With heavy burden...

Cael Lachdanan, Leader of Oakpalm, fell in the fight against the phoenix, the Heart of the Mountain, in the battle for the preservation of Tarndale. He died free, for the freedom of others. He died as a mystic wood elf, and he died with a strong spirit and a clean heart. He did what others could not, so that others would not have to. What he left behind in hope for others is only overshadowed by the grief of his passing. There are holes in our hearts that can no longer be filled. There are things in our lives that now hold no meaning at all or too much to bear. There are ways that have been blocked to us forever. This is the way of loss.

The funeral will be held at next gathering. The spirit farewell will be a small and private affair.

I still can barely believe it...

A damn good man was lost, I wish I had a chance to get to know him better. Though I do know he was a tough and brave man, who gave everything, even his life to protect Tarndale. He was a shining example of what is possible with what few resurrections we'll most likely get. Because I only knew Cael for such a short time I don't have anything left to say about him.

Thanks Cael you'll never be forgotten.

-Kade Amador

Cael was a person I could consider a friend. He was always ready to go into combat when needed, along with the competency to perform in said battle. I am... happy for his spirit that he was changed to a mystic wood folk, yet saddened that it did not last as long as he(or anyone really) would have hoped. Not much has ever emotionally effected me, but this death has. It's almost as bad as if I lost Anadune...

As I have told a few already, I have recorded his honorable death onto my hematite stone, so that his memory will last for a great many years. If anyone manages to find me in person I am offering to record your memories unto my stone. The merchant side of me makes me add that it is free of charge. Since I've left Tarndale and on my way back to my home in the Thoreldrin Mountains, it's unlikely any of you that I know will come across me, I'd suggest writing down the...summary of the memory you wish stored. If you forget, do not worry, it's still there. Maybe.

But I digress. Please excuse my rambling. Cael will be sorely missed. He was a good man and fighter. I am proud to have fought beside him.

-Maealas of the Dúlin Council

... Cael was a great and honorable man... I didn't know him very well, but every time I came back he was always a sight for sore eyes. He was a fierce warrior with a big heart. The world already seems less bright without his smile among us. My condolences to all impacted by this tragedy. He will be sorely missed...

Hail the glorious dead...

-Dante D. Vaik

Back