Wyrd Con 2011: Two Wyrd

Wyrdcon

WYRD CON 2011
Interactive Theater Convention
http://www.wyrdcon.com

June 10th – 12th
At the Hilton in Costa Mesa, CA

Costumes, weaponry, and theater oh my!
Come out and enjoy a great atmosphere with some amazing people. This convention was created for the Interactive theater society and features different groups from all around. Come out and meet new people, see different systems, and show off your skills.

We had over 300 players attend last year and we expect more this year!
New players are very welcome.

This is the place to find out what style is the perfect fit for you by trying out a variety of story lines and groups.
If you have any questions or would like to know more ask here. Or email us at info[at]wyrdcon.com

2wyrdweb.png

Figuring out what state your convention is in took me way too long (it's in california). We're a national organization, so perhaps a little more info in your post would help you drum up traffic among people in your area. You didn't even post the date. A cleaned up, summarized version of your faq might be helpful.

I would like to apologize for the format of the OP and the basic feel of a spam message. Sometimes people just copy and paste when they want to reach a lot of people on a lot of boards. As for the info:

Wyrdcon 2
Dates: June 10-12, 2011
Location: Hilton Orange County/ Costa Mesa (there are two Hiltons in the area ), Costa Mesa (near Los Angeles), CA.

the idea behind this convention use to have one that is dedicated solely to LARPing. This is a national/international convention- having had speakers from as far as Norway (where LARP is widely accepted with 30% of their population having participated in one). That is why they wanted to post here as this is one of the most successful national games.

This convention is about LARP theory, production and how it is becoming more mainstream and visible to everyday people. I could only attend for 6 hours last year and yet after just 15 minutes in the first seminar, I realize that's most games I have been to would improve their quality 200 percent if they had been there.

There are LARPs that take place there to showcase there games and systems but the center drive of the convention is to share ideas and help people 1 better games run better games as well as network so that there will be a stronger presence in the US.

it maybe a bit of a trip for most people for most people and the convention is still evolving in its infancy but I would recommend anyone who wants to learn more about how to run great games and LAPPing worldwide in general should consider attending.

Mark

P.s. I am not affiliated with the convention other than being an attendee and possibly holding a seminar.

Back