Your War Has Come to Wayside

People of Gaden,

Recently, an Earth Guild expedition in Wayside made a horrifying discovery, in a newly found grove in the Sandorian Mountains - your war has come to our doorstep... the Corrupt have come through the mists, to Wayside.

Here are excerpts from my report to the Earth Guild of Wayside on the matter:

- The grove was created by a saproling, that had traveled from the southern elven lands, seeking to put down roots and grow into an Elder Tree.

- An enemy to Fortannis has traveled the mists, and come to our lands. It is known as the Corrupt. I have included a copy of a tome known as the "Codex of Known Corruption", written by a fellow adventurer known as Gandian Ravenscroft, which details known strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies of this enemy.

- The Corrupt arrived in Wayside after being rifted here by a person known as Lok of Harbor's Far.

- The Corrupt first appeared in the garden at the Crystal Palace of the Leaf Crown. The Corrupt have corrupted the elven king, and have led him to issue the orders to have all of the elder trees in the Leaf Crown destroyed. This is to eliminate some of nature's defense mechanisms, making it easier for the Corrupt to spread.

- A node, which controls the hive mind of the Corrupt, was in place in the grove. It was destroyed.

- All of this information and action did come at a cost. One adventurer, a young girl named Arsita, was trapped behind enemy lines and resurrected. Also, Mr. Ravenscroft himself, author of the previously mentioned Codex, was taken hostage by a Greater Corrupt, which retreated. I believe he was targeted once the Corrupt realized he was there, as he has been at the forefront of the war against the Corrupt in Gaden. The saproling was unharmed.

Please, people of Gaden, help me convince the nobles of my land just how dire this threat is. Also, please, come, help me train the soldiers, and teach the adventuring community, what they need to know to repel this threat.

More than all of that - please - help me save my land, and help me save my brother.

Humbly,

Journeyman Eric Marsters
Earth Guild of Wayside
Order of Shadow's Light

Marsters,

I am truly sorry to hear this. I was present when Lok sent the thousands of corrupt to another place, but we had no indication that place was Wayside. There is much conflict in Gaden as well. Much has happened since you last traveled through the mist here. However I will spread word, and advise those that can spare it to help assist the problems of both lands.

You said Gandian was captured by the Corrupt? What must be done and where do we need to go to bring him back?

and Marsters, if this is true, remind those of your land to watch their dreams, because the corrupt are always listening.

- Warden Asher

Darkcrescent said:
Marsters,

I am truly sorry to hear this. I was present when Lok sent the thousands of corrupt to another place, but we had no indication that place was Wayside. There is much conflict in Gaden as well. Much has happened since you last traveled through the mist here. However I will spread word, and advise those that can spare it to help assist the problems of both lands.

You said Gandian was captured by the Corrupt? What must be done and where do we need to go to bring him back?

and Marsters, if this is true, remind those of your land to watch their dreams, because the corrupt are always listening.

- Warden Asher

Warden,

We don't know yet where to go, or what needs to be done. I'm not sure what side of the mistwall he's currently on, or if the Corrupt in Wayside are coordinating with the Corrupt in Gaden. At some point this season, I will be returning to Gaden. We can sit down and speak then. As for being watched... we're used to that - we dealt with Thargatian already, who watched our every move. I would love an update privately, if possible, as to what has been going on...

Journeyman Marsters

*with a hint of barely restrained rage*

These corrupt will know no fury like mine....I will NOT lose another family member to these ABOMinations... I will REND THE SKIES AND RAVAGE ALL LANDS WITH ELDRITCH FLAME GRINDING ALL OF THESE CORRUPT TO DUST SUMMONING ALL OF THE POWER I WEILD!!!

…Even if I have to destroy all of Wayside...my fury will not be quenched until Gandian has been secured and these corrupt have been destroyed.

Be it known that the full power of the Order of Shadow’s Light has been committed to this task. I summon the rallying cry to all of our allies. If you have ever stood with us or wish to be allied with us in the future, stand with us now! Woe to those who dare stand in our path!

Arcanist Dure'dhel
****金 ****

Warlock of the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden
Uranian Journeyman of the Celestial Guild of Wayside

I wish to help in any way I can. I've fought the corrupt so I know a little about them and Gandian is important to many people. I should be returning to Wayside soon, is there any way to figure out where the corrupt have taken him or where they may be originating from? If Sera Fallingstar and I work together with our skills, we might be able to get some information that might help if she would be available.

Keallit

hmm... a very serious turn of events, for Gandian knows the most about the corrupt then any of us. but if the corrupt are coordinating their actions this could mean a whole new war.

iganeous

Hello Everyone.
Where is Gandian and how do we get him back?
I have never been to wayside but i'm assuming others have.
Can i get some more info on what happened and where Gandian is.
I have spent a long time looking for him. Luckily i found him but i don't want to lose him again.
I will do what is needed to get him back.
You can either get me info here or send me a pigeon.
Your thanks.
Aldorian
member of the Celestial Guild of Gaden

Aldorian,

While I wasn't there, from the sound of it, Marsters would be your best source. Perhaps others in these lands were down there and also have more information, but sadly I do not.

I didn't think Wayside could become any grimmer, but I truly fear the worst now that the Corrupt are present. Perhaps it's been long enough since I last visited, and despite my feeling for returning, it may be neccisary.

I would also recommend extending your dreams to the land of Terna, perhaps those there could better explain, or even contain more information. I know both Sera Fallingstar and Sera Elle are probably up to speed on any threat down there. I suggest sending a pigeon their way.

