I may be attending

I may be attending the october event. Would anyone like to fill me in on what I have missed?

Joseph Kruger

Foig means find out in game, via conversations at game or via in game letters sent to other players

Starting next season I might be able to begin Larping, and have a few co-workers and friends that are interested in car pooling with me (as we'll be coming from the Waterloo Iowa area - 4 hours to Chicago or 4 hours to Minneapolis) any pointers on anything we should bring with us? I just e-mailed a copy of the rule book to the group travelling with us.

Aside from your costume, make sure you bring a sleeping bag or blanket and pillow. I forgot that my first time and it really wasn't the best idea. Bug spray is also important. :)

In the early part of the season it can still be quite cold (we still had snow for the March event this year) so plan your costumes accordingly. Best would be layers that could be removed. Take it from someone who was a Popsicle, it's better to be warm and look slightly anachronistic then the alternative.

Definitely - while we love to see people in their best garb (and our players generally have fantastic costuming) we also want you to have a good time, and it's hard to do that if you're spending the whole time thinking about how cold you are. It's not ideal, since you usually want to be able to remove extra layers if you get too warm, but you can always wear an extra shirt or two under your top layer of clothing. Underarmor or good old fashioned long underwear go a long way.

thanks for all of the good advice, TerraJane, hjordan, and Kyle.

Thanks everyone for the pointers. I'm torn between a couple of different races and classes so I'll most likely NPC in March to help me decide. But I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of histories so that I can come up with a potential character history depending on what I decide to play. (found the thread with the old maps already)

Last edited:
So after falling off of the Alliance map for a few years, I'm thinking that it's time to dust off my old gear (who am I kidding anyone who knows me, knows that I'll be making new gear) and get back on the Alliance bandwagon.

I live in Des Moines, not overly far from Quasqueton. I could certainly help you and your friends build some weapons, armor, costumes, or whatever else you may need. As well as answering most rules and gameplay questions. There may still be a few players in Chicago or Minnesota that can vouch for me :)

OOG
Josh Clark

If you can get a Josh Clark original boffer, or costuming, you step over what ever bodies you need to to make that happen.

-Sincerely,
A Happy client and Ruler of the Hinterlands of Southern Minnsota

I still use the last Josh Clark made weapon before he semi-retired to fatherhood... That spear has definetly held up!

*pinches self to make sure that what I just read was real*

Josh you will be happy to know that Liddia's machete still passes weapon checks. And it would be great to see you come out this way again.

Amanda

There goes the neighborhood. :p

Vicki
-stand in weapon maker

In a similar vein, is waysidelogistics@gmail still the logistics email? I shot it a line a couple weeks back and haven't heard anything, not sure if it changed . :)

Last edited:
Yep. I email it daily and get a reply, so maybe it got lost in the shuffle

Back