Just a Person of Galanthia

I do not know who this goes out to, but I hope it reaches the intended target. I speak to the whoever wrote the missive in the Ashbury Times that was signed arrogantly with "The People of Icenia."

If you truly wish to engage in dialogue with the citizens of Galanthia, you should try to avoid insulting them. Speak not of the prophets and prophecies when you are clearly have no real knowledge of them. Your claim that a scrap of paper reached the glorious homeland due to the work of prophecy is nothing more than a mockery of the true prophecies that sustain Galanthia. As one born of a true prophet, I know what true prophecy is.

Not only do you mock the ways of citizens of Galanthia, you treat them like children. Just because your morally oppressive society disdains necromancy, that does not mean that all societies must do so. To act as if the people of Galanthia cannot make their own moral decisions, but must either be bound by the ways of another, is nothing less than an insult. It is not tyranny to follow the orders of a leader, even when one disagrees with them. It is duty, something which I have learned that many in your society cherish highly.

But, I suspect this falls on deaf ears. For only a coward would hide behind the obviously untrue "people of Icenia." And, while I will never be an Icenian, in my time here I have learned that Icenians are rarely cowards.

It is possible that I may have misremembered the exact words of the writer, for I did not read this myself, but had it read to me. I do not apologize if that is true, but simply retract that which I have stated that isn't factual.

Let me end by simply revealing how a true child of Galanthia acts and respects the prophets. Because prophecy dictates it, I have sworn to defend Ashbury from all enemies, including Galanthia, until the day that I have died my final death or until Ashbury is bound with Galanthia.

Esten the Branded

Back