Immunity to Rituals, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several ways to end up Immune to effect groups in our game, such as being a Golem, Undead, or having a Reversed Lifeforce.
1) Assuming creatures that are standardized (such as Master Constructs), rather than 'plot creations,' are the Immunities listed on the cards for 'Effect Groups?'
Example 1) "Immune to Alteration" prevents someone from being Nausea'd, or does it also prevent them from being Race Changed (an 'alteration')?
Example 2) "Immunity to Earth" prevents someone from being Cure Wounds'd, or does it also make them immune to the Regenerate and Preserve on their spirit?
Example 3) "Immunity to Necromancy" prevents someone from being Drained, or does it also make them immune to a Reverse Lifeforce?

2) Do rituals ever fall into Effect Groups? Specifically, can I Cloak Necromancy a "Transform to Skeletal Undead," or "Bane Healing" an 'Earth Aspected' Spirit Walk (if it was thrown, and I didn't want to get in their creepy spirit van with them or something?)

Sorry that there's more than one question, but if I'm correct in my thinking, a single answer will handle them all.

This post is to inform you that your question is currently being discussed by the ARC and once some clarification has been made will be posted here. Depending on the level of clarification and discussion (and potential involvement of the Owners or other national staff, if needed) this may take time.

Rituals are Rituals (not effects) and unless they duplicate a defined effect in an effect group in the rulebook they can't be Cloaked/Baned/"No Effect"'d due to <effect group> Immunity.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back