High Magic: Ritual Manipulation - Insert Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Chill

Fighter
Clarification question on Insert Component to make sure I am fully understanding the rules as written.

According to the ARB:
"Insert Component: This allows the caster to substitute one component for a different one listed on the Ritual scroll. The caster needs to have at least one each of the components listed on the scroll; this allows for "additional reagents” for higher casting."

Can this ritual manipulation be purchased multiple times for the same ritual?

Example: A ritual needs 1-Cariosus, 1-Penna, & 1-Pyrotis. To cast at a higher difficulty requires 5 total components. Can I purchase Insert Component 2 times, and then insert 2 Jetsam to meet the 5 required components?

Thanks!

-Ryan

Sure, there's no caveats that this Manipulation can't be applied multiple times (unlike Conserv/True Conserv), so I see no reason you couldn't use this more than once on the same ritual.

Upvote 0
This high magic ability does not put any limits on the number of times it may be used or purchased while others specifically do. As such, I have seen and allowed as a ritual marshal this high magic ability to be purchased and used multiple times for the same ritual.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back