June 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

llywelyn

Artisan
Please send us your event feedback: http://goo.gl/forms/Ag9FPpRfg8 Feedback can also be emailed to plot@alliancedenver.com .

IBGA Form: http://goo.gl/forms/7qtU9SdBmB (please read our IBGA Policy and Actions Between Games: Getting the Most out of IBGAs before submitting; also I do know that this is the same form as last time, since we're throwing all of them together on our end). You can only submit an IBGA if you are not going to the Death's Islands event in July (and responses may be delayed to the May, June, and July events as a result). Please get them in, if you are sending them, by July 3rd at the latest so that we have some time to think them over.

Pre-register for the next event (event is July 17th–19th at Meadow Mountain Ranch, pre-registration deadline is July 12th): http://www.alliancedenver.com/payment---logistics.html

If you are submitting a character background and looking to get that approved before the next event, the soft deadline for submissions is July 3rd. Email these to plot@alliancedenver.com . You are welcome to submit it after that, but we may not get a chance to approve it or send it back with feedback before the June event.

Finally: We are looking for submissions either for coin (for your character) or GS (for you) for the Acarthia Times about this event or just the world in general! Please email those to plot@alliancedenver.com so that we can approve them. Acarthia Times articles will be published in the August edition.

Hope everyone has a great time at the event!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, tired here, but let me see if I can list off some of my favorite moments....
  • Overall, hands down my favorite part of the weekend was the Ghost Ship mod on Saturday night. Having most of the town asleep, then the Mariner coming in and telling their story really did a great job setting the mood. Immediately after that, having the mini siege fight against the undead up on the side of the tavern was incredibly harrowing. There were a few times we almost fell, but we kept cycling through the refitting. Boarding the boat, underneath the stars and sailing unto the water, wondering if the ghost ship was even going to appear had us at this tense feeling. Then the fog rolled in, we saw the boat and decided (against our better judgement) to board the boat. Fun fun fun mod, super great mood, it's what I love to see.
  • Playing a NPC (Captain Lewan) and having Katya actually NOT hit me in the nuts during a bout of "**** punch sparring".
  • Lagarde's alcohol. The only bad thing about it is that he didn't leave any rum on the Salty Vixen for when we took it out on Saturday night for a stroll around the bay.
  • Campsite. Other than the distance to the Mages guild, I actually really liked it. There are things I like better about Sky High, but the change up was a lot of fun.
  • Having a very poignant conversation with Dame Arikaya regarding knighthood and her experience gaining the blue/silver spear.
  • ROCKING our sea elf mod. Our team was spot on, worked super well together. I felt like communication was high and we handled it like professionals.
  • The Carlyle Company plot. Super fun, very open ended on how you could handle it. You could be sneaky. You could fight. You could RP you way out of it and it was connected into the larger story as well which I really liked. Plus, it was sort of nice that if you were the good guy, you didn't get the good reward. :)
  • It was super fun NPCing for the undead mod on Saturday night. I have a better understanding how hard it is to watch your lines as PCs when it is dark like that. It's very easy to just sneak through the lines.
  • Also added on fighting Felstar in the back lines as an NPC in the undead fight. Felstar, what an honorable warrior you are! It was so much fun fighting you again and again and again.

Last edited:
Home, showered and typing with half my brain, but lets see...
  • Storming the beach with the PC's the pushes and clearing the camps really felt like we were fighting an occupied space.
  • Camp fire night on Friday, Thank you for everyone who came to hang at the fire!
  • The interaction with Lucian, Blue, Legarde and Abtus through the weekend. I am loving the culture the `kin are building in game.
  • Talking with Skeld about Wyldmen/Freemen and the insight into their culture. What a great RP and I really loved getting to know Skeld more.
  • Ri's squire task OMG Dani, That was great, thank you so much! And thank you to the NPC's that were on it.
  • Dingy Jokes...you had to be there.
  • Hunting Sahagan through the woods at night.
  • Litch battle, exciting and fun, and blitzing the big skeleton with Brom, taking it down and just nodding to Brom and moving on was cool. Well done in the fight!
I know there are others, and if I forgot you in my haze, well...it was awesome, I had a great weekend.

This was such an awesome event. I enjoyed every moment but my top favorites have to be-

• In character, the aquatic elf mod. Oh my goodness, Arkaida was beyond excited to meet watery kin.
  • Around the campfires, both nights. The first night with the singing and arm wrestling, and then the second night with story telling and hearing about "Squire deploy!" tales.
  • Fighting at night! I actually really really enjoy it, I love the sneaking around and the characters being hyper aware and just... adrenaline rush! That's the word I was looking for!

