Wylderkin Animal Variation/Legality

GoldRaven

So, when I first looked at wylderkin, I found them a little odd, and a tad uninteresting, but at after attending my first event and seeing so many neat costumes, I've been re-evaluating them.
Which brings me to my main question- what kind of variation is out there for kin types? I've seen kin from foxes to muntjac(s) to lizard(s), so I'm curious as to what sort of things our chapter accepts.
Can there be fish-kin? What about dinosaurs? Many chapter dont accept dinosaurs, but I had to fight them on monkey island, so clearly they exist? Do bird kin exist? How about insect kin?
Thanks in advance, I know this is sort of a newb question, but I'm curious and couldn't find it anywhere else.

It's not a bad question at all. Alliance Denver sticks to the rulebook's standard for real non-fantasy breeds as a starting point. Technically, any animal, insect, bird, or fish could be played, though realistically insects or aquatic creatures are very hard to make look good. Birds must be clearly birds and not biata. Dinosaurkin are right out, though lizardkin that think they're dinosaurs are fine. The one big restriction is that there cannot be catkin. All cats must be sarr and all sarr must be large hunting cats.

If you have any other questions, please contact me directly as I'm the marshal for both kin and sarr.

Last edited:
B, thanks!
I've been looking at a lot of your stuff, and it's and it's absolutely amazing. I'll have to get a job of some kind so when I return stateside I can afford a really sweet mask.
Just warning you, though. I'll probably test the limit. Among my insane ideas are pigkin, buffalokin, goldfishkin, beetlekin and mothkin. The last few of which I'm not even sure is possible. But a year from now, who knows?

Last edited:
Back