Wow

I just read the whole Nero split thing on the main page. I had been an international player for about 5 years. I never liked Joe V. however I did not know he was that big of a ****.

My first Alliance event is less than 2 weeks away and I am actually excited to attend an event. International was honestly a complete waste of time. If you were not an owner or the friend of an owner you would not get plot. I had a character I played for the better part of 3 years and never got any personal plot. I stopped attending international when after his second event one of the owners friends got his own personal plot and ended up with a magic item and a magic weapon.

I am glad there is a Larp that seems to be more oriented to the players. I would just like to say Thank You Mike for all the crap you went through to offer players a better experience than international.

I've heard similar complaints about International around here. I'd like to extend that thanks to all the Alliance chapter owners.

~Jesse

I might just add, this is one of the many reasons I like to make sure to call our game "Alliance" not NERO. I know it was that for the longest time, but its really easy for newer players to possibly get confused and get headed off in the wrong dirrection if we don't all start making that effort to call it the new name.

Anyways, yea thank you to everyone who helps run Alliance! I know its a TON of work, and pretty much just a labor of love. ;)

I've heard very few positive things about International, and that's sad. With so many players I'd have thought at least some of them are having fun, or why are they playing?

Anyway, as a Head of Plot I can tell you that we do run personal plot from time to time. Very often though we'll run racial plot to involve a group of people, or tie somebody's personal plot into something already going on. Not everybody will get personal plot (just not possible with so many players), but I can think of 3 or 4 people we've run stuff for so far this season.

How to get personal plot:

1- Send us a neat character history. If you don't send in a history at all, it gives us nothing to work with. And the more interesting it is, the more likely we are to want to do something with it!

2- Get involved! If we have no idea who you are because you're the character hiding in their cabin all weekend, that significantly reduces the chance of anything cool happening to you.

Welcome to the Alliance. Which chapter will you be playing?

Ok, I turned in a 15 page character history... I spent entire weekends paying to play however I double hooked while my char was researching stuff that went along with his ch.

And Minnesota

PM - just an FYI, many plot people will begin to 'glass over' with such a large plot submission. You may want to put bullet points on the first page so that they don't wade through all of the history. It will also help them to be able to reference a certain section of your histry quicker.

I.E.

*Born in Twilight Vale - Mother (dead) Father (Living) two siblings (living)
*Learned the arts of Alchemy from Uncle (living)
*Got hooked up with a crew and learned the 'roguish ways'
*Fell in and out of love with Kayleigh while in the crew

etc...

The fact that people have had such bad experiences with NERO in the past is one of the reasons I finally decided to just be the Alliance -- it was hurting the reputation we had worked so hard to build.

Which chapter are you playing? Ashbury?

To add to that, I'd also recommend making one's history and interesting read. You don't have to be a writer or work well with words, and I don't recommend going outlandish in the name of Interesting, but if the readers enjoy reading it, it'll get their attention.

As an example, the last character history I wrote was as a conversation between my character and another person. Written in the first person as myself telling my life story to a possible employer.

The plus side of this? I enjoyed writing it. :)

Just a thought.

ChrisO

chriso said:
To add to that, I'd also recommend making one's history and interesting read. You don't have to be a writer or work well with words, and I don't recommend going outlandish in the name of Interesting, but if the readers enjoy reading it, it'll get their attention.

As an example, the last character history I wrote was as a conversation between my character and another person. Written in the first person as myself telling my life story to a possible employer.

The plus side of this? I enjoyed writing it. :)

Just a thought.

ChrisO

Thats a great way to present a history, I did a history for my character in HQ which was more about my family than anything else but nothing panned out from it...would have been fun though. Maybe I'll take another crack at it with my primary again and looking into my famlies past.

Justin H-

When I was stationed at Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio, TX, I flew up to Michigan to attend Alliance chapters, as opposed to driving 30 minutes to the nearest international chapter.

It was a much better investment of time and resources, and I had a much better time.

Hell, I don't think we've -ever- gone less than 300 miles to an event.

Marcena said:
Wraith said:
Hell, I don't think we've -ever- gone less than 300 miles to an event.

I guess I shouldn't mention that I have four Alliance chapters within that range. :)

Four? There's TC, SoMi, Chicago.... is Ohio that close?

Then you should drag your but out there.

Espescially since it looks like it might be closer to you than to me, and I make every event.

Slacker.

We had people from michigan out like three events ago.

South Michigan probably. I'm way out of the way for them. They're east of me. I'll wait 'til TC peeps start coming out.

They have been twice.

Back