Part of me wants to let this gel for a few days, but enough of me is telling me to get out it now that I'm willing to put off my shower date (if you're not reading the FB group, it's not my fault) to do so.

As always, there are a number of things I'm not going to go over because the best parts of roleplay are always found in the things that surprise you, but the following are my weekend highlights.

* Mod the first: Lore Guild stuff carried me off onto a who-dunnit mod, and I always enjoy things like that. My favorite part, though, happened during the confrontation with the thieves who stole the book, when I looked at Brennan as Tinder and waved him to the back of the tabin. We may not have been involved in the conversation, but the moment, when combat started, and Tinder opened that back door and Brennan laid into one of the thieves from the back was priceless.
* Mod the second: I am always so incredibly grateful when I can take part in a mod that can be resolved by way of roleplay rather than sword-play. The swamp tribe mod was packed with that. Of course, it was also packed with agility checks and mushroom spore spackets. Having Legard brace intoxicated Tinder through part of it was fabulous; roleplaying through the hallucination part of the program was better (Tinder evidently becomes less discriminate about spell use when on a bad trip).
* After I had explained sleeping in the cold (as Tinder), he said, "You could come sleep with me and I'll keep you warm," (or something close), and I said, "I feel rather strongly that someone would justifiably protest that," (or something close). This, and other conversations regarding the complicated and confusing nature of the young races', "mating politics" were rather fun.
* Meeting JJ's Sar. OMGs, there is something to be said for the power of a portrayal to overwhelm your ability to recognize another human being. JJ is a good friend. I talk to him on a regular basis, and we were more than a few sentences into our exchange before I realized who I was talking to. (Granted, it was dark, but still!)
* Aneira's reaction to that thing in the Mage guild. (Going to leave that one there).
* The evening fight through the decaying keep. This was my favorite fight of the weekend. It was ominous. There was some fun strategy involved. It promoted story. For me, personally, I felt pretty effective as front line support in that fight (which felt good).
* In the same fight, turning around into Paxton's painted face while he was making noises at me. I'm not sure what the expression on my face was, but I had a moment of, Oh, hey, there's an undead something here - wow, the makeup is fun! - and he is absolutely right in my face, before other people pummeled him to death-death.
* Lyra IC nights around the fire. OMGs, those were a lot of fun. I just wish I'd been more awake for some of them. In particular, the rounds and rounds and rounds of singing on Friday (many of which happened while I was going to sleep, and were therefore lullaby like). I even liked the various attacks that happened, and the interesting ways in which the party participants chose to defend the circle/party.
* Explaining mage geekery to non-mages!
* Camp-fire lunches. Jules is a food-god, and Ray is awesome for suggesting the idea in the first place.
* Friday night, when the door to my tabin swung open, no one else was awake, and I had those awkward few minutes of trying to figure out if an NPC was waiting for me to put my hand out of the door.
* 5:30am song birds. Both mornings, that was a thing, and it was lovely for more than one reason.
* Related to the above, OMGs, the wildlife at this site!
* And though this may surprise some, I really liked the modest camping arrangements. Somehow, those little tabins added something to the experience that included an extra level of intercharacter/personal intimacy even if the number of times I cracked my head into that beam numbered into the double digits.

Campsite: Do I want to camp here all of the time? No. Were there things about the campsite that presented problems. Absolutely. But I loved the change of scenery, and I loved the drive up to it. There were parts of that site that were absolutely breathtaking, regardless of how many times a rock tried to kill me. I also liked the fact that when we went some place new as PCs, that we had a site with accommodations that were drastically different from where our characters normally stay. It wasn't New Acarthia with a different face. It was some place distinctly not New Acarthia. (More blankets next time, with a polite request that the Mage Guild be closer to town, and I'll be pretty happy with the state of things).

There was a lot of fantastic camaraderie at this game, guys, and I would like to thank all of you who added to that atmosphere.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I enjoyed my first PC event at alliance denver. I loved meeting all of you, chatting with you in game, and learning about acarthia. Mt favorite moments in no particular order.

