Your mission in Pratorak

kalindra

Adept
All right, listen up because I don’t want to say this twice. As we discussed with your water Prince, you all have a job to do up by Fort Gragg investigating a crystal of Quelie origin. The Sortiens will bring your people over and make sure you’re supplied with everything you need. You’ll investigate the anomaly, assess the threat, and take appropriate action to protect Pratorak as necessary. I can be found at the Crag if you need anything during your stay, and I will brief you again on the night of the 18th before your initial expedition just to make sure you're all informed. Okay, any questions?

Captain Lorana

Allow me to expand upon Captain Lorana’s description of events. As any student of history would know, a ritual backlash of Quelie origin temporarily suspended the ability of Earthen circles of power within Pratorak to resurrect approximately 70 years ago. While many details regarding the event are classified, we can reveal that the location of that ritual is the same as the location of our current problem.

A number of creatures similar in appearance to the Corrupt have been appearing at that location near Outpost #14 for the past few months. Their numbers have been growing slowly enough that no significant action has been warranted until now, but their rate of growth has increased significantly and the situation will soon hit a turning point. We do not wish to withdraw any of our forces from Kalmok’s Anvil, but if this problem is not soon dealt with, it may become necessary.

While the Council understands the importance of the battle against the Corrupt, we would urge you to give this task the attention it deserves. Your compatriot Baeleon was provided a set of documents relating to this issue; it would behoove you to review them in advance of your arrival. Please direct any questions to myself or Captain Lorana - as stated before, many details of past events are classified, but should the Council deem it appropriate, I can begin the process of reviewing the historical documents to determine whether any further relevant information may be unsealed.

Regards,
Secretary Morraina

Captain Lorana and Secretary Morraina,
Thank you for initiating this contact, and be assured the Baeleon has informed me of this mission. We will rally in great earnest to aid our ally and eliminate this threat. To this end it would be advantageous if we were given a few details:

You stated that a Quelie ritual backlash has prevented the Earth Circles of Pratorak from being able to resurrect. Does the appearance of the crystal coincide with the ritual backlash?

How large is the crystal? What color is it?

Have any measures been taken against the crystal in the past, and if so, what were the results? Shatters? Destroys? Etc?

Does that crystal have a shield like the Corrupt Nodes or any other known special abilities?

Does Outpost #14 have an Earth and Celestial Circle?

Where is the closest place to resurrect (so that we can have transportation standing by in case of accidents)?

Can you tell us anything else about these creatures? Strengths, weaknesses, groups size encountered, do the only walk like Corrupt or can they run, do they speak, can they use magic, etc?

Thank you for any information as this will help us to help you.

Walk with Honor,
Sir Victor von Gryphon
Knight of Gaden

Sir v. Gryphon,

We’re glad to hear that your troops are prepared for this mission. We’ll happily provide the requested information insofar as the answers you want are publicly available.

1--The backlash was around 70 years back. The circles came back a few years later, so there isn’t now a problem resurrecting. The first appearance of the crystal is not noted in public records, but the location is near where the backlash is thought to have occurred.

2--It’s blue and like 3-4 feet high, I’m told.

3--The strategy for dealing with the creatures has been containment, as until recently their numbers have been manageable. Shatters and Destroys did not seem to affect the crystal.

4--Not that we’re aware of.

5--Outpost#14 has both Earth and Celestial circles. We have arranged for Mr. Sortien to handle temporary investitures.

6--You can resurrect in Outpost#14 (see above).

7--I don’t know any specifics of strengths or weaknesses, but stabbing them seems to work ok. They can run. There are a few larger ones, similar to Corrupt constructs I suppose.

Good luck,
Captain Lorana

Back