Lok of Harbors Far

I wish to let people know what really happened with my brother Lok because I heard many suspicions about what might have gone down. I will not tell the run up to the events because that is something i cannot be unbiased about, and re-hashing that will not serve any purpose.

After the meeting with the nobles and the keybearers, Lok went for a walk on his own. He felt insulted and wished to cool off. A stranger approached him in the woods and offered him a smoke and a drink. to give a little perspective, in our lands we were met with contempt and the term mistwalker, which is used as a slur against non natives to Gaden. We have experienced much xenophobia from our lands, and so to come to Vandalar and be greeted as normal people and even with kindness is quite a shock. Lok followed the man to his tent, they sat, and talked like civil people as the stranger showed a kind hand and a kind ear to my brother. It turns out this man was a minion of the Raksasha, and one far more powerful than my brother and probably could have ensured the demise of Harbors Far himself, and my brother was there. the Raksasha had him, and had the staff, and it was clear it was not a battle that could be won. so my brother talked. he bargained with the only chip he had, his life, so that myself and my brothers be protected. if he had fought, the same fate would have befallen him, i am sure of it. but instead he gave up his life to save mine and my brother's life from the Raksasha and his greater minions. This i know because there were times when i came face to face with the dragon, with large undead creatures, and the raksasha himself and was induced to sleep instead of the many apocalyptic things either of them threw.

Lok had no choice to become what he did, the raksasha trapped him. as a tribute to who he was, he was even able to stay in control long enough when he came back to the tavern to talk with me, but before i could say anything he was set upon and crushed... all his personal effects taken except his bloodstained and shredded tunic. I found out later that he could have been saved with a scroll that was on hand and an enslavement antidote...

The only reason i bring that last part up is that if someone had stopped to talk, i could've at least said goodbye, or better yet, i could have gotten my brother back, and i just hope it doesn't happen again to someone else. My friends, i may not be all that social, but i owe all of you a debt of gratitude for wreaking revenge on the creature that did this to my family. Safe Travels to you all

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

James, they killed Lok with out any word of question or explanation? But Lok was a good man.

When we were on the giants walk in Hope's Reach, Lok made sure that Gorka retreated with the rest.

When I needed help paying for food and supplies, he let Gorka make purses for harbors far. He payed me well more than I thought they were worth, I tried to give the extra back but he told me it was important to fund good people.

Lok was a friend. Gorka's friend.

They took his things? What of the painting I made of him? I'd like to have it so I could make his brothers another for remembering a good man by.

-Gorka

I am sorry for the loss of your friend, Gorka. It is always sad when who someone was to us individually is lost in the turning of their spirit to serve Chaos.

Goodman James,

The information that was given to me by both the Fae Lord that was visiting on that Sunday, and the rumor in the tavern that day, was that Lok had given up the key-locating staff of his own volition. It sounds, from your description, that while this is true, there were perhaps extenuating circumstances. I am no noble of your land and do not presume to pass Judgment on something I neither witnessed nor had a personal stake in. Having been enslaved a number of times both to the detriment of my fellows and ultimately to myself, I can empathize with the plight of a brother who wishes to believe naught but the best for his kin.

That said, in a field battle there often is no time or opportunity for such things to be handled with delicacy. I have personally caused the deaths of allies simply because they seemed immune or even just far too resistant to any attempt to capture them and they posed too great a threat to the rest of the living at that moment to be addressed delicately.

While I am sorry that you did not get to say goodbye to your sibling, perhaps a Spirit Farewell is in order, now that he has been laid to rest? I would be happy to pitch in some gold towards the acquisition of the necessary components and scrolls, as well as casting, for friend of the beautiful Gorka.

@~}~~
Sir Gregor

(OOG: Moderator please delete my above post apparently I do not have permission to edit my posts in this forum.)

I find it highly doubtful that Lok willingly gave up the staff, and then choose willing to be turned into an undead. It is simply not in his character, for just last market day in Gaden after being bitten by a powerful vampire and no cure was working he voluntarily, at the protest of many towns folk, chose to end his life to prevent himself from turning and harming those around him. Thus I find it unlikely that just a few short weeks latter he of his own will choose to be cursed with undeadth and serve the Raksasha.

Did he perhaps make a mistake in walking alone? Perhaps, but if people are to be condemned over such a mistakes then I am sure much of the town, myself included, should be condemned.

Am I angry at the doubt and silent accusations that I felt that night? Not really, for I can understand the why, but I am sadden'd.
Sad that such noble adventurers chose the quick path and jumped to conclusions, and I am deeply sorrowful that when he returned and was slay'd that someone found it necessary to not only take his gold, but also his personal possessions - worthless to anyone but us, his family.

All I ask is that in your hearts you remember the man that fought bravely, loved and was loved, and that his personal non-monetary items be returned to their rightful place - with his family of Harbors Far.

With honor always,
Thorador Boulderfist

I don't write for charity, my brother thorador speaks for us, we just wanna put the suspicions to rest.

-James the Inconcievable of Harbors Far

I also would like to address the theory I had heard some ascribe to, which is that Lok gave up the staff willing to save his brothers in Harbors Far and this proves he did it while not being enslaved. But is this not exactly the kind of devious ploy that the Rahksasha would employ to not only cause physical harm to us, but mental and emotional harm, by causing us to doubt one another? I find it highly suspicious that it was so publicly known that us of Harbors Far were protected by a deal made with the Rahksasha, when we all know the Rahksasha did not need to deal with anyone. It is much more likely that it was all a devious ploy by the Rahksasha to cause us all more turmoil.

The point of this statement is to give people a better understanding of what likely truly happened and not be swayed by rumors. Also if we can receive the personal belongings of our dear friend that would be fantastic, as we are holding a funeral and ceremony next market day in our lands.

With honor always,
Thorador Boulderfist

Back