WTB Larp bow

I figured if I am going to play as it were. I love to shoot bows.. and so I am here asking to buy a larp bow. Any ideas or great suggestions?? Please help. :twisted:

If you just throw a ribboned packet.. why have the bow? Just curious. anyways since there is no actual shooting of bows. This thread is moot then.

If the weapons don't actually inflict harm, why wear 'actual' armor? It's a representational game, and as such if you want the benefit of being able to shoot 'arrows' at your foes (and sometimes friends) then you have to lug around a bow phys rep.

Maxondaerth said:
If the weapons don't actually inflict harm, why wear 'actual' armor? It's a representational game, and as such if you want the benefit of being able to shoot 'arrows' at your foes (and sometimes friends) then you have to lug around a bow phys rep.

Well this isn't a good comparison because actual armor gives you more 'hit points' in the game. You could just as easily use thrown weapons instead of the bow phys rep for ranged attacks - since you ARE just throwing the packets. However, packets are easier to carry and fly a bit straighter than most foam thrown weapons. In addition, you can have magic placed upon the bow that then transfers to the ammo as well. Then there's the blocking ability of it so it's a nice choice for elven spellcasters.

Actually, the armor itself gives you nothing in the game other than the right to aquire an armor tag and THAT's what grants you the extra points.

The comparasin being "if you are only throwing arrow packets, why not just have a tag for a bow and arrows and throw packets since you don't need a physical bow to actually hurl the packets with?" versus "then why not just have a tag for armor and not wear the phys rep since you don't need to actually protect yourself from the boffer hits?" The answer to both being it's a representational game, if you have an item IG you need to HAVE an item IG, and it makes for a better looking/feeling game.

Well since it's only a phys rep only.. I am still looking for one. Any helpers?? :twisted:

Where are you?

Back