Camp Clean up

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks,

With a rumor going around that another group messed up MMR recently, I want to reiterate a few things for us at Sky High. Also because the owner of the site recently contacted me, reminding me of our obligations.

1. Packets. Although we know the animals will eat the seeds, the girl scouts hate when we "leave" these at our game. They send me pictures of all the packets they collected after we leave sometimes. After every battle, PLEASE try to be diligent about scouring the field. NPCs, before returning to camp, try to collect your packets off the field. I know many of you are awesome at leaving a pile near the tavern side door for fellow player retrieval. That helps! However, are the critters grabbing them from that pile, I wonder. lol

2. Return things to how they were. This mainly includes the tavern and the NPC building. If you are one of the folks who help us set up the tavern and/or NPC camp, please help us again at the end so we know where things are supposed to go. This was emphasized to me.

3. Close all doors and windows and turn off all lights in all buildings. Do not mess with the smoke alarms at all. If you remove a light bulb bc you want mood lighting, you MUST put it back.

4. Do NOT show up earlier than we are allowed to. 4pm is fine. Also, please do not show up at Sky High when we don't have an event. Please do not show up at their site for any reason. It is private property and if you say, "I'm with the Alliance" we will be charged for this. Similarly, please don't contact Tim or any staff of Sky High without letting me know first. I heard different rumors about Citadel from non staff members who "spoke to Tim...."

The word "Deposit" was thrown around recently and I do not want to lose any good standing we have!

I know a vast majority of you leave the place better than you found it and this doesn't really pertain to you. However, with the recent incident of another larp group, events at Twisted Pine, and even more recent emails from the owner of the property, I'm on edge. lol

Thanks for listening!
Let's make this an amazing 2016 season!

Jesse

....Do we want to see if the camp owner wants to just start doing walk-thrus with us? or possibly implement a check system?

...on top of that, do we want to offer a site work-day where we come in and do cleanup/repair stuff as a goodwill mission sort of thing to bolster relations?

Snow and night-fights are a big challenge when it comes to packet recovery...wwhhhat should we do about that?

Last edited:
....Do we want to see if the camp owner wants to just start doing walk-thrus with us? or possibly implement a check system?
****He actually suggested it but ultimately Tim would be the one who HAS to do it, and I'd rather not make him go over the entire camp with us on Sunday when he likes to relax. LOL. I think we are good enough about the cabins and buildings usually... if we could all be super vigilant and police each other, that would be fabulous!

...on top of that, do we want to offer a site work-day where we come in and do cleanup/repair stuff as a goodwill mission sort of thing to bolster relations?
****I've actually offered that a year ago on the suggestion of another player and they were worried about liability issues/insurance/our qualifications... yadda yadda.

Snow and night-fights are a big challenge when it comes to packet recovery...wwhhhat should we do about that?
That last one is the trickiest... we can only scour the grounds and try our best to recover. When the marshals call HOLD for Tags, this is a good time to HOLD for packet recovery too! LOL

To bad we can't develop radio trackers that could be in with the pellets, or put a few metal pellets in that react to metal detectors to help when visual fails.

In regards to critters picking up the piles, I know for a fact this happens at the tavern as I've watch chipmunks grab a packet and try to eat it there or try to run with it. Maybe set up a station inside for packet pile to help deter that?

Doesn't Alliance carry its own Liability insurance? It's an amazingly simple email request to Alliance's insurance provider to issue a certificate to the campsite for one day for a cleanup, which means that Alliance's insurance covers it, not the campsite's. (Actually, I'm surprised that the camp doesn't ask for these certs for our weekend events.) Jesse, I handle those requests as part of my profession all the time - I'd be happy to work with you to get that issued to cover us with the camp if you want to try again.

Trace

The girl scouts DO ask for these certs every year and have ours on file. However, they are for our events. I would have to add another day on to our policy. There are other elements of this in play that I would be happy to discuss in private.

Back