~Asher Oakheart

Hello Asher.
Thank you for you help.
I will do as you requested.
Thanks again.
Aldorian

I like Arcanist Dure'dhel, am very deeply disturbed by this troubling news concerning Gandians capture by the corrupt. Though I am not sure of what exact use I may be in this venture, I too would like to help secure Gandian from the corrupts vile grasp!

- Tazoulti Strongbeard
Dwarven Master Blacksmith & Initiate Broker

I will help in any way I can, of course.

I have been doing a much reading and researching other matters, but Gandian has done much to help me and Dure'dhel has gone out of his way to teach me.

So I will be of service however it seems fit.

May your life be in Harmony,

Skye Nevermore

Marsters,

Our war?

Dure'shel San,

I cannot travel to Wayside even if I wished to but if there is anything I can do for you or your guild in this dark time let me know.

Fern

AllianceCHI said:
Marsters,

Our war?

Dure'shel San,

I cannot travel to Wayside even if I wished to but if there is anything I can do for you or your guild in this dark time let me know.

Fern

Fern,

Yes. The war against the Corrupt.

Eric

Eric,

I believe zhe point Fern vas trying to make vas zhat it vas never just our var to begin vith. I, for vone, sincerely doubt zhe corrupt vill stop if zhey succeed at viping out all of Gaden. Zhey vill most likely move from zhere to ozher lands. Ve may be fighting it for you, but it vas alvays your var as much as ours.

Regardless, I believe zhe adventurers of Gaden are alvays villing to help as much as ve can. Our resources, however, are limited. Vords and visdom are all zhat I can offer you and you may find zhat zhat may be all many can offer. I vish zhat I could offer your people more, but good luck. Don't fight zhem zhe vay zhey vant you to.

Roy Gallentine

All,

It is true that the Corrupt have come to Terna. The mist that protected all on the outside from such vile creatures were not able to stand against the magics that Lok imposed. What has happened cannot be undone the Corrupt are here and Gandian has been taken.

My first experience with the Corrupt was harrowing and the fact that we could do nothing to retrieve Gandian ,and that Arsita fell in battle boils my blood. To be completely caught unawares and to loose two adventurers under my watch is an unacceptable outcome for me. So in this I turn to you. I need your experience and wisdom in fighting and destroying the Corrupt in Terna. I am looking for all those willing to go back to the grove and seek Gandian.

Please send me a pigeon on this matter.

Sincerely,
Sera Liddia FallingStar

Lady Knight,

My various encounters with many of your countrymen over the years aside, I hold no ill wish towards you. The best advice I can provide on specific fighting for the corrupt is to follow the Codex. Some specific areas:

1) Destroy portal keepers quickly! They are typically hurt by lightning.

2) Shatters and Destroys are best against low level Nodes but explosive traps are immensely useful in destroying more stubborn nodes once any magical protections are removed. In some cases, nodes will be capable of raising magical protection for a short period of time after you shatter or destroy them. In these cases, nothing you can do short of ritual magic will lower the barrier. Simply wait for it to lower before casting again or your spells will be wasted.

3) Once unconnected from the weave, this happens if you destroy an isolated node, the corrupt may go bezerk but will be completely disabled by command effects.

4) Some corrupt can warp and reflect magics you cast at them back at you, in some cases its possible to overwhelm them by casting in quick succession in others the application of such tactics is simply ignored, watch for whether or not you can and adjust tactics accordingly.

5) Corrupt do not run....this is your only tactical advantage trust me...they will blast through siege lines almost undeterred and overcome or simply walk around most fortresses and magical defenses given time. Think of them as the tide...and get out of the way.

6) Corrupt = Curse and Construct.

Lastly, and this is the most critical, do not think you can solve this problem alone. Your country is not enough unless you happen to have a couple dozen dragons willing to work with you and everybody in your army sports a golem or some equally ridiculous form of prowess it simply isn't enough. Our ancestors all came at this curse one country at a time and abandoned each other to their individual fates. Some even succeeded in rooting out the problem in their homes while others were not targeted so simply profited from the increased threat. Some build walls as high as mountains and allowed themselves to assume those walls would stand, and stand they did for a time. But eventually the corrupt overcame and another country bit the dust. The only hope you have is to gather the entirety of your lands, not just one kingdom but all kingdoms, and throw all of it at once at the heart of it, pen them up, let none escape, destroy every node and every single creature and follow up with visions and whatever additional ways you have of finding them. History tells me that's a fancy...regardless, good luck. I would not have wished this on anyone.

Regards,

Fern Woods
Bonded Guardsman of Gaden

PS- Gandian is 2nd to none on corrupt fighting tactics. Get him back then follow his advice.
PPS- If you don't know if he is permanently dead, why not gather his family then try to use a Farewell ritual to summon his spirit. If he doesn't come then he's not fully dead. If he is then he can impart his knowledge on you and say his goodbyes to his family. If that's the case tell the Boatman to ride that Gondola and say hi to Thaquib, Crow, Jivah, and Gorka for me and that I'll see him soon enough.

Fern Woods Bonded Guardsman of Gaden and all those who have answered,

Thank you for your advise. Your guidance in that matter is priceless, if anyone has anything else to offer please let me know. Also I am looking for more information on 'The Weave', if you could send me a pigeon it would help. And if there is anyway that I can help any of you in this matter please let me know.

Sincerely,
Sera Liddia FallingStar

I shall come along... I was not there for the Corrupt, and hearing that Gandian was taken is a tragedy.
I will add my hammer to this fight to see him returned. hahahahahahaha
Lets see what my hammer can do to the corrupt

Back