just hopes Crow can contain him self.
"Stig make it to find uncle.....Uncle try get people organized.... but uncle fall..... Him hurt badly.... He no get up or is vanting healer brought to him...........uncle say to find crow..help crow... us not go after frozen monsters till ve be stronger.......then......uncle get cold.... he say proud of Crow always.....................then he gone"
Stig takes Crow shoulder waiting for his response

Knowing the pain his cousin must be going throu Stig leaves Crow to his thoughts for the time being and turns to Mar
"Crow friend Mar.. is Stigandr Raskûlf of KARR TH'UL" Stig puts his arm out gesturing to shake "Vhat is Mar's tribe? Maybe Stig hear news of tribe and tell Mar if is good"

Mar takes the offered hand shaking it "I have no tribe stig" he says keeping his voice low hoping he wasn't revealing to much to this new face "I wasn't born among the tribes"

"No tribe?...."
Stig looks Long at Mar
"Bah is no vorry. Crow n Stig have good friend is of no tribe. Pure Nomad. Travels all tribes and velcomed by all. Hmm be thinking of dat Stig not knowing what become of Jäger. No seeing for long time. Hope Jäger is being safe from frost giant raids... No he be fine" Stig shakes the thoughts away and goesback to his conversation.
"So vhere is Mar from den .. hmmm?" Stig asks with a friendly quizzical look

The portly man sits in silence for what seems like an hour before taking his horn and finishing it in one swallow. Standing Crow says in a very low, dark tone flooding with emotion, "Which direction are the Frost Giants now?". Brandishing his staff he looks to his cousin.

"They go back North to Cadnia cross sea" he says with regret "It be fools run to go, open vater ice melt n crack. No ship make it throu ice safe"
Stig hangs his head and huffs "Stig make promise to uncle not go after em till help Crow finish work and get stronger. Crows father Jarl of KARR THUL so Stig not go back on dying vish. Stig help Crow. Ve get stronger. VE GET VENGEANCE "

Stig stands and removes his saex, cuts his finger and places a mark of blood under Crows left eye. He then takes Crow hand and does the same to himself.
"'VE PLEDGE VENGEANCE FOR FALL OF KARR THUL AND FOR FALL OF MENTOR..FATHER..UNCLE. VE VILL RETURN AN MAKE ALL FROST GIANTS RUE DA DAY THEY VENTURED..... INTO VINTERSEDGE!"
Stig makes sure he speaks loud enough that all who are at the FROZEN HORN could hear. He takes crows shoulder.. "mark is for Crows father" gives him a long look then makes a gesture for them to leave.

((Permission made for contact))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back