Wishlist

E.E.

I was hoping that I could get a....'quote' on how much my wish list would be. Perhaps I could even buy from other players.

One Longsword. (Custom maybe?)
One Shield.
One animal headdress. (Or similar)

If someone might have something like this or know a place to get one:
A 'Viking' outfit.

If anyone would know where to get these items, and how much, I would appreciate it. I am also willing to buy from other players.

The sword and shield can't be too difficult to simply make yourself. The specifications for both of those are all in the Rulebook, so just check those out. I'm going to make my short and long swords for the next event and customize them myself with green duct-tape. If you want your sword more customize as far as the actual design of the sword itself, I'd ask a more professional weapon-builder on what to do.

As for the shield, I don't know if this passes the rulebook's qualifications (I've never really looked at them, for I wouldn't really consider using a shield myself), but this video's pretty informative and relatively cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ixHvXu ... re=related I'd check the rulebook and/or a Marshal before building a shield from this video, though.

As for the viking-ish outfit, it wouldn't be too difficult to make. Just go to some fabric store, get a few yards of thick and possibly furry fabric and just make yourself a simple tunic thing. It's essentially like making a T-shirt, so if you base your outfit off of that, it's really not hard at all. Heck, we made the shirt I wore at the last SoMN event by pretty much looking at and copying a long sleeved T-shirt and modifying some of the lengths. It's also probably cheaper to make your own than to buy something from someone or somewhere. Also, I assume you'll be playing a barbarian, so even if it ends up looking a bit cruddy, you could say it's in character. Them barbarians aren't exactly perfectionists when it comes to clothes, you know.

For the headdress: You're on your own for that one. I got nothin'.

Also, am I correct in thinking you were one of the new NPCs at the August SoMN event?

I will admit, I'm a bit tempted. I really kinda want to see how bad it would be to make real armor with faux fur covering. But it wouldn't be cheap. Or good for summer games.

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
Also, I assume you'll be playing a barbarian, so even if it ends up looking a bit cruddy, you could say it's in character. Them barbarians aren't exactly perfectionists when it comes to clothes, you know.

Also, am I correct in thinking you were one of the new NPCs at the August SoMN event?

I'm thinking of just being a human. I'm trying to make my new, and only, PC less of a superstitious character.

And yes, yes I was.

Wraith said:
I will admit, I'm a bit tempted. I really kinda want to see how bad it would be to make real armor with faux fur covering. But it wouldn't be cheap. Or good for summer games.
Not cheap, no. But, I'm hoping to have two layers to my outfit. One layer is the summer layer. It'd just be the top part so it wont be so hot. The second layer, if I can get enough fur, will be a shirt that's been lined. I know how the winters are here in MN. Cold. I need as much warmth as I can. I still dunno what I'm going to do with the pants. I might wear white pants with leather leggings too. I dunno.

I would talk to Mr. Josh Clark about weapons.

He is the man, and he charges a mighty fair price.

He is Lost_Nation on the boards.

-Brent

See, that’s kinda funny, Wraith. I DID make armor that was real armor (studded canvas) with a faux fur covering, to represent tougher hide. It was very inexpensive and good in summer… but then, it was a fur bikini (and yes, the character is a barbarian).

-Sheila

I was thinking of talking to him, actually. If even to get pointers. I just don't know his schedule or anything and I don't want to spam him with questions.

Natalia said:
See, that’s kinda funny, Wraith. I DID make armor that was real armor (studded canvas) with a faux fur covering, to represent tougher hide. It was very inexpensive and good in summer… but then, it was a fur bikini (and yes, the character is a barbarian).

-Sheila

Yeah, I was thinking more in the full breast-and-back type than the bikini, but then I've never had much patience with the Franzetta-esque female armor as anything beyond eye candy. ;)

I may use my design for the Ork I'm kicking around in my head.

Also, I was wondering...I have a lot of PVC across the street I can have but, I think most of it is 5/8 or 1/2. Would those work or does it HAVE to be 3/4?

1/2 will work for short weapons. Maybe even for a longsword, if it's less than max length, as max length longs on 1/2 PVC can get a little whippy.

It depends on the thickness and weight.
1/2" thicker stuff is good for almost anything one handed.
5/8" sould be good for many things if it's not super thin.
Get a piece of the 5/8" and cut it to be 38" long. If it's whippy at the end, don't use it.
If it's pretty true, then it'll be fine.

Back