Andar's future in the Valley

Nate

Scholar
Marshal
[[ Posted on the meeting house wall ]]

My Fellow Andarians-

With the closing of the Portal that allowed us to return to our home country, I am sure many of you are unsure as to your paths. I myself, spent much time assessing our position and possible futures here in the Valley. I also feel the sting of being cut off from my family and friends in Andar. I do not know if I will see them again, but I have hope that someday we will find a way home. I understand that the person responsible, as far as we can tell, for the closing of our portal has permanently died. The Corrupt involved remain at large and as great an enemy as ever.

Until such a time that we find a new way home, I have come to the conclusion that we must also remember our mission here. Just because the Portal has closed does not mean that the original intent of our coming here has changed. Certainly, the comfort afforded by having home just a few days away has changed but we had little day to day support from Andar as it was and not having ready access has not changed that. I believe we can still do good things for Andar and the people here while we work to find a new way home. Until we have exhausted all possibilities we should not despair. Portals are in their nature unstable magic and we did know that there have been other Portals to this Valley in the past that were closed- whether on their own or by magical intervention. Once this Valley is secured, safe, and the curse broken we can turn our attentions outward. I am sure this Plane is just as large as the one we came from- filled with peoples, mysteries, and magics that we cannot now know. We are certain to find a way to our home with so much unrealized knowledge in our futures.

On another note, I hear that one of our own likely acted against us in opening a Portal to another plane and inviting a powerful being to the Valley in order to destroy us all. I understand that this Being, the self styled "Lord of Echos" is still at large but was unable to gather the army he no doubt expected, due to the actions of many of you. The entire Valley thanks those who defended against this "Lord" of Echos. I would greatly appreciate knowing who among us wishes to destroy not only their fellow Andarians but also the innocent people of this Valley. They have acted with evil in their hearts and in no way in Andar's best interests, let alone the interests of all in the Valley.

Moving forward, I feel that our first direction is to negotiate an alliance with the newly reawakened nation of the Dryads. We, so far, know too little about them and their culture. But we do know that they stand with us in defense of the earth and in opposition to the Corrupt. No small similarities, those. Their knowledge of how the Valley was, years ago, is invaluable and may be the key to our own missions here. To that end, in some week and a half's time, I intend to journey to the most recent hotbed of awakening Dryads- the site of their former town of Thorn's Crossing. I am sure most of you have heard something about it, it is also the site of an attempt at a new settlement by some of the Tarndalians. I have heard rumor of a Corrupt circle there and many ruins. I invite all who wish to learn more of the Dryads and/or who wish to explore a new area and ruins- to join me. I am told there is already lodging available, thanks to the efforts of the Tarndalians.

In service to the King,
Baron Gerard Sumner

Back