• Walking alone on the path, and coming across 3 suaguine. Realizing I couldn't escape anywhere, so taking the intiative and charging the caster. Managing to kill him while dodging the arcane entangle, slaying that one in quick order and then killing the last one while he was trying to slay me was one of my top 5 most epic larp moments. And I've been doing this for a while.
  • Both late saturday night ship quests. The first had great atmosphere, with the NPCs singing, acting all drunk, and us sneaking on to the boat.
  • The second ship mod, the ghost ship was great fun as well. The trip there, and the fall into the water. Lost my gear, but I enjoyed the immersion of it all.
  • The food was fanatastic. You folks in Denver have no idea just how ridicosly spoiled you are =P. Best larp food I have had, and MN's is pretty good.
  • The stars. I always love seeing a full sky filled with stars. Oh and the few shooting stars I got to see as well, always awesome.
  • The sm'ores and dogs Friday night. The camp fire was awesome, the atmosphere was aweosme, the singing was great, and the jokes superb.
  • Being Darius number 2, it seem'd to make me more memorable for some which is always nice.
  • Seeing friends I haven't seen in years.
  • Just interacting with everyone throughout the event, the jokes, the comradry, the deeper conversations, no one was snooty, all the different people I fought along side.

Uhhhhh...again brainless Monday morning, so this could be hard and I'll forget a lot.

• Friday night Campfires: Aweeesome. The hanging out, camaraderie, singing, Rothlfur being able to play that mandolin that confounds me, the dwarven bro time, like...so much happened that was flat out just roleplay and people being people. Thank you so much who all came out, stayed up, tended the fires, and helped out cleaning up.
  • Bonus point: The "YOU'RE INTERRUPTING OUR FUN TIME" massacre of the NPCs Badfishguys that came by during the campfire. Hehehe. People just got up, went at them, cleaned up quickly, and we were back at the fire fun timing it up.
  • Morning talk with Egil about the Badfishguys: This was interesting as we talked creative ways to approach things, and learning about the history of the Badfishpeople and Bayenna. Some good background here that I wont spoil OOC, I'm totally interested to see where else this goes and if there is more to it. Also the "People don't sleep with their weapons?" talk came up again and is always good for lols. Special Mention to Rah-Rah (sp?) for asking the question I had been waiting on, about what do you do with spirit link weapons when you mate...
  • Sea Elf Mod: Jesse this was an awesome introduction and negotiation with the Sea Elves, also the description you made of the scene to match what was there was cool. I really thought the story and why of all of it was well extremely well done. I totally dug that we got gills too, some roleplay came outta that several times afterwords. Like I really loved what this mod was about, did, and how it was done. I really enjoyed fighting with all of the new PCs whose names I wont remember until like Tue/Wed as I recover - thank you all for working together, adapting as we got jumped from behind, this was awesome.
  • Super special nods to Juliet/Elavir's lunch packet time. I also really enjoyed sitting and roleplaying with Vincent/Inaki and the new RA folks.
  • Identifying the Spear: This was cool the way that Ian/Anders identified and explained what it was. Had some good talks on the way to the Mage guild in a faraway land, and then the walk back, and then handing it to Baron Egil and having him explain more about it. I wont spoil it, but I think the spear had some really interesting background and story potential, I was glad to be able to be a part of that story and learn about it.
  • Saturday Dinner: Okay so...I can't adequately put this into words. Everything was amazing from the presentation, to the taste, to the amount, to - just yes. Holy crap Tavern.
  • Undead Assault: Team Lawnmower. So as per how well laid plans end up different, we kinda ended up as Brom, Vira, Faren, Aneria, and Frank for a while. We had a blast just mowing through everything we could. Split up a bit at the end, as Faren went up to support the group going after the lich (best was him limping along constantly getting withered - poor guy. Great roleplayer as he made it very obvious), so were in semi panic mode just trying to mow through everything we can without a healer and manage all of these undead at the bottom of the hill so the others can do their thing up there. We're fighting along, and Vira and Aneria end up blowing a hole through getting up the hill as Brom and I worked over some more Undead, and we get up there and they've killed the lich - but Faren is down. Omg panic, drag him back and set up protection as Aneira is up there cleaning up with Brom, get him back up - life spell and hes fine. PHEW. Like totally intense fight, got to fight along side some of my favorite people. Best loot of the fight? The look on Brom/Mark's face before, during, and after that fight. We didn't shut up about how much fun that was throughout the next day. We will have a W next time for combat warding :)

Lots of good RP with folks all over the weekend I can't even process it. Like dude, it was like - just happy people roleplaying lots.

Had a great time doing my first PC event. Everyone I met was soo helpful and friendly.
  • Loved how we started the event with the boat mod. It was a fun way to literally jump in to my new character.
  • Friday night bonfire was soo much fun!I loved the singing and thank you to Tiatar for the food for the bonfire. And man do the dwarves know how to party :)
  • Loved hanging out with Warchester, such a fun group, kept me laughing all the time and helped me along the way.
  • The sea elf mod was fun and unique ( I mean how many times do you get fight under water to save sea elves?).
  • Ohh and the dinner Saturday night, top notch, tavern staff out did themselves.
  • Then getting to brush up on my belly dancing was fun.
  • The night time battle to get the Lich was thrilling, npc did such a great job. Man it was a challenge in a dark forest, NPC would just pop out of no where and attack.
  • Saturday night bonfire another great time, I got to play with fire (I swear I only do it because it is what my character would do, I get no enjoyment out of it :p ), I got to learn about some interesting stories like "squire deploy" and the iron peacock/porcupine.
  • Sunday morning another great breakfast, those doughnuts are like crack....
  • Then a beautiful walk into the woods following a dryad and then coming back hearing the sounds of fighting and getting a chance to sneak up on some monsters!
Sadly we have a family reunion in VA so we will have to wait 2 months till the next event......

Last edited:
So many amazing moments this weekend!

Clearing the town after the hectic and exciting ship battles was such a fun experience! Great job plot on making that just a fantastic way to get introduced to the area!

Friday night RP at the fire with everyone was surreal in the most epic fashion esp the interaction Lucian, Blue, Rothlfur and Ri . There was something so different and fantastic having half the town sharing drinks and there was just an amazing sense of camaraderie around that fire it made Abtus so happy!

Breakfast, dinner and breakfast WOW the fare this weekend was spectacular! Jack what an amazing job feeding so many people such awesome food! Also sharks and boats!!!

Getting to share the Sea elf mod with so many awesome new friends! Everyone that Abtus went with did an amazing job saving our elf friends and defending each other.

Abtus went to take a nap after dinner and awoke to find the town had gone on a long journey. This is when I started an NPC shift which was a blast!

I loved running with you guys in NPC camp and I hope I added to everyone's Saturday night enjoyment by leading a group Sahagan on sneak attacks :p I think I got told "I hate you" more than once and I loved it!

Being a drunken pirate! SO many levels of awesome there on that Saturday night mod!

Sunday morning discussion with Baron Darius about resurrection and the difference in resurrection techniques. Also the Huge difference between a formal circle of power and the quick cast circle of power and a nice introduction in what ritual magic involves!

Really want to thank everyone involved in this game PC & NPC as I always have such and amazing time and y'all make it a wonderful experience every time!

So many good moments this event! I got way more roleplay than I usually get with people I don't normally get much time with. Seriously though, the roleplay was amazing this weekend.
  • It seemed like every time I walked around site, I heard bursts of loud laughter from one place or another. The upbeat mood from so many people made it rewarding and energizing on my end, and reminded me why I love LARP.
  • Playing the Frog Tribe sisters with Rachel. Grima and Sigrun were so much fun to play and we had some great interactions. Conversation about Wild Men tribes and history and culture with Valdyr, and then with Alis and Peat the next day. ("You didn't tell me there were marsh barbarians!" -Peat) Thanks to Lyra for letting us crash your fire for a while! The sheer number of people around that fire was astonishing, and all the singing and camaraderie was such a delight to glimpse and get to be a momentary part of.
  • Shout-out to Rachel for the undead makeup, Frog Tribe makeup, and other very theatrical looks. She puts on makeup faster than an NPC portrayer can put it on themselves, and it generally looks cooler. Such a valuable addition to our camp! Also, I don't know if anyone got to see my creepy ghost makeup on the Saturday night lich battle, but it creeped me out! Looked like something out of a Japanese horror film.
  • Conversations with squires and knights as Dame Kettredge! Finally got to have a few good meaty discussions with Dame Katherine which was a delight. Got to learn more about squires that Dame Kettredge hadn't gotten to engage with as much, too, through interactions with them.
  • Scene in the healers guild with Brooke Blaine. Absolutely made my day.
  • I got to tell my first resurrection story of Alliance! I also got to witness some sarr roleplay and may I say, Rahra and JJ's lion sarr are delightfully feral and feline. So cool to watch.
  • Lich battle! (I was wrong, by the way. That WAS your first lich encounter of Alliance Denver.)
  • Tavern dinner! Holy crap. Best tavern dinner so far.
  • Marsh mod! I was very pleased by how that went off. I had predicted several possible ways it could be solved and written what would happen in each direction. The players took the direction I'd most anticipated, but in a way I hadn't anticipated - though really, it was a situation of "They might negotiate a peace, and this is how each side will feel about that possibility" but I had no clue what that negotiation would look like. Great problem solving and roleplaying all around.
  • Investigation mod! Also a somewhat unexpected way to solve that one - great preparation on the part of the PCs! Loved the roleplay, too, from both players and portrayers.

I am groggy, unable to walk properly, and can't stand up straight from all the bruises and whatnot. Also down 7 pounds from water loss I'm guessing. Thus...clearly had a good time.

My highlights...
  • The ghost ship mod. The mod itself would have been fairly interesting but nothing special on its own...but with Jesse (IG) freaking the hell out ("OMFG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!") I loved it. Making matters more interesting, I'm shouting orders about the boat to PCs and Kendrick loses his **** about having to bail out the (sinking) boat and that we had no rum. It all went to hell over nonsense in a bout of hilarity.
  • The drunk and singing pirates. And a parrotkin. Sorry for mauling you, parrot. The squawk when I pounced was priceless.
  • Scouting team alpha on the undead mod. You guys are awesome.
  • Rahra upon seeing me holding my breath because I'd just eaten a mint. Went over the table after me, climbed over me about four times to find the can of Altoids, and then RP-bit me when I tried to throw the mints to safety. Loved it!
  • JJ (can't spell new sarr name) arguing for 10 minutes about titles.
  • The physical challenge swamp mod. Great mod! PCs and NPCs were wonderful. Sorry for utterly failing on the return trip to do the challenges...heat stroke hit and apparently I can't walk in a straight line then.
  • The fae boat showing up all grand and noble. It lands and the quartermaster steps up and formally introduces himself...and then the ship moves to smash the Salty Vixen #1 into pieces. "Oh...this ship is also a jealous ship." Long live the Salty Vixen #2!
  • (edit because I can't believe I forgot this) Jesse trolling me all event about the boat.
That's all I can think of right now. Brain shutting down.

Last edited:
Had a great time with the whole event.
Highlights.
I enjoyed the wonderful belly dancing the was put on for us. Love to see more.
the camp fire with singing and jokes, both nights.
Enjoyed being attacked while relaxing on my hammock . It sucked since all my amor was off and had to run to the tent since it had a ward on it. Yelling for help while trying to get dressed as we would trying to get in some hits.
Was happy with meeting and talking with other dwarfs.
Enjoyed sitting in the woods at night stocking ncps.
Enjoyed learning new skills.

my pages enjoyed
Getting to play and meet other sarr's.
My elf fighting and role playing with rivenvale.
All in all great time.

dislikes
the wire fences that where around and you couldn't see at night.
and falling over rocks.

• The pre-game overstimulated campsite scare memes about bears and moose on Facebook
  • Breathtaking views along the drive up to the site!
  • Having such a short and convenient drive to site from Broomfield!
  • Boat modules Friday night actually went quickly, and flowed smoothly from one to another. Way to organize that nicely, Plot!
  • Wandering monsters on dark trails -- YES! I'm the one player in the game who couldn't care less about mods, honestly, but I LOVE fearing the night with monsters waiting on the roads!
  • ALL the new players! So neat to see our game continue to grow, and have so many new, enthusiastic, happy people even yet to meet! I can't wait to get to know all my potential new friends better :)
  • "I wish I spoke Whale."
  • Whalekin imitations! ("PFFFFFFFFT!!")
  • Egil, Eldred, and Kate's ridiculous theories about The Monkey Idol -- Ya know, I'm just not getting enough Musketeer time with this trio all together! We need to fix that.
  • TONS of bro time with Egil overall -- great bonding this weekend! The quick OOG glance during the Hold about the land-bond lightning strikes said it all :)
  • Crimson Collective! I ADORE you guys! Your enthusiasm, good cheer, and wonderful preparation for the game is all so refreshing! I very much look forward to hanging out with y'all more in the future!
  • Small moments with Arikaya and Night that I really enjoyed in their meaning in the small and even silent moments :)
  • Good moments on Saturday afternoon to chat at leisure with Lumi and Thorgrim, and later FellStar, all of whom are characters with whom I don't often get to chat at length. I enjoyed getting to compare notes on certain story elements, and put our heads together as to what to do next.
  • RIVERVALE! So often this weekend, we remarked on the level of support, IG and OOG, on this team, and our friendship across so many lines in an intricate net in this team. I LOVE YOU GUYS! (And thank you again, Eric, for handling that spider for me on Sunday morning!) (And Vincent, I MISS YOU!!)
  • Speaking of Rivervale, I thoroughly enjoyed some moments of lovely interpersonal roleplay with making plans for the expectant Brooke Blaine's safety while the rest of us went on the liche-death-hill field battle. I love being on a team that takes its roleplay seriously enough to make IG plans to cover what's happening with the pregnant player, the guy down with a migraine, and the 2 who went to NPC -- and the plans were interesting, and provided for some cool moments among B.B., Darius, and Kate.
  • "Roro wants to go kick some undead butt" -- CRACKED. ME. UP. I love Roro and Zizi! (And OOG Friday: "OH MY GOD, KUNG FU PANDA 3 IS THE MOST EXCITING THING EVER!!111!") I'll miss y'all in July -- VERY much looking forward to seeing you again in August!
  • Neat small moments with Lucian on 2 occasions with him apologizing for giving good advice -- was eye opening IG about why someone would feel the need to make that apology... Hmmm....
  • Lagarde! I was happy to take a few minutes for some chat between our characters this weekend comparing notes on story elements and such, and I look forward to more in the future -- And shouting, side by side with Egil, "ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!"
  • Ellie LOSING IT over various foolhardy field battle antics. I love it when quiet people lose their cool; it always amuses me so!
  • Siadak roleplaying a Quickling in the last encounter aboard the "Lagarde"
  • Really enjoying all the hints of pre-Acarthian history in the land that is now Bayenna. The hints from the sea elf mods, and the Swamp Liche battle were neat! I super look forward to watching this story, and everything related to it unfold!
Trace Moriarty

Last edited:
So I think this was was my favorite event that I have been to at Alliance so far. I was incredibly engaged the entire game. There was an excellent mix of fighting, role-play, atmosphere and shenanigans. This is going to be longer than my normal favorite moment posts because there's just so much good stuff that happened this game.

• Starting out with the boat battles and storming the beaches really got things going right away and I was instantly sucked in and immersed in game right from the start.
  • Jax deciding to join team Warchester.
  • Getting to know my Warchester people better, especially Lumi and Jax. I had a blast spending a lot of my event with you this weekend.
  • Meeting and interacting with some great new players.
  • Fire time and Dwarven drunkenness. I love the camaraderie all of the dwarves share despite all being on different teams, and yes we do know how to party. Also damn Moria (sp?), that was some serious arm wrestling, I think my arm is still a bit sore.
  • I got to interact with a lot of players I hadn't spent much time with before, Dame Katherine, Peat, Squire Frank, Squire Kendrick, Moria, and others.
  • Getting to shout bane thanks to my magic item when a Sahaugin caster thought he was going to destroy my 35 point suit of armor. Don't screw with a dwarf's beard, booze, or armor.
  • Tavern staff and food/drinks in general. IP I hated those bastards so much for overcharging, stinginess and constantly asking for tips. The interactions I had there made me feel like I was in a different land more than anything else during the game. Dinner was amazing.
  • Osborne freaking out while asleep shouting "Oh S#!t Oh S#it I am not falling in mumble mumble mumble..." and I actually thought he was falling off the bed. John even dreams IP, hardcore sir.
  • My awesome squires who help me get in to and out of my ridiculous amount of armor.
  • The awesome wave battle that followed the Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner scene. A handful of us who were still at the tavern managed to fight off wave after wave of undead using tactics and team work the likes of which I have seldom seen at a LARP. I think the most amazing thing about it was just how calm and controlled the whole thing was despite how easy it would have been to get overwhelmed. Everybody knew their job, worked as a team, kicked some ***, and won an encounter we had no business surviving if you just looked at the numbers.
  • And last but certainly not least the Ghost Ship mod. The mod began at dinner time while Jesse was playing the fisherman Carl and Thorgrim overheard him talking about strong drink. Dame Katherine actually commissioned Thorgrim to go get this man drunk and get information from him, which might just be the single best task you could assign a dwarf, and she also fronted the bill. During our drunken conversation I managed to convince Carl to take us out looking for this ship very much against his better judgment (which was pretty much the theme of the entire mod). The role play and atmosphere on the way out to sea was great, and the tension kept building. Finally when the undead were killed and the boat disappeared dumping a bunch of our people into the water, Thorgrim reached out his sword to save Brom, ditched his shield to grab hold of Kendrick and Wolsey. as we all 3 dangled from the edge of the ship just waiting for the rope tied around Thorgrim to break. It was terrifying and awesome. This was also the first time Thorgrim had a chance to lead a mod team, which was a great experience both in and out of play and I hope to do it again many more times.

Last edited:
First game as a PC (and 2nd overall):
  • Friday night. All of it. The boats and retaking town was very much a toss into the blender for us new folk, which as a shy person I loved. Boat mod broke the ice, running around town was great for meeting some different groups, and then the campfire for the camaraderie. By the time I went to bed Friday, I think I had already met a large majority of the PC's at least in passing. Most I could not recognize in the light come morning, and many re-introductions were made.
  • Warchester crew, for taking Ember and I under their wing all weekend when we were as much a liability as an asset, and giving our limited skills a chance to shine on occasion. We had a blast.
  • The tavern staff and food. Blows my mind how much these folks do for us.
  • My first small group mod! And it completed with no combat (though it was very much a looming threat)!
  • All the night fights. I never appreciated how tough the NPCs could be to see in most/all black when I was one of them. The night was dark and full of terrors.
  • My first chance to waylay a truly unsuspecting NPC! Pay no mind to the fact that it had no effect... or that I promptly forgot Lagarde's training re: bracketing an opponent with your allies, after the waylay failed... them fish were scary...
  • All of the quality RPers I met. It's something I'm terrible at, and really admire those that truly take on such different characters.
  • Thank you NPC's!
We can't make the next event, but we'll see you all in August!

Edit: Totally forgot. Moose encounter!

Last edited:
Just a few that come to mind while evening descends.

· While not a big fan of the boats, I will give points on how the operation ran and that we were able to move through the opener quickly.
· Fighting up the road to "clear" the area was a good way to explore the land.
· Sneaky support group of Arkaida, Blue and Lucian holding the back of the group. We were challenged about a half dozen times when we'd catch up to the main group.
· Kyn drinking time! It was so great sharing the role play and Lucian's drinks around the fire. There's this feeling of the Kyn coming together. Even if it sometimes takes Lucian's strong strawberry wine.
· Poor Abtus. He never stood a chance.
· Oh the "hangover" in the morning. Ri's loud conversations didn't help. Some wolves just aren't meant for bright sunny days.
· Explaining what the scarves on tails represented.
· Special thanks to David for running a mod in a unique way for Blue and Lucian.
· The first "fish men from the waters" wave battle. This one revealed a lot about various characters and inspired some very personal role play while waiting for the dinner line to shorten.
· The undead fight gave good combat practice for Cerberus. It was wonderful having a fighting group and wildly stressful on keeping them safe. I have a healthy respect for the battle leaders. Shouting orders and trying to be clear in warnings can be a challenge.
· Apologizing to Dame Katherine over giving her orders on the line. It was dark, I swear! :)
· Being ambushed on the road back to camp. Rescue by Rivervale was very nice and the escort up the road fun. Learned the important lesson of staying quiet on dark roads.
· Getting the barons of Bayenna and Tiatar drunk. It was wonderful watching the friendship by the fire. Their stories and having everyone introduce themselves was amazing.
· Sending everyone to bed and staying up to put out the fire. There was something exceptionally peaceful in the scene with the sky framed by trees.
· Taking out the plant infested wolf while waiting for the breakfast line to shorten.

Friday night was huge for me as a newer player to Alliance! The fact that there was a mod scheduled RIGHT AWAY that involved the entire town was amazing! As someone who doesnt really know everyone yet it did a lot to help us newer players feel included. Sometimes plot/older players can forget what it feels like to be a new player that doesnt know anyone, so "free RPing in the Tavern" can be pretty daunting when you know nothing about the lands and keep forgetting where your character is from! So props for that!
  • Boat 4 for life!
  • But Peet's hair was amazing, the little fireflies in it totally helped my immersion!
  • Networking with my fellow Biata- one one of us finally learns the two skills we need, we will be set! We need some teachers for future Biata!
  • Friday night campfire was great! Plenty of singing and music, I havent seen so much talent gathered around the same fire in some time. Again, huge for immersion.
  • While the ~2-3 hour wait to go save the Sea Elves was pretty brutal, it was a great opportunity to get to know some people! The wait was totally worth it! A killer mod, with opportunities for Ivan and I to get our rogue on by flanking and distracting. Sneaking around the first coral hut and startling the two mobs that were not expecting me that soon was pretty awesome.
  • Got to bust out my thieves tools (which evidently no one ever brings, even though they have legerdemain), only to find that the box I treated like wounded bird didnt even have a trap in it.... still loved it!
  • Saturday night meal was blissful, the Kahlua Pork was out of this wor-Acarthia
  • While we didnt find any mod cards, the journey, and the company on it, couldn't be beat!
Overall, one of the best LARP events I have been to in years! I think I have found my LARP home! A chapter worth traveling for!

Thank you so much to hard work staff and NPCs crew. You Rock!
  • I really enjoyed the much shorter drive to the site and back (from Longmont)
  • The views from the site are AMAZING and its so so so so pretty.
  • Anders and his boat battle magic storm
  • Crimson Collective - Love the energy. What a great group of people.
  • Brooks - peanut butter rice krispys
  • Going to NPC camp to sign up for a shift and getting asked for NOW, How about NOW. Then getting thrown into NPCs was so much fun.
    • Learned a lot and spent time with people I don't normally get to.
    • Saw all the work that goes on behind the curtain and realizing staff and NPCs are under appreciated.
    • Aneira - While doing an emergency NPC role still dressed as my PC, "We can't take a perma dead Belswin look a like back to Tavern, Rivervale will loose their ****!" Made me feel very very very loved ;)
  • Squire Bromm and his thoughts on the Code of Chivalry
  • Sea Elf mod with Crimson Collective - Seriously this is a great group!
  • Revealing my new look.
  • NPCing night time undead battle
  • Fire time and talking about fountain boat etiquette
  • Aneira owning the shadow during the resurrection.
  • Rivervale - Thanks for hosting me again. You are all so sweet and caring.
  • Short drive home.
~Bel

*I usually drive an hour and a half to site; it was two this time. Oddly, I REALLY enjoyed the longer drive. It gave me a great deal of time to rev up, get IC, and then get back out again on the way home. It was also SUPER pretty and a reasonably stress-free drive, which I liked. So while other people's favorite was having a shorter drive, I liked having a longer one, and thus accept that I am weird and probably need help. :p
*Baron Morningtide; post at least eight donuts. Alis has grant plans to ensure he -always- has sugar (except notrly).
*Being welcomed to the fire for s'mores saturday night despite being blind as **** with my contacts out and a decidedly unhelpful healer/combatant/anything. Thank you, guys. :)
*FOOD! There wasn't even quiche and I was -still- happy! Jack was even nice enough to let me pull him aside and interrogate him about which dinner dishes weren't safe for me to eat. The kitchen staff is always so amazing, and for the new players telling us we don't know how lucky we are; trust me, I know. ;) Here's to Jack and Quinn and all the other kitchen people who regularly bust their asses to make sure us sorry, exhausted, sunburnt fools have quality food to keep us going.
*Like others said, the quickness of the boat mod was pleasantly surprising and very nicely done.
*The moment Alis accidentally almost asked Peat if she does something "like other plants", and Peat looked at her and said 'I absolutely get one free 'barbarian' for that.' Doh!
*All the WONDERFUL compliments on my new armor! Seriously, you guys... you made my WHOLE week! It's so nice to work so hard on a thing and have people appreciate it; thank you, BIG TIME!!
*The aesthetic pleasure of the site. For all it's problems (and I really do dislike all the issues we had) it sure was gorgeous to look at. Skeld, Katya, Valdyr and I all went for a walk Saturday and found this HUGE field full of flowers and butterflies and seriously I may just hide there all next game.
*The subtle but lovely ambiance of Alex playing the Uke in the tavern at random times.
*I don't know how many people noticed, but I just want to say how much I freaking LOVED the hidden speaker and dockside sound effects at the tavern. Dani, I think you were responsible for this, and may I just say HOLY CRAP, dude. It added an UNBELIEVABLE amount to the atmosphere; please never stop being you. That was so awesome.
*The moment when Alis realized Skeld really -did- want her to tag along on the adventure.
*Meeting Darius #2 and realizing "It's just a Darius thing". :p

There are probably more, but there's a start. I love this game!

Charging the first boat, jumping on board, then taking a mid-fight pause while Egil filled me in on the boat fight rules that I had somehow missed. We have the most helpful player base ever.

The Sahaugin Road Fights, with special shout out to whoever was rogue-ing on that. Every now and then I'd take 2 6 normals on the back, and the squirrelly bastard was gone before I turned around.

The dolphin noise NPC signals.

Trying to set up an ambush. Exhausted NPCs running into sticks, finding mud pits, falling down over nothing. Deciding that maybe it was time for a frontal assault instead.

The bad-*** zombie make up for the undead fight. Discovering the fake blood wouldn't come out of my beard. Getting handed a pirate captain role, because Redbeard is a great pirate name.

Drunken Pirate Sing-alongs: not the first terrible in-character NPC sing-along, but usually it's while we're waiting for PCs.

"I'm not sure if you should have a slay." Alex breaks out with this amazing parrot voice "Brawk! Prepare to die!" "Okay, you've convinced me."

Dinner! I am totally okay with moving to Bayenna permanently now.

Squirrel! Leading newbies on a merry chase through the woods with the sounds of an epic battle coming from over the hill.

Back