You need a House Hobling!

Chasmania

Artisan
Update: The offer is now closed, as I have been employed.

Yes you, with the large and well-established house or adventuring group!
Have you often dreamed of having you or your party's clothes folded, dishes washed, food ordered, supplies cared for, loot carefully identified and sold for you, wounds tended to, items procured, messages sent, and all other mundane day-to-day activities handled for you?

If that describes you, then I am the Hobling for you. I am a well-trained valet, or butler, experienced in the needs of adventurers, for you see, I was one. I am from the famed Saesonne family, known for our stellar serving skills, and was trained by my father, as he was trained by his, and so on and so forth, to serve noble families and well-to-do merchants.

For just a handful of coin, I will accomplish the following for you and/or your party:

~ All your dishes washed after each meal
~ All your clothes carefully brushed and folded or hung up every night
~ Your weapons cleaned and sharpened after every battle
~ All your items (with the exception of Celestial Scrolls and items of magical power) identified, a value estimated, and sold on the open market, if you so desire. I am capable of identifying all battle magic scrolls, earth ritual scrolls, potions, elixirs, gasses, and more
~ Bookkeeping and taxation services, if needed
~ Simple Earth Rituals cast, free of charge*
~ Bodies of creatures you fell looted (why soil your hands when you have me?)**
~ Messages sent to anyone you so desire
~ Items procured for your needs, such as adventuring services, items, ritual items, etc
~ Healing services in battle - during battle, I will serve as a healer to you and/or your group. I am capable of casting up to 5 spells in the 9th Earth circle
~ Bags and weapons carried
~ Teaching services, if needed. I can pass along a skill that I know to a member of your party
~And more, just ask and I will make it happen

The cost for these services per day are 1 gold piece per each member of your adventuring party, for up to 5 members in your party. For parties of 6 or more, the cost is 1.5 gold per person per day. For example, if you have 5 members of your party, the cost is 5 gold per day. If you have 8 members of your party, the cost is
12 gold.
Additionally, any items sold for your party I will receive 10% commission on.
Lastly, in order to serve you best, I will require investiture into a ward or other form of protective magic where your party is located, and a bunk to sleep in.

Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Should you wish to ascertain the trustworthiness of my character, please ask around - many know me from my time in the Ceriopolis when I served as an Equitem.

*I make no guarantee or warranty on rituals cast, and you absolve the caster of all harm, physical, mental, emotional or otherwise, that may befall anyone from either a successful or failed ritual, even if the ritual failed due to caster error. You must supply all ritual components and scrolls.

**The possessions of any creatures that I may somehow fell in battle, which is doubtful, belong to me or to the group as predetermined by the group. For example, if your group operates on the notion that each individual keeps what they find and a creature I fell has one silver piece on it, I keep that silver piece. If your group splits loot, then I will keep track of items I loot from my kills, place them into the group loot, and take just the split value of items that I looted from my kills.

~Basil Saesonne.

Last edited:
As I've not had any takers, I'm reducing prices by 20%! Don't pass this opportunity up. Did I mention I'll clean all your dishes? We all know how picky tavernkeeps can be. Now you won't have to worry about it! If you're interested, let me know soon so that I can make sleeping arrangements forthwith.

Basil Saesonne.

Basil,

You know your always welcomed where ever I stay. But I would feel I am hindering you as I no longer adventure as I once have. My life is more staying at the tavern selling my wares. As I do not have a group that I adventure with any longer. So if it is just a place to stay I think I can talk some into assisting with that.

Xavic

Back