Writs and the Law

Good Day,

I am posting this in hopes to receive some information on the Laws of Dragonreach.

In preparation of the Healers Guild I was going over the laws to insure we comply with them.

I have a couple questions I hope to get answered.

First- How does one get the Royal Summoners Writ? As Guild Mistress of the Earth Guild of Koroshi I am hoping I can apply for one so I may have possession and use of a couple scrolls that would fit my position. Is there an application process and office I must visit?

Second - I own a couple scrolls that are now illegal without the writ - Spirt Farewells and Contact Other Plan- how do I turn them in and to whom? Will there be compensation? Is there a grace period?

Thank you for your time in reading this !

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Guild Mistress of the Earth Guild of Koroshi
Artifact of the Dragon's Claw
Founder of Forgotten Hope
Mother

"My Life For Theirs"
"Defending the Dealings of Time and Space"

Lady Cyn,

You apply to an appropriately writted noble. At the moment this is someone of Baron/ess or higher.
While not required it would be most appropriate for you to reach out to Baron Vigilance, considering your station. His majesty has requested that Baron/ess specifically handle this issue, although legally speaking Count/ess and the Duke/Duchesses have power to issue these.
The test is usually two parts but, each noble can issue it in any form they wish. The first part is a competency test. You must prove to the noble that you can handle the subject of the license appropriately. The second is a deed done in service of Dragonreach.

His Majesty is allowing adventurers until the 11th of June, 8 AFD to turn in illegal items already in their possession. This exemption doesn't apply to new purchases or acquisitions.
Sir Mathis or Lord Lukas are capable of enforcing the law, and thus can see that these make it to the appropriate place if you wish to discard them.

Additionally, the objects being ritual in nature also could be turned over to Guild Master Gend Mikol Vinchent Astrum Soposa, as he's already writted. It's not like his Majesty is foolish enough to think that these things do not have worth, the Celestial and Formalist Guild is in the process of building a library to for copying scrolls from. I'm sure Gend would be happy to house the scrolls in that library until a time that it's legal for you to possess them.

I personally consider being able to offer the service of Spirit Farewells as an important for any healer's guild, and would encourage you to pursue a summoner's license with haste.

Go with a tranquil mind and peace in your heart,
Edward Bohemer